Options

Can PJ make the SECOND half of the floor GA?

nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
seems like that would end a lot of the GA nonsense and hysteria
people can still choose ga and be 30 -40 rows back, have lots of people flowing around, dance without a seat restriction
if a ga environment creates a lot of “show energy” it could be better used further back
if ga allows for more tickets to be in fan’s hands this still allows that
original members get something back for their good 10c numbers
there would be a lot less hostility because people won’t lineup for 48 hours and feel the need to protect like crazy

i have a poor number but it makes sense it seems
'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
'06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
'09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
'11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
'14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
'16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
'17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Nobody would go for that option.  Back of floor is not a good location, unless you are over 6 foot 3.  

For a number of reasons, I would like either straight full on reserved... or the band's management to take control and better structure the queuing, line, and even the ga ticket distribution/lottery
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    Those who want to get caught up in the 'GA nonsense and hysteria' choose to do so by going for rail.  
    Most of the time I go in for doors opening and I can get to within 10-12 people from the front. A great spot for atmosphere and close to the band. Full reserved seats would not give that opportunity to the majority of fans. 

Also, these are rock shows, who wants to get stuck behind a seat? 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Long live GA in the front. Its cool that they give back to fans that have been around for so long with reserved seating priority by #, but thats why GA is nice because it can give so many more people the opportunity to be close. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    They switch to the Springsteen method of a random number draw to start the line 30 minutes or an hour before the doors open, and most of this GA rail nonsense goes away. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    OP, I had this thought run through my mind while at the Chicago shows. 

I was was thinking they should do two GA sections. Divided into the front and back. No one I saw in the reserved field seats were sitting anyway so why take up space with chairs. 
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    You also wouldn’t have to deal with the usher interrupting your vibe every 5 minutes by checking your ticket stub and everyone around you ie chichago wrigley this past weekend
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    release00 said:
    You also wouldn’t have to deal with the usher interrupting your vibe every 5 minutes by checking your ticket stub and everyone around you ie chichago wrigley this past weekend
    I was in the field section w/seats at both Wrigley shows and I chose them for a reason.  I like the option of sitting if/when the need arises (I didn't either night, but I did have the option).  It's also nice to have a spot to sit before the show starts, PLUS as a fan pushing 50, I don't want/need to jump around like a crazy person (I did enough of that in my teens/20s and even 30s) nor do I want people jumping around into me or my wife.  It's nice to have the assigned seat/area.  I enjoy the show(s) even though I'm not pogo-ing, thrashing my head and invading others space.

leep
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    30 rows back is still a great spot (it’s where all the senior tc members wore for Wrigley) and the 6ft 3 argument doesn’t make sense. There’s a divide between the front section that actually creates a field of vision. If you’re in the front and someone is tall in front of you they block 90 percent of your stage field of vision. If you’re back 30 rows that number becomes 10 percent 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited August 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    Nobody would go for that option.  Back of floor is not a good location, unless you are over 6 foot 3.  

For a number of reasons, I would like either straight full on reserved... or the band's management to take control and better structure the queuing, line, and even the ga ticket distribution/lottery
    It being GA or seats at the back half of the floor wouldn't impact people's ability to see, would it? Seats behind GA are even worse IMO. You don't even have the option of moving around for a better view when there are tall people in front of you.
    I actually think all bands should just make their stages a couple feet taller - that would help with the view from further back on the floor. Yes, it would also increase the angle at the front, but it wouldn't make so much of a difference that it would screw over those in the front.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    The GA nonsense and hysteria is being overstated. Sure, there were some jerks, but changning/getting rid of GA won’t solve it. 
  • Options
    The GA nonsense and hysteria is being overstated. Sure, there were some jerks, but changning/getting rid of GA won’t solve it. 
    All the calls for getting rid of GA seem like the least rock and roll thing ever, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:

