1996 No Code Tour

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
As I was getting ready to go to the store, I decided to put on my bootleg shirt from that tour, I saw them at the North Charleston show, I really like all the shows from that tour (unofficial bootlegs of course). I know it wasn't a very long tour, but anyone else see any shows from that tour? 

Comments

• Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Hartford on that tour was my first show. Miss the old school 10C stubs.

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Randalls Island (both) & Hartford, all wrre epic for various reasons. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Randall’s Island... night 2 in the house. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Night 2 in the house!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Randalls Night 1 and 2
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • CooterCooter Posts: 153
    Toledo. Second show for me, first ten club show. Truly amazing.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    pjl44 said:

This was my first PJ show too.  Had to get the bumper sticker-looking ticket from some agency in Pennsylvania I think.  Had lawn seats and I don't think the TVs were on.  I believe the guard rail got shoved down afterwards.  Driving back from the show, I remember a car on fire on the highway.
  • CH81124CH81124 Posts: 56
    Seattle.   Moved there in April of '96 for work and got to see my first PJ concert over at Key Arena.  Moved to SoCal in '97 and just returned to the city for the first time in 21 years to catch the two Home Shows. Amazing experience.

Anyway, the live PJ bug is the gift that keeps on giving.

Seattle '96, Tampa '00, Jones Beach I '00, Jones Beach II '00, Toronto '00, Penn State '03, MSG I '03, MSG II '03, Holmdel '03, Philadelphia '05, Chicago I '06, ERU I '06, ERU II '06, MSG I '08, MSG II '08, Philadelphia III '09, Newark '10, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Brooklyn '13, Hartford '13, Ft. Lauderdale '16, Miami '16, MSG I '16, MSG II '16, Seattle I '18, Seattle II '18, Fenway I '18
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Charlotte :)

pjl44 said:

This was my first PJ show too.  Had to get the bumper sticker-looking ticket from some agency in Pennsylvania I think.  Had lawn seats and I don't think the TVs were on.  I believe the guard rail got shoved down afterwards.  Driving back from the show, I remember a car on fire on the highway.
    Was that 96 or 98? Or both??

Yours is better, a little jealous, lol
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 514
    Toledo,Ohio  They asked fans for venue suggestions that weren't tied to Ticketmaster contracts.  I thought of Raceway Park and wrote them back. Whatever it takes for a hometown show.
    Things were different then
    Evel K said:
    Toledo,Ohio  They asked fans for venue suggestions that weren't tied to Ticketmaster contracts.  I thought of Raceway Park and wrote them back. Whatever it takes for a hometown show.
    Is the Rubber Bowl a Ticketmaster venue?
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Toronto, and Randall's Island night 1 and 2.  In retrospect, I wish I quit my job, maxed out my credit card and hit 9.24, 9.26, 10.1 and 10.2 as well. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    Toronto, and Randall's Island night 1 and 2.  In retrospect, I wish I quit my job, maxed out my credit card and hit 9.24, 9.26, 10.1 and 10.2 as well. 
     =) 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I consider the band’s tours to be one of two options.  2000 and later and the 90’s. All 90’s shows are in a different realm for a reason.  I was at Randall’s island, and no matter what they do nowadays, it won’t be topped.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    I'd also throw in there, that I wish I had the mindset to get up and go in 1996 as well.  The Europe shows were killer.  Some of the audience tapes from that tour, 11.4 and 11.21 in particular are just really really awesome.

I never found the ticket process for those shows frustrating at all.  That being said I did everything via the 10Club, but it was great.  Randalls Island was essentially all GA, and I still had a great time because we just stood on Mikes side both nights, between the sound board and the insane mosh pit of total chaos.  I had GA floors in Toronto as well, but the scene was far less insane in terms of a pit forming. 

The tours I have enjoyed the most from a 10C ticketing perspective were 1996, 2003 and 2005. 1998 was a bitch, and 2000 I did well but it was some work on eBay.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

Is the Rubber Bowl a Ticketmaster venue?
    I think the Glass Bowl and Savage Hall had agreements with  TM as a provider but not exclusive. Both on the University campus.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Yours is better, a little jealous, lol
    Well I don't think I've ever actually worn it. All they had left at the stand that day was a Men's 2XL and I'm a female. A men's medium is nice and roomy on me...love it either way The front of this shirt cracks me up.

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

You know, I thought it was 96 but may have been 98.  Which means it would've been my 20 year anniversary since my first PJ show.  LOL.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

You know, I thought it was 96 but may have been 98.  Which means it would've been my 20 year anniversary since my first PJ show.  LOL.
    Ha! I think that was a regular occurrence at the Meadows. Definitely happened at a Rage/Wu-Tang show. There was also some melee after a DMB show my sister went to. Shit went down there in the late 90s.
  • Seattle 96 was my first show. Craziest mosh pit I've ever seen. It was insane. Good times but nowhere close to the best show I've seen. 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
    Evel K said:
    I think the Glass Bowl and Savage Hall had agreements with  TM as a provider but not exclusive. Both on the University campus.
    Glass Bowl, duh I'm a idiot, I knew the Toledo Rockets play there
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    Cool shirt Hank!  I was at the August Maine show.  I remember there was a lunar eclipse happening that night outside the venue while they were playing Black.  :)
    Vikkivale said:
    Cool shirt Hank!  I was at the August Maine show.  I remember there was a lunar eclipse happening that night outside the venue while they were playing Black.  :)
    That's awesome, how you doing? Still feeling the buzz from Safeco night 2? What a great show that was
  • CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    Randall's Island #2 wish I had that poster!!
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    Augusta, Maine was the 2nd time that I saw them after the Boston Garden in '94. Had just gotten my license a few months earlier, so I'm still not sure how our folks let 4 16 year old kids drive up to Maine in the middle of the week and stay in a hotel. Was an amazing show, with Dennis Rodman somehow finding his way up on stage. Show ended with a great, solo version of Patriot.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Savage Hall boyo