Poster (TDS)

Comments

• andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    The OP is far too long to read...can you give us the 140 character version that your president would use?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    OP- This poster is what sent things too far?  But Donny’s racist and misogynistic behavior you support?  Just seems a bit hypocritical. It blows my mind any PJ fan is surprised by this poster. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Well written and thought out.  Sorry to see you go.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    edited August 2018
    Noload said:

I find it funny that I had to confirm that that was not an actual tweet.  haha
    Post edited by Kat on
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    The OP didn't demand that the band or poster artists change their ideas or designs to make her happy.  She just said that she was walking away, that she was removing herself instead of forcing others to conform to what she wanted.  I don't see any problem with handling things that you disagree with in this way.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Vedda11 said:

This is relatively hard for me because Pearl Jam means so much to me.  But enough is enough.  It is time for me to #walkaway.  Monday’s poster that depicts a dead president Trump in front of the white house being picked apart by a bald eagle is too much for me.  I have been adamant fan since ‘discovering’ pearl jam for myself around 2008 (I literally have the entire catalog) and fell in love with all of it.  And I will always appreciate the band’s music and all of the tough times in my life their great music has gotten me through.  But I will not stand by or support this band’s hatred for the President of the United States of America.  He won the election people. Get over it.  Now, I am not on social media in any form, and I hardly ever post here.  But no one can silence me (and I am not a Russian bot).  I am a 2 time Obama voter.  I had hope for change, and now my hope HAS changed.  Being born into a fatherless home, I realize all too personally how the democrat policies of this nation (that were intended to be a safety net) actually encourage fatherless homes.  I used to identify Democrat because that is what I was told as a minority I should be, and at first I thought I held the same values—inclusivity, rejection of racism of any kind, value of life etc.  Now these are the very same reason I have left the Democrat party behind. No more clueless identity politics for me.  It was, and is the identity politics that are killing the party.  No one is perfect and I realize that any party will have its issues.  Like the alt right and alt left are just looney.  But as a woman, I have no idea (besides they hate trump;) what the pink pussy hat wearing women were representing in the “Women’s March”.  They sure as hell don’t represent me.  I want everyone in America to be lifted up, and that is why I believe in what President Trump is doing for all of us.  The opposition to this man has been so fierce, and the media has been propagandized.  The selective reporting of Trump’s tweets is one issue, but to actively not report important issues just because they don’t fit the “I hate trump narrative” is inexcusable.  Please look up #walkaway by Brandon Straka. Basically this describes it all.  I am against hate, and that is why I left the left.  Antifa attacks my girl Candace Owens in Philly and media is *silent*.  Something tells me if her political party was switched this would be big news.  Not only that, it appears totally acceptable to label any Conservative as *racist* while NYT hires Sarah Jeong. I would also like to provide examples of how conservatives are unfairly depicted or just straight up discriminated against for being black and conservative (Antonia Okafor & CJ Pearson come to mind). Hate Trump all you want, he will win 2020.  Yes, 4 more years of snowflakes crying for safe (no other opinions allowed) places.  This is America, we are a melting pot and I am sick of the divisions the liberals are making in the name of progress.  The Republicans are not perfect and by God President Trump is not perfect.  But I cannot get down with the level of TDS displayed here by my favorite band.  I am done.  Goodbye Pearl Jam forum, and fellow lovers of Pearl Jam.  Here are my bootleg download codes that I have not used—they go first come first serve and I hope you enjoy this gift from a female conservative:  2015---LRMUVCGW, 2016 MGCFALRU, 2017 RWYKPFAT, 2018 KCHYSPFE.  Member 465428 has left the building, Missoula POSTER ART is disgusting and that did it for me.   BYE

Good thing you weren’t a fan in 2003...see ya
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Image result for CRICKET CHIRPING GIF

I'm just pissed my 10c number was better than hers.  
    This

Good Bye posts are sometimes the most entertaining
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    When Bush was president, PJ artists put him on a bunch of PJ posters. Fake news.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

