Options

Would you like to see Pearl Jam make the Hometown Shows an annual event?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    No: Screw Seattle!
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    Interested in any cause-based shows, whether they are in Seattle or not. I know Vitalogy Foundation gets proceeds from all show ticket sales, but the idea of having a cause's focus is intriguing. A stadium show with smaller venue solo/side project events would be a killer combo.
    Yeah, it's nice, but such things are very difficult to sustain. I think they're actually better off in the long run sticking with the Vitalogy Foundation proceeds from regular tickets. People and businesses can catch the charity bug, but if you overplay it, things will fall apart, people will lose interest.
    If you aren't in Seattle, you have no clue the extent of the homeless crisis here, the negative impact on these massive corporations is huge, it makes it much harder to keep prized employees & get people to move here, plus it's a embarrassment for people living here & many amongst those people are people with lots & lots of money
    I am fully aware of the extent of the problem. That doesn't make charity burnout irrelevant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited August 2018
    Yes: Play every year!
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    Interested in any cause-based shows, whether they are in Seattle or not. I know Vitalogy Foundation gets proceeds from all show ticket sales, but the idea of having a cause's focus is intriguing. A stadium show with smaller venue solo/side project events would be a killer combo.
    Yeah, it's nice, but such things are very difficult to sustain. I think they're actually better off in the long run sticking with the Vitalogy Foundation proceeds from regular tickets. People and businesses can catch the charity bug, but if you overplay it, things will fall apart, people will lose interest.
    If you aren't in Seattle, you have no clue the extent of the homeless crisis here, the negative impact on these massive corporations is huge, it makes it much harder to keep prized employees & get people to move here, plus it's a embarrassment for people living here & many amongst those people are people with lots & lots of money
    I am fully aware of the extent of the problem. That doesn't make charity burnout irrelevant.
    With Pearl Jam who actually has enough pull & sway in this community, things can get done, if they are not involved going forward, they may as well just burn that 11 million dollars, cause it will get wasted in red tape & other bullshit, I have seen it happen ever since I moved here.
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    Homelessness isn't just a Seattle problem so we are aware of how it touches where we live, economics and all that.  

PJ Soul,  Agreed.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Yes. Any year with a PJ show is a good year.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Safeco was awesome. Not sure if the Home Shows should be a regular event or not, but Safeco was awesome.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Hell yes!
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    It's bad in Portland and San Francisco too. My family lives in Seattle, so I've seen first hand what you're talking about. In Portland, you see people sleeping on the sidewalk outside plush 5-star hotels - makes me sick. Though Seattle is bad like you say, living in SF - I think we have it worse. Human feces everywhere, the new mayor London Breed even has a poop-patrol to keep human waste off the famed "Streets of San Francisco". Hope PJ spreads the love to other cities like SF and Portland that need the help too!
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 224
    If Pearl Jam played there every year, I'd be there every year!  I loved Safeco...i thought the sound was great and the crowd was awesome.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    tschav said:
    It's bad in Portland and San Francisco too. My family lives in Seattle, so I've seen first hand what you're talking about. In Portland, you see people sleeping on the sidewalk outside plush 5-star hotels - makes me sick. Though Seattle is bad like you say, living in SF - I think we have it worse. Human feces everywhere, the new mayor London Breed even has a poop-patrol to keep human waste off the famed "Streets of San Francisco". Hope PJ spreads the love to other cities like SF and Portland that need the help too!
    That would be awesome 
  • Options
    Vikkivale said:
    If Pearl Jam played there every year, I'd be there every year!  I loved Safeco...i thought the sound was great and the crowd was awesome.  
    +100000
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    I would definitely return for the Home Shows!  I really enjoyed Seattle and overall Safeco was good for a stadium concert. The sound quality exceed my expectations and being in open air was great!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Kind Of: Every 2 or 3 years is fine
    I think they should do it every other year. They should play Seattle more often than they do, and it would be a great way to raise money regularly.

