Options

Posters

unknownunknown Posts: 531
So what is the most sought after poster?  Im one who just tries to get the shows i attend, but
after dealing with this montana poster , and seeing that a lot of people can't get the chicago ones,
i'm wondering just which ones are these flippers killing us on.

Comments

• Options
    ??? i guess posters are easy to get .
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Of all their posters or just this north American tour? 
  • Options
    mainly the past 10 years.  i mean i realize the ones from 98 tour are almost impossible to get.
    and this tour to ?  I just never thought i wouldn't be able to get the poster from montana
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    Most sought after is Moline IMO.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    RS65573 said:
    Cant see that being remotely true
  • Options
    whats so great about that one ? just unique ?

• Options
    i guess my question is, what makes some posters more valuable than the others? 
    personally all i want is the shows ive been too. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    unknown said:
    Hypebeasts
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    RS65573 said:
    Then what is?
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited August 2018
    unknown said:
    whats so great about that one ? just unique ?

It was a full album show. No Code show
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    These are the ones that immediately come to mind:
    Pittsburgh & Charlotte '13
    Cracker Jack / Wrigley '13
    NYC / Donkey Kong '10

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Then what is?
    Something along the lines of charlotte 96, Pitt13, emek santa barbara, missing links etc.  i see moline definitely being lower on the list.   Below Kong too and some 96’s and 98s
  • Options
    Like the poster from Moline, but didn't see those prices coming. I only get posters I attend, so of mine it would be Pittsburgh and I get the hype as it is one of my favorite posters I've ever seen.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2018
    MedozK said:
    unknown said:
    Hypebeasts
    True, usually, although once in a while I think it's fair to say it is mainly because the poster is just that awesome. I think that's the case for Pitt '13. That poster is phenomenal, like almost objectively, lol. And that poster is fucking hard to come buy, and expensive. And not on the same level (as evidenced by the lower prices), but same with Portland '13.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    This is funny - you're all saying Pittsburgh '13, and I'm thinking "Why in the world is Pittsburgh so very popular?  Which pic is that?" and as I was searching I was trying to remember images that I just thought were really cool.  Before I pulled it up I thought "Oh, wow, what city was that awesome one that shows the metalworker guy pouring liquid into a guitar mold?"  

And what city was it?  Pittsburgh '13!

That is indeed a cool-ass poster.  Lucky those who have it.

When I did my only mystery poster, I got a Buffalo '13 poster and while it certainly isn't up there with Donkey Kong or anything, it seems to be sought after.  I do like the image a lot, but why is that one so popular?
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    And I'll just add that one of my fave all-around PJ shows ever (not necessarily the best PJ show I attended, but the one I had the most fun at all around) was Philly/Camden 1, 1998.  For some reason those posters are hard to come by too!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    This is funny - you're all saying Pittsburgh '13, and I'm thinking "Why in the world is Pittsburgh so very popular?  Which pic is that?" and as I was searching I was trying to remember images that I just thought were really cool.  Before I pulled it up I thought "Oh, wow, what city was that awesome one that shows the metalworker guy pouring liquid into a guitar mold?"  

When I did my only mystery poster, I got a Buffalo '13 poster and while it certainly isn't up there with Donkey Kong or anything, it seems to be sought after.  I do like the image a lot, but why is that one so popular?
    I haven't seen the Pitt '13 poster in person unfortunately, but I've heard that it is even better in real life. Apparently the colours of the molten steel stand out in a way that makes it just amazing.
    I think the Donkey Kong one is so popular because of the retro nostalgia of the image for us Gen Xers. Everyone played Donkey Kong on their Ataris or in the arcades back in the 80s. Us Gen X fools love our retro nostalgia, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:
    JH6056 said:

I haven't seen the Pitt '13 poster in person unfortunately, but I've heard that it is even better in real life. Apparently the colours of the molten steel stand out in a way that makes it just amazing.
    I think the Donkey Kong one is so popular because of the retro nostalgia of the image for us Gen Xers. Everyone played Donkey Kong on their Ataris or in the arcades back in the 80s. Us Gen X fools love our retro nostalgia, lol.
    The ink was really freakin cool looking in person!  For me though, the novelty of the entire image eventually wore off and I sold it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    unknown said:
    personally all i want is the shows ive been too. 
    The art itself always comes into play, but the poster artist and significance of the show are usually two of the biggest factors outside of the art that come into play.  Sometimes the venue can play a factor as well.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

I have the Buffalo too, and like that one. My second favorite that I have is the probably Wrigley hotdog. I passed on the Cracker Jacks and it is pretty sought after. I also find it amusing when the merch vendors question that I only want a quantity of 1. 
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    JH6056 said:

I have the Buffalo too, and like that one. My second favorite that I have is the probably Wrigley hotdog. I passed on the Cracker Jacks and it is pretty sought after. I also find it amusing when the merch vendors question that I only want a quantity of 1. 
    I never understood the hype over the Cracker Jack. I have the Ames and the Munk One from that show which were better posters to me. The Pitt 13 however I do understand. I'm looking at it on my wall right now. It's pretty sweet.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    i guess it just all depends then cause i can't figure it out

• Options
    Holy crap the Moline poster prices are crazy. The day after that show you could get those for like 50 bucks lol. That was when I started following the bands posters more in depth. Should have bought one then!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Holy crap the Moline poster prices are crazy. The day after that show you could get those for like 50 bucks lol. That was when I started following the bands posters more in depth. Should have bought one then!
    Best advice is to stop now before you get involved!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    The Wrigley 13 Cracker Jack is definitely up there
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options

I have a very strict policy that I only buy posters from shows I attend. It would get out of hand fast if not. Including the Chicago 2018 5 Poster Set I have 17 posters from shows I have been to (Only 3 PJ shows sadly), all in frames hung up in my 1 bedroom apartment!
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708

I have a very strict policy that I only buy posters from shows I attend. It would get out of hand fast if not. Including the Chicago 2018 5 Poster Set I have 17 posters from shows I have been to (Only 3 PJ shows sadly), all in frames hung up in my 1 bedroom apartment!
    17? I have 9 hanging in my 1 bedroom apartment. Makes me think I have a lot more room on my walls than I realized!
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Not Pearl Jam, but Eddie Vedder Klausen from Chicago 2008, that Ed signed.
    The first that comes to mind for most sought after.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    FrankSFrankS Posts: 273
    Went to Moline...need that poster....only way that's happening is with a Go Fund Me. 
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]