Options

Posters for sale

2»

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Horse2345 said:
    Whomever bought the London should be stand up and throw some extra. Poor guy/girl needs money and doesnt really know what he had. 
    I offered him more for 2 reasons. I think it is worth more, and secondly if he really needed the money, a little more money may be of great use. Hate to see people taken advantage of during a dire situation. He asked what he asked and got it. If $450 was enough for him to pay for whatever reason it was needed for, then good for him.
    I asked him and he said he didnt know what it was worth and just needed the money fast. I told him he he could have sold it just as fast for $6-700 but because he's a standup guy he didnt go back on the original $450. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2018
    If you purchased the Mumford London (or something else) from this seller, please PM me. I purchased another poster on 7/23 and despite numerous PMs/emails, they’ve gone radio silent ever since PayPal was sent. I wonder if I’m not the only one....
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    If you purchased the Mumford London (or something else) from this seller, please PM me. I purchased another poster on 7/23 and despite numerous PMs/emails, they’ve gone radio silent ever since PayPal was sent. I wonder if I’m not the only one....
    Geez- that stinks. Hope OP is ok and of course also not screwing anyone over. Says they haven’t been active since the 24th on here. Keep us posted! 
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    Is 450 cheap for the mumford london then?
    Whats the going rate for one?
    The one on eBay is struggling to sell for $800 so the going rate is less than that. $450 sounds about the market imho. 
  • Options
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.... Filing a paypal claim if I dont hear back from the seller @Marcelkoel666
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.... Filing a paypal claim if I dont hear back from the seller @Marcelkoel666
    Never even came back to the forum. I tracked down a guy via Facebook that screwed me last year on a record- found where he worked and called there and called him out. Maybe worth a shot since you have his email?
  • Options
    The email seems to be to someone who does not have his name. Luckily I paid via G&S using a credit card. Something never seemed right about this seller. I thought it might be a language barrier at first, but now I see the big picture.
  • Options
    he's been on here a long time to warrant scamming.  perhaps his personal situation is the reason he's not been online.  Reading his old posts,  he's Dutch,  right?
  • Options
    js261067 said:
    he's been on here a long time to warrant scamming.  perhaps his personal situation is the reason he's not been online.  Reading his old posts,  he's Dutch,  right?
    He was dutch.

I gave him a month and he didnt once respond to numerous emails or PMs. I went ahead and filed a Paypal dispute and immediately escalated it. Within 12 hours the seller refunded me.

I am not one to judge someones situation, but a simple reply would've been easy enough regardless of said situation. I am happy to be out of this purchase and hope the seller is alright.
  • Options
    Sounds like he either sold it for more elsewhere or your ‘bridging loan’ go him out of trouble. 
  • Options
    I have been chatting with another person he did this too. Same exact story.

We actually negotiated on price, which in hindsight has me perplexed. Why negotiate if you're not actually going to send the poster anyways? Oh well, glad I got my moneyt back.