They should do regular ‘Away’ shows as well...

in Australia!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited August 2018
    How about a Midwest City that is not Chicago

There is a six year old thread about Minnesota that has 11,000 responses and has consistently stayed on page one of the board...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Kind Of: Every 2 or 3 years is fine
    JB56195 said:
    I could do without stadium shows.  Acoustics kind of suck
    the acoustics were freaking awesome at Safeco, that was my first stadium show, so I was thinking the same thing, but I was completely blown away
    But where were your seats?  I think location mattered for how the acoustics were big time!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    JB56195 said:
    the acoustics were freaking awesome at Safeco, that was my first stadium show, so I was thinking the same thing, but I was completely blown away
    But where were your seats?  I think location mattered for how the acoustics were big time!
    Lower Reserve 20 to 25 rows up, one night on Mike's side the other on Stone's, up so about 300 feet or 100M from the stage, I have been to 16 shows since 1993, and have been much closer on many ocassions, and it was the most powerful sound of any show I have attended & it was really clear too, so I was super stoked
  • Options
    The 15% who say screw Seattle, that is about the same % of people who live here who want to move

• Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    If they did, I would try for tickets every year.  Love visiting the city.  Every year may be a bit much, but if they made it into a yearly benefit concert, similar to Bridge School that would be awesome.  
  • Options
    JB56195 said:
    Agree!!!! Sound was not that great at Wrigley N2 at least IMO...
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    JB56195 said:
    That's weird, cause Safeco sounded awesome, although it has a much better design for acoustics than Wrigley
  • Options
    JB56195 said:
    That's weird, cause Safeco sounded awesome, although it has a much better design for acoustics than Wrigley
    It totally depends on where you are in any ballpark. The sound is always not very good at such venues for some people - just count yourself lucky that you weren't one of them this time around.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    I used to care ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    It totally depends on where you are in any ballpark. The sound is always not very good at such venues for some people - just count yourself lucky that you weren't one of them this time around.
    it's been pretty unanimous from everyone who attended Safeco that the sound was awesome, definitely not the norm for a Stadium, but Safeco has great acoustics & Seattle rarely has any wind, just mild breezes 5 mph or less, so it's definitely not the norm
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    it's been pretty unanimous from everyone who attended Safeco that the sound was awesome, definitely not the norm for a Stadium, but Safeco has great acoustics & Seattle rarely has any wind, just mild breezes 5 mph or less, so it's definitely not the norm
    I've seen people say otherwise about it, but for a ballpark, it sounds like it's good. Eddie didn't like the trains rumbling by though, lol.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Acoustics are actually better at these ballparks than some arenas IMO.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJWGIII said:
    Acoustics are actually better at these ballparks than some arenas IMO.
    If you're in the right spot.
    But yeah, there are some arenas that blow for sound too, that's for sure. Hopefully PJ knows which ones by now though, and won't book them.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    I've seen people say otherwise about it, but for a ballpark, it sounds like it's good. Eddie didn't like the trains rumbling by though, lol.
    they stopped them just before the show started, I am pretty sure that's why we got 20:30 local start times instead of 19:30 or 20:00
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    they stopped them just before the show started, I am pretty sure that's why we got 20:30 local start times instead of 19:30 or 20:00
    What do you mean? I've seen video from the first show where Eddie can hear them going by and he comments on it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    What do you mean? I've seen video from the first show where Eddie can hear them going by and he comments on it.
    was that night 2?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    was that night 2?
    I can't remember if it was 1 or 2.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JB56195 said:
    was that night 2?
    I can't remember if it was 1 or 2.
    had to be night 2, on night 1 there was a loud ass train like 5 minutes prior to show starting, then no more the rest of the night, but I was on Stone's side and could hear it very clearly, on night 2 I was on Mike's side, much further away from it & never heard it, I hope it wasn't during Oceans when I am listening to the bootleg of the show
This discussion has been closed.