This

Did you notice that they always seem to come back during ticket sales and tour time?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Spoken said:
    When Bush was president, PJ artists put him on a bunch of PJ posters. Fake news.
    Don’t think there was a dead Bush one though. Maybe I’m wrong but don’t recall.  If so then you’re totally correct
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    edited August 2018
    At the end of the day I’ll never understand attacking op regardless of my political belief. That’s the exact thing everyone supposedly hates about trump. The bullying. All I see is a person who poured their heart out and then a bunch of bullying after. There’s a nice way to say you disagree. But it’s nit happening here. People could blame trump for this divide all they want but two wrongs don’t make s right. And just fir the record. Fuck The extreme left and the extreme right. I’m nit a supporter of either. I’m a supporter of doing the right thing. I know I’ll get attacked for this. Just sticking up for a fellow human. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    nicknyr15 said:
    At the end of the day I’ll never understand attacking op regardless of my political belief. That’s the exact thing everyone supposedly hates about trump. The bullying. All I see is a person who poured their heart out and then a bunch of bullying after. There’s a nice way to say you disagree. But it’s nit happening here. People could blame trump for this divide all they want but two wrongs don’t make s right. And just fir the record. Fuck The extreme left and the extreme right. I’m nit a supporter of either. I’m a supporter of doing the right thing. I know I’ll get attacked for this. Just sticking up for a fellow human. 
    I think it was the hypocrisy of the post. Seemed a bit, um, preposterous.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited August 2018
    Don’t think there was a dead Bush one though. Maybe I’m wrong but don’t recall.  If so then you’re totally correct
    1 poster had Bush as the 4 movie monsters, 2 as Bush as a Gorilla, 1 as Alfred E Neuman, 1 with blood on his hands.
    With all the horrible things going on in the world, a Pearl Jam poster gets the headline.
    Not that Pearl Jam raised $11 Million for the homeless.
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Lol
  • tldr
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think it was the hypocrisy of the post. Seemed a bit, um, preposterous.
    Ahhh whatever. All I know is the back and forth bitterness will never help a damn thing. And it’s just sad to read these threads. It’s dissappointing to see that’s all. 
  • Adios brah
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    deadendp said:

This

Did you notice that they always seem to come back during ticket sales and tour time?
    That old penny keeps showing back up!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited August 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    Any fan forum, whether its a band or a sports team sees threads like this.  The "Im taking my ball and going home" thread.  They are always met with similar derision.  

Then add in the fact that Trump is a flashpoint and she managed to regurgitate every single Rush Limbaugh talking point, (also threw out the "snowflake/safe space" insult as well as blasting "libs)... rolled the grenade into the room and vanished.  

Would anyone expect any other response?
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Haha..... Well done/quoted
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    It always seems to be on the group that gets insulted to "Let it go".   

Person 1 says the insult. 
    Person 2 insults back. 
    Person 3, usually somehow affiliated with Person 1, says that Person 2 needs to grow up. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    MayDay10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Any fan forum, whether its a band or a sports team sees threads like this.  The "Im taking my ball and going home" thread.  They are always met with similar derision.  

Then add in the fact that Trump is a flashpoint and she managed to regurgitate every single Rush Limbaugh talking point, (also threw out the "snowflake/safe space" insult as well as blasting "libs)... rolled the grenade into the room and vanished.  

Would anyone expect any other response?
    I hear you. I guess I’m just tired of seeing  the fighting going on in every thread. 
    Spoken said:
    1 poster had Bush as the 4 movie monsters, 2 as Bush as a Gorilla, 1 as Alfred E Neuman, 1 with blood on his hands.
    With all the horrible things going on in the world, a Pearl Jam poster gets the headline.
    Not that Pearl Jam raised $11 Million for the homeless.
    So none had him dead? Right on.  Hey I like the poster and want one,  don’t take your anger at whatever out on me, just saying they’re not the same thing.
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    Glad she was able to elucidate her opinion, because that's what America is all about. And definitely appreciate her generosity on the way out the door. But I don't think for a second she actually thinks deeply enough about anything she referenced to realize the irony in her argument. I, for one, thought the poster was brilliant. And like all great art, it's going to offend someone. So clearly it worked. Cheers, Jeff. Keep em coming!
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    If any fans that are offended by the Missoula Poster have a Lost Dogs Vinyl, preferably near mint, I will gladly buy it from you before you do something rash.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

So none had him dead? Right on.  Hey I like the poster and want one,  don’t take your anger at whatever out on me, just saying they’re not the same thing.
    Hiya, oops didn't mean to sound a certain way, sorry. I can't believe, it seems like every headline today, is about this poster.
    I think it's a cool poster too :)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Wait!  Did we all get download codes if we're members?  I've been here a few years and occasionally see download codes mentioned but I never seem to locate them in my account.  Am I just a moron?
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Wait!  Did we all get download codes if we're members?  I've been here a few years and occasionally see download codes mentioned but I never seem to locate them in my account.  Am I just a moron?
    If you are a paid fanclub member yes.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Wait!  Did we all get download codes if we're members?  I've been here a few years and occasionally see download codes mentioned but I never seem to locate them in my account.  Am I just a moron?
    You can get them here: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/my-account/membership
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com