Fenway Really Starting at 6:30pm??

I forgot last year when Fenway started but the tickets say 6:30pm. That can't be right.....right?

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    they never play at the time on the ticket.  Usually 25-45 minutes after.  Fenway has a earlier curfew so an earlier start than other shows.
  • MC195994MC195994 Posts: 10
    for both 2016 shows, tickets said 6:30 but they started at 7:30 for both shows.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    May be in the minority but I would prefer them to start on time and start early enough so they can play until they are done w/o curfew being a bother and so there is time to go out with other fans and hang out after.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    May be in the minority but I would prefer them to start on time and start early enough so they can play until they are done w/o curfew being a bother and so there is time to go out with other fans and hang out after.
    Nope I'm with you on this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • I believe Fenway has a pretty strict 11 PM curfew, so I would expect on stage sometime between 730-8 for both shows.
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited August 2018
    pmcgrath5 said:
    I believe Fenway has a pretty strict 11 PM curfew, so I would expect on stage sometime between 730-8 for both shows.
    I read that the curfew for Fenway is 10:30. For Wrigley it is 11:00, but for the rain delay night 2 it was extended to midnight.

"This year, the City of Boston granted the Red Sox 12 concert dates but, they only have 10 booked so far. All of the concerts will be let out by 10:30 p.m. The Red Sox have also committed to cleaning up more surrounding areas of Fenway Park of trash, directly after each concert."

This is the article I got that quote from:
    https://thebostonsun.com/2018/05/25/fenway-park-works-to-mitigate-impacts-to-the-surrounding-neighborhood/
  • rwarrenrwarren Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what time the gates open?  I thought I saw 5:30p but I cannot seem to find it now. 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Fenway is pretty serious when it comes to the 10:30pm curfew , I really hope they make it on no later than 7:00pm so they don't have to cut songs because of curfew.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    This is why these fucking stadium shows suck.

'Wahhhh'...I can't sleep cause PJ is playing within ear shot of me!'

Just play arena's for Christs sakes please.

Rock and roll doesn't do 'curfews'.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • wordowordo Posts: 22
    It is Def. a 10:30 curfew there....Bruce has broken it before...only one I know of
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I also completely agree, eliminating the issue of curfew and then having time (& energy) to out for a few with other fans is awesome.
  • rwarren said:
    Does anyone know what time the gates open?  I thought I saw 5:30p but I cannot seem to find it now. 

Per the mobile tickets FAQ:

Boston:
    Doors: 5pm
    Set Time: 6:30pm

marcos said:
    I also completely agree, eliminating the issue of curfew and then having time (& energy) to out for a few with other fans is awesome.
    I used to LOVE going to GNR shows and literally having no clue when they would come out.  Sometimes it was 11PM, sometimes it was 1AM.  Not knowing when/if they were even gonna come out and play was part of the excitement.

Curfews are literally exactly the opposite of what rock and roll are supposed to be.

Ya'll are just getting old.

• TremormanTremorman Posts: 380

In 2016, they pushed it a bit on night 2

8/7/16 Fenway 2

Band Onstage:07:34
    Band Offstage:10:47

But Fenway first night was wrapped up at 10:30

8/5/16 Fenway 1

Band Onstage: 7:40
    Band Offstage: 10:30

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Saltzy23 said:
    marcos said:
    I used to LOVE going to GNR shows and literally having no clue when they would come out.  Sometimes it was 11PM, sometimes it was 1AM.  Not knowing when/if they were even gonna come out and play was part of the excitement.

Curfews are literally exactly the opposite of what rock and roll are supposed to be.

Yeah, being up in a crowded GA for almost 4hrs waiting for the headliner to come out is pretty cool.  So rock n roll!  

GNR in Augusta, ME back in 1993 (i think).  Brian May finished his set around 8pm and GNR came out after 11.  Axl was apparently out snow sledding.  It was fine for me, because i was 17 and didn't care much about school the next day.  Older people who had to work the next morning were probably a bit more annoyed.  Great show though.  

