CHICAGO 1

madseamadsea Posts: 140
that was fun.

decent set list...sort of ebbed and flowed more than a usual show. Didn’t feel as cohesive as most shows. 

Cant wait for Monday.

Comments

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Whoever found my pack of Marlboro Lights with the huge joint inside, congrats.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Hi! said:
    Dammit, I knew I should have took a road trip to Chi. Free cigs and more...

Oh wait, I quit smoking. NM ;-)
  • dmelliotdmelliot Posts: 29
    Yep...too much talking. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Decent set list?
    somebody wasn’t there
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • gotsome10gotsome10 Posts: 139
    Incredible set list more like it , until the last encore. Then they mailed it the fuck in and went home with no remorse. I’m pretty pissed about it. Let’s cut leash, indifference, and all along the watch tower to play RITFW and YLB like every other show we play. If I hear the start to either song to Monday while I’m in the pit I’m walking out. Don’t care if I’m rail or not. End of rant

"I know I was born, and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am MINE"
    "I wonder 'bout his insides, it's like his thoughts are too big for his size..."
    2013- Wrigley, Pittsburgh-(GA)
    2014- St. Louis, Memphis-(GA)
    2016- Tampa, Wrigley 1 & 2-(GA)
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 579
    edited August 2018
    What??  [personal attack deleted] GREAT fucking show.      
    Post edited by Sea on
  • How many people got kicked out? Holy fuck it was like a warzone on the concourse. Stay classy chicago! 
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Incredible night 1......bar high for night 2
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    gotsome10 said:
    Incredible set list more like it , until the last encore. Then they mailed it the fuck in and went home with no remorse. I’m pretty pissed about it. Let’s cut leash, indifference, and all along the watch tower to play RITFW and YLB like every other show we play. If I hear the start to either song to Monday while I’m in the pit I’m walking out. Don’t care if I’m rail or not. End of rant

That is exactly what I expect from the 2nd encore, we already get way more variety in our setlists than other bands give.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • It almost seemed like they werent even going to do Ledbetter at the end. After Rockin, Jeff had his bass up and Matt was coming off the drums. Mike ran over to Eddie and Jeff, they had a 5 second meeting, then he started playing the intro.

• JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    That setlist was incredible IMO.

Garden, Breath, Getaway, Leaving Here, Alone, Wash, Present Tense, Breakerfall all in one set. Fantastic version of Rebel Rebel. Cornell cover. Usual gems like Porch, RVM. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Kidding me?!

Wash
    Breakerfall
    Garden
    Alone
    Getaway
    Missing
    Breath
    Know Your Rights
    Rebel Rebel

Yeah, the end was abrupt. They need to start earlier if people would stop pounding beers and get inside in time, but I can't complain about that amazing setlist. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I didn’t mind this set list at all. Can’t wait for night 2!
    Miwaukee Summerfest 7-9-95
    Minneapolis Target Center 6-30-98
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 6-26-2006
    Chicago United Center 8-23-09
    Chicago United Center 8-24-09
    Kansas City Sprint Center 5-3-2010
    EV Solo St Louis 7-1-2011
    Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-2013
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 10-19-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-18-2018
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-20-2018
    Nashville TN 9-16-2022 Bridgestone Arena 
    St Louis MO 9-18-2022 Enterprise Center

He who forgets will be destined to remember

http://twitter.com/eddiefnvedder
  • tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    show was, what, 3 hours?  amazing set list in my book.  loved State of Love and Breathe back to back. alone, wash, footsteps made me feel 21 again. 

no Jeremy or Black was a first for me.  

looking forward to Monday!!! 
  • scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    Anyone notice they had Evil Goat on the stylist but crossed off? That would have been AMAZING!!!

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• Loved the set list. Would have liked to hear Jeremy or Black ..now..ro find out about the setlist tshirts.....:)
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Anyone notice they had Evil Goat on the stylist but crossed off? That would have been AMAZING!!!
    Monday
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • During RITFW, some guy jumped over the fence into the infield, ran from 3rd base and stole home then tried to jump over the gate again and fell. 
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    During RITFW, some guy jumped over the fence into the infield, ran from 3rd base and stole home then tried to jump over the gate again and fell. 
    He was tackled by at least 3 security guards when he tried to jump over the gate.  Looked pretty bad.
  • KristiewithakKristiewithak Posts: 86
    edited August 2018
    PJ-Cubs said:
    During RITFW, some guy jumped over the fence into the infield, ran from 3rd base and stole home then tried to jump over the gate again and fell. 
    He was tackled by at least 3 security guards when he tried to jump over the gate.  Looked pretty bad.
    Ya that was insane...he gave it a hell of a go at the slide tho..but in shorts that had to hurt..lol
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    They played The Fucking Clash for christ sake.

I'm like a tab
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    dmelliot said:
    Yep...too much talking. 
    These guys are 55 years old... talking gives them a moment to catch their breath... give them a break.  
    I'm like a tab
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Set was amazing. If they played what was crossed off it would have been unreal. Wish they kept to the original, but cant complain.
    I thought that Evanston Pussy poster was hilarious, and thought he might actually play BRY.
  • cwoycheesecwoycheese Springfield, Missouri Posts: 26
    Hi! said:
    lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I wish they'd just stop printing those setlists altogether, and then nobody would ever know what got scratched or added, and people could stop whining about it.

The pussy sign guy, lol.... I wonder how he feels about how that went down. I'm imagining that he thought or hoped Eddie would find it amusing, and is now devastated over how badly it backfired. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im fine with the changes.  
  • cwoycheesecwoycheese Springfield, Missouri Posts: 26
    dmelliot said:
    Yep...too much talking. 
    These guys are 55 years old... talking gives them a moment to catch their breath... give them a break.  
    No shit.  I am amazed Vedder still has a voice at his age.  
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I wish they'd just stop printing those setlists altogether, and then nobody would ever know what got scratched or added, and people could stop whining about it.

The pussy sign guy, lol.... I wonder how he feels about how that went down. I'm imagining that he thought or hoped Eddie would find it amusing, and is now devastated over how badly it backfired. :lol:
    He didn’t get the song but Eddie’s banter was playful. He was amused by it. He was just giving it back to him. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

He didn’t get the song but Eddie’s banter was playful. He was amused by it. He was just giving it back to him. 

Oh, okay, that's good. I saw someone say that he was ejected for the sign, so I thought it wasn't playful! The person who said that must have been joking without an emoji, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Haha, no. I’d love to see Ed eject someone over a sign. The irony of that.
    It was definitely playful, which made the whole thing pretty funny I thought. I thought they might throw the song in. Especially after Rodman showed up on stage.