Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
standing patiently as the barista
counts his daily charge. We meander down
the two steps to victory, and hustle
politely to order coffee, a noun
that starts with A+! The fawning benches
of wood welcome Friday morning drop-down
Thursday evening regrets. The expert hands
at the grinder unload coffeehouse crowns.

Poetry blasts when pencil meets paper
or when laugh-out-loud phrases of ounces
are etched into a pencil's side. The sure
way to pull words down is to listen as 
Aretha sings, "Say a Little Prayer,"
as we wait near windows for the dawn's drinks.

*The Mincing Mockingbird stationary line includes pencils with funny phrases etched into them including the title.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Ms. Haiku said:
    standing patiently as the barista
    counts his daily charge. We meander down
    the two steps to victory, and hustle
    politely to order coffee, a noun
    that starts with A+! The fawning benches
    of wood welcome Friday morning drop-down
    Thursday evening regrets. The expert hands
    at the grinder unload coffeehouse crowns.

Poetry blasts when pencil meets paper
    or when laugh-out-loud phrases of ounces
    are etched into a pencil's side. The sure
    way to pull words down is to listen as 
    Aretha sings, "Say a Little Prayer,"
    as we wait near windows for the dawn's drinks.

*The Mincing Mockingbird stationary line includes pencils with funny phrases etched into them including the title.
    I'm not too rehearsed on what this is but 10 syllables for each line is impressive, yes I counted them...

Is 3oz the weight of the pencil or the coffee?
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Probably a bird. The Mincing Mockingbird's stationary line includes a lot of smart alecky birds. The phrase was printed on the side of a pencil.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    This is part of a project when I write a poem in an hour before work. The metro is being fixed in some places, and I would rather be early than late so I arrive an hour early to work, and that is when I write the sonnets. The metro will be fixed after Labor Day. I admit on second look that I didn't put enough attention to how the title didn't work with the rest of the poem. I'm sorry about the confusion.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Ms. Haiku said:
    This is part of a project when I write a poem in an hour before work. The metro is being fixed in some places, and I would rather be early than late so I arrive an hour early to work, and that is when I write the sonnets. The metro will be fixed after Labor Day. I admit on second look that I didn't put enough attention to how the title didn't work with the rest of the poem. I'm sorry about the confusion.
    This is what is fun about art!  You get to wonder about it and wander off about it in your own ways.

Thanks for sharing and letting me participate.