I also read somewhere that the band made next to no money on that tour due to the excessive fines they had to pay for breaking curfews.  But again, that's rock n roll, right ? :) 
    Saltzy23 said:
    marcos said:

Yeah, being up in a crowded GA for almost 4hrs waiting for the headliner to come out is pretty cool.  So rock n roll!  

GNR in Augusta, ME back in 1993 (i think).  Brian May finished his set around 8pm and GNR came out after 11.  Axl was apparently out snow sledding.  It was fine for me, because i was 17 and didn't care much about school the next day.  Older people who had to work the next morning were probably a bit more annoyed.  Great show though.  

I also read somewhere that the band made next to no money on that tour due to the excessive fines they had to pay for breaking curfews.  But again, that's rock n roll, right ? :) 
    If I say yes, does that make me a dick?

I sit at a fucking desk all day.  The times I go to these shows I wanna get worked into lather, get drunk and go crazy getting out pent up aggression.

10:30PM curfews suck.

I want the Thunderdome.
  • Tremorman said:

In 2016, they pushed it a bit on night 2

8/7/16 Fenway 2

Band Onstage:07:34
    Band Offstage:10:47

But Fenway first night was wrapped up at 10:30

8/5/16 Fenway 1

Band Onstage: 7:40
    Band Offstage: 10:30

Ah OK i was there for both in 2016 I knew night 2 was well past 10:30 thats why I was thinking 11 for curfew. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Saltzy23 said:
    marcos said:

First, the obvious.
    Yes!  We are getting old.  :)

Waiting for hours was never something I thought was cool, even when I was a pup.  Yes, we assume they are rock and roll stars and beholden to no schedules...but if there is a curfew (I agree and hate that) then they really do need to start earlier or be restricted, right?

Part of the fun (for many of us) is getting to see old friends pre/post show.  I enjoy having more time to do that.  BUT -- I am there to see Pearl Jam and if they want to (and can/do) play until 2 in the AM, fucking-a right I am going to enjoy that.

Knew that many would not agree with the post when I made it.  :)
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    marcos said:

If I say yes, does that make me a dick?

I sit at a fucking desk all day.  The times I go to these shows I wanna get worked into lather, get drunk and go crazy getting out pent up aggression.

10:30PM curfews suck.

I want the Thunderdome.
    Not a dick at all!! And I'll even agree with you that a 10:30 curfew (or any curfew for that matter) does indeed suck.  My disagreement was moreso with GNR (Axl) making crowds wait hours to come out on stage. Yes, more often than not, the payoff was fantastic. But it's not something I'd sign up for.  

For PJ, and Fenway specifically, I just wish/hope the stadium gets full by 6:30 so they can start.  History seems to show that they'll wait for people to get in there before they come out.  Knowing that time is limited here, I hope people get in there.  
  • even with 10:30 curfew leaves plenty of time for a 3 hour show even with 730 start. Are we expecting more than 3 hours at this point? Many have mentioned getting together with friends before and after. I feel like this is a great time to allow for both, and still get a kick ass 3 hour concert. Just my opinion
    pmcgrath5 said:
    even with 10:30 curfew leaves plenty of time for a 3 hour show even with 730 start. Are we expecting more than 3 hours at this point? Many have mentioned getting together with friends before and after. I feel like this is a great time to allow for both, and still get a kick ass 3 hour concert. Just my opinion
    It's not the length of the show.  It's the end time.

7:30-10:30 sucks my ass.

9 - Midnight is when God proclaimed rock shows should be played.

...and if going to the bar from 12:30 -2 is too late for you, then you are old dammit.

I'm gonna be 42 in less than a month, and I want saw dust and rock and roll until 2 am!
    I agree curfew is troublesome!
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I agree 9-12 is much better than 730-1030 especially as there is still daylight for the first part of the 730 show.  That being said if the city has a hard stop at 1030 I'll take the 3 hour set any time.  If they insist on stadium tours as the new normal, maybe they can find some cities where there isn't this curfew issue - easy example being Seattle I believe as they played until midnight there if memory serves.  Plenty of cities in NA with good stadiums today.  Cleveland, Detroit, Philly, etc.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023