Jack White Covered Daughter last night

silvasilva Posts: 44
So, stayed on a few days extra in Seattle after the Safeco shows and managed to get tickets to see Jack White at the WaMu last night. I was wondering if he would mention PJ after the cover on Seattle night 1 and whilst he didn’t mention them, he did do a cover of Daughter, full song.

I’m sure there would be video floating around of it, but he was operating that scheme where by you put your phone in a pouch that is then secured shut, so no one could use their phone at the show. I have to say how nice it was to just be able to watch and listen without a couple of thousand tiny screens between me and the performer. Feels like the way forward....
Wembley London - 10/29/96
Reading Festival - 08/27/06
Wembley London - 06/18/07
Milton Keynes - 07/11/14

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Very cool. 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited August 2018
    Can't find a vid anywhere yet. Here's hoping someone can because this sounds amazing.
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPelbCJD0o

Cool! Hope he plays it here in Halifax this November. :) 
  • silvasilva Posts: 44
    Here’s the thing, it was very cool, big singalong and a nice gesture.... but it was a little ragged in places, nothing major, but I think you could tell they had never really played it before. Maybe not having any risk of a video popping up online meant he had the freedom to give it a try and not have it be out there for ever on the internet.
    Milton Keynes - 07/11/14
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    silva said:
    Here’s the thing, it was very cool, big singalong and a nice gesture.... but it was a little ragged in places, nothing major, but I think you could tell they had never really played it before. Maybe not having any risk of a video popping up online meant he had the freedom to give it a try and not have it be out there for ever on the internet.
    Based on the above, I guess that idea failed....
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • silvasilva Posts: 44
    Ha! There’s always one! It’s like old school bootlegging!

Milton Keynes - 07/11/14
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Boom's like, "I got this!"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    PJWGIII said:
    silva said:
    Based on the above, I guess that idea failed....
    There's always a way to capture something sweet!
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I was at the show last night and it was amazing. Hearing him cover "Daughter" was a great surprise!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016