Global Citizen Rewards Pearl Jam 2018 VIP Packages

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited April 2018 in The Porch
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/?query=pearljam

Package Includes: - 2 Tickets - Special access to hospitality areas - Swag bag (merchandise + poster)

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So Pearl Jam is playing there? Had missed that
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington
    Aug. 8, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-37/

Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington
    Aug. 10, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-38/

Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, Montana
    Aug. 13, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-39/

Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
    Aug. 18, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-41/

Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
    Aug. 20, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-42/

Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
    Sept. 2, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-43/

Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
    Sept. 4, 2018
    https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/rewards/pearl-jam-44/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So....what you are saying is that there are 'hospitality areas' for all of these venues.  Mmmmmm.  :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bump! :) 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Curious where the tickets are and what the hospitality area entails, because I'd hate to take someone's spot if I got GA tickets to one of the shows I'm looking at participating in.
    edited June 2018
    1. Global Citizen Rewards: 22 days left to enter
      4:00 pm Jul. 5, 2018|Glockenturmstraße 1, Berlin

5 points to enter. Enter now

2. Global Citizen Rewards: 6 days left to enter
      4:00 pm Jun. 19, 2018|London

3. Global Citizen Rewards: 5 days left to enter
      4:00 pm Jun. 18, 2018|London

• AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    The first Global Citizens Fedtival in Central Park NYC was a pretty big disappointment from a PJ and VIP package perspective fwiw. VIP was the front 1/3 of the lawn and it was behind a super VIP area and then all the earlier stuff ran long so PJs set was short. It was a good time overall, but it wasn’t a good PJ show. Hopefully the Europe ones will be better it’s a good cause. 
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2018
    I just won vip tickets for wrigley night 2!  What the heck did I win? What are vip tickets?  What the heck is a hospitality area?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bizbiz Posts: 46
    Congrats!!! Have a great time!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just won vip tickets for wrigley night 2!  What the heck did I win? What are vip tickets?  What the heck is a hospitality area?

Well shit... disregard that private message I sent you. You're on your own, hotshot! :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:

Well shit... disregard that private message I sent you. You're on your own, hotshot! :lol:
    I have no clue what I won lol. Seats? Ga?
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    edited August 2018
    I won the Montana tickets. First row of the seats, section closest to stage. VIP passes had access to almost everywhere except the dressing room and stage. I was able to meet Mike and Boom backstage and hang with the bands friends and families before and after the show. Basically unlimited refreshments (including beer and wine) in the hospitality tent. They also gave me a bunch of swag including a show poster. Unbelievable experience, you’ll love it.
    Post edited by fall by the wayside on
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    mcgruff10 said:

Congrats! :) 
    I won the Montana tickets. First row of the seats, section closest to stage. VIP passes had access to almost everywhere except the dressing room and stage. I was able to meet Mike and Boom backstage and hang with the bands friends and families before and after the show. Basically unlimited refreshments (including beer and wine) in the hospitality tent. They also gave me a bunch of swag including a show poster. Unbelievable experience, you’ll love it.
    Holy cow!!!! :o
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:

Boom!  Very nice! 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    Holy shit!
    what time did you head in?
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!
    Yeah bud!!! I am beyond pumped. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    mcgruff10 said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer and more deserving Porch member and fan. Well done!

The hospitality area is fenced off on the South side of the stage next to the outfield wall entrance/exit of the "backstage" area. Everyone is scattered between the inside and outside areas before the show and depending on how early you arrive you'll likely run into a few of the band members. Great opportunity for a handshake.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    100 Pacer said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer and more deserving Porch member and fan. Well done!

The hospitality area is fenced off on the South side of the stage next to the outfield wall entrance/exit of the "backstage" area. Everyone is scattered between the inside and outside areas before the show and depending on how early you arrive you'll likely run into a few of the band members. Great opportunity for a handshake.
    Stop it! Now he's going to be walking around everywhere knocking things over from his "excitement" Anchorman style all the way until Monday!

He went from excited Porch member yesterday to fanboy today! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!
    Congratulations Mike!  Happy for you.  Now don’t PJ geek out on them backstage.  And don’t get crazy drunk because you are free from 5 kids for the weekend!!  =)

BTW can I be your +1 backstage??   ;)
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    edited August 2018
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!
    Congratulations Mike!  Happy for you.  Now don’t PJ geek out on them backstage.  And don’t get crazy drunk because you are free from 5 kids for the weekend!!  =)

You can be my plus one if you are a divorce lawyer lol. 
    Yes it is very important not to drink too much. I have to take everything in since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. 
    I ll do all my drinking Sunday night. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!

Yes it is very important not to drink too much. I have to take everything in since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. 
    I guess you’ll have to keep your wife happy and take her :(. After all, she did have 5 kids with you... damn.
    still glad a good guy from here won that.  Pretty sweet.  Post some pics afterwards.  My wife isn’t going, but still may have to meet you and others that I interact with on the boards, but have never met.  First round on me
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    mcgruff10 said:

That's awesome! Congrats, Mike!! :rock_on: Hope to bump into you at some point over the weekend and toast to your good luck. 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Badass! Congrats!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Seriously?

Wow! Good for you man!

And don't tuck your damn shirt into your underwear like you typically do.

And also keep your fingers out of your nose as well (you won't get any more of your nosebleeds this way too).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    edited August 2018

Wow, this sounds great.  Now I'm really looking forward to the Fenway VIP package I'm going to win.

Post edited by rey on
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    Holy sheet, wow, congrats!