It being GA or seats at the back half of the floor wouldn't impact people's ability to see, would it? Seats behind GA are even worse IMO. You don't even have the option of moving around for a better view when there are tall people in front of you.
    I actually think all bands should just make their stages a couple feet taller - that would help with the view from further back on the floor. Yes, it would also increase the angle at the front, but it wouldn't make so much of a difference that it would screw over those in the front.
    no sympathy for the rail rats
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:

no sympathy for the rail rats
    Hey, if they can live on a sidewalk for 2 days and then go to a show, I'm sure they can crane their necks a little more too. :lol:
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PJ_Soul said:
    All the calls for getting rid of GA seem like the least rock and roll thing ever, lol.
    People camping out for hours to buy socks and posters is even less rock and roll.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    leep75 said:
    release00 said:
    I was in the field section w/seats at both Wrigley shows and I chose them for a reason.  I like the option of sitting if/when the need arises (I didn't either night, but I did have the option).  It's also nice to have a spot to sit before the show starts, PLUS as a fan pushing 50, I don't want/need to jump around like a crazy person (I did enough of that in my teens/20s and even 30s) nor do I want people jumping around into me or my wife.  It's nice to have the assigned seat/area.  I enjoy the show(s) even though I'm not pogo-ing, thrashing my head and invading others space.
    I am looking forward to these kind of seats in the future 
  • Options
    svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52
    I don't think I would go for this. I've been in GA and loved it, but one of my favorite shows ever was Greenville 2016 and I had front row floor seats right behind GA. Great view of the stage and a lot of fun all around! I see the need to have both options personally.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    People camping out for hours to buy socks and posters is even less rock and roll.
    Ya, maybe you're right, lol.
  • Options
    Everyone would just cram into the first half and then it would look empty! 
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-TBD! 
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Saturday at Wrigley was one of the best GA experiences I had at a show.  There was ample room.  We wern't all over each other.  Mike's side 20 back or so  
  • Options
    JH431JH431 Posts: 2
    I don't know if this is a reasonable option but I think they need to have both GA and seats up close to the stage. The best seats I've ever had were 4th row, no GA pit, way back in 2003! Granted it was not a high demand show (Lexington, KY) but still. The last two shows I've been at including Monday's I had first row seats. STL's in 2014 were pretty close to the stage but way off to the side, while my Wrigley seats felt really far away behind that GA pit. I totally get the appeal of GA but not everyone wants to go that route. Fans who've been in the club a really long time but don't want to jostle in GA should get a chance to be close to the stage too.
    1996: Charlotte
    1998: East Lansing
    2000: Cincinnati
    2003: Lexington
    2013: Wrigley
    2014: St. Louis
    2018: Wrigley #2
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    They switch to the Springsteen method of a random number draw to start the line 30 minutes or an hour before the doors open, and most of this GA rail nonsense goes away. 
    Agreed. Meet 3 hrs prior to show at a designated location. Do a raffle old school Ticketmaster style. People then go in waves of 25 or 50 every 5 or 10 min. 
  • Options
    Gdeady25Gdeady25 Brooklyn NY Posts: 22
    cmalisze said:
    Agreed. Meet 3 hrs prior to show at a designated location. Do a raffle old school Ticketmaster style. People then go in waves of 25 or 50 every 5 or 10 min. 
    This would suck. Part of the reason PJ GA is so fun is getting to know the people in line with you and hanging out with them during the show. With a lottery it also sounds like you’re either going in at different times than your friends or sacrificing your spot, which also sucks. How about people who want to be in front put in the time in line, and PJ just adds a few more reserved shows to the next tour? 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Make the left half of the floor GA and the right half reserved. That would be weird as shit but let's mix it up. 
  • Options
    I think some accommodations need to be made if there is going to be a "no lineup before" rule again. That's just inviting chaos. If the city/venue don't mind people camping, then have at it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJ_Soul said:
    It was pretty damn rock n roll from 98-2011 with reserved seating. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    "pretty damn" is relative ofc. But my guess is,they weren't as rock n roll as other places in the world.
    We have all seen the wake that is the US PJ crowd on the concert DVD's

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ah, the old days of the board where all the angst that has been channeled to merch was reserved for whether people up front were rocking out hard enough. Anything short of a full Baptist revival meant days of scolding and finger wagging. Good times.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    "pretty damn" is relative ofc. But my guess is,they weren't as rock n roll as other places in the world.
    We have all seen the wake that is the US PJ crowd on the concert DVD's

I d take any of these reserved shows that I went to and put them up against any crowds in the world:
    night 2 msg 98
    spectrum 03
    msg 1 03
    philly 3/4, 09
    msg 2 10
    hartford 10
    toronto night 1, 11
    fenway 2, 2016
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......