Let’s be honest about mobile tickets... so easy to hack

JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
lets be honest after the first PJ show to use mobile tickets.

how many people got into GA by having someone screenshot their GA ticket to you?  
92 - Orlando
03 - Tampa
08 - Tampa
12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2

Comments

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    If it was anything like any GA show I’ve gone to with mobile tickets, you need to scan the ticket to get in the line that gives you the wristband. Once that QR code has been scanned it won’t work again.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Plenty
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    I didn't try but it seems like the screenshot technique would probably allow you to resell them as well?
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    The ticket could only be scanned once to get into the door.  After that, you go into another line to get your wristband 

but if you had another ticket, to get in, you could use a screen shot to get a wristband
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    In all fairness, I saw Foo Fighters at Wrigley a few years back and to get on the floor, all you had to do was show your paper ticket that you printed at home.  They marked your paper ticket with a pen. 

So you make 10 copies and you got 9 of your friends into GA.

the only one I’ve ever seen work was NiN and Bruce where you walk in, they immediately put a band on your arm and then walk you to the front.

then again, I’ve never seen a system that couldn’t be beat with a piece of tape or gum.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    What did you just do to Wrigley?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Why do you put this on boards? GA is fucking packed as it is and now you wanna ruin it? stupid move...
    RE4790 said:
    It was a few years back when Dave was in his chair.  We had paper tickets that you print at home.  We didn't need to do it as we had GA, but all they did was mark on a piece of paper that they gave me a wristband.  If I had printed 10 tickets, I could have done it 10 times. 

I break processes for a living so maybe my mind works differently than most. Every time I see a process, I try to figure out why they designed it they way they did and also figure out where the holes are (if any). 
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    Why do you put this on boards? GA is fucking packed as it is and now you wanna ruin it? stupid move...
    That doesn't make any sense.  If anything, 10c would tighten up their process and there would be less people in GA. 
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    So let's be honest about your dishonesty?
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    IBTL
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    JB128716 said:
    That doesn't make any sense.  If anything, 10c would tighten up their process and there would be less people in GA. 
    Yeah... they'll cut back on GA available for us to buy in lottery but you'll still get your cheater friends in pit. Tightening up their process will keep 10C fans out but someone breaking down the process will get bands for all their cronies. 
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    I've been in a lot of GA pits and they seem to be getting better at it in most cases. 

Just this year I have

had them actually take my ticket after getting a wrist band
    scan my ticket at the pit entrance even though I had a wrist band
    no print at home tickets for pit 

I have also seen people get thrown out of show for taped wrist band, fake tickets. 

I'm not traveling across country and risking it myself. 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Show me your wristband 
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    JB128716 said:

but if you had another ticket, to get in, you could use a screen shot to get a wristband
    Nope. In Seattle, our GA ticket was scanned and then we were wrist-banded a few steps down. You couldn’t have gotten in the GA entrance without a GA ticket and if you went in the seated entrance, you wouldn’t have had access to the GA wristbands because those were being handed out at the GA entrance so...
  • Suziemay said:
    JB128716 said:

Nope. In Seattle, our GA ticket was scanned and then we were wrist-banded a few steps down. You couldn’t have gotten in the GA entrance without a GA ticket and if you went in the seated entrance, you wouldn’t have had access to the GA wristbands because those were being handed out at the GA entrance so...
    thank you... i didn’t know how to say what you said without sounding condescending.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    At least on Wednesday could get GA at multiple entrances.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Suziemay said:
    JB128716 said:

Mic drop
    www.cluthelee.com
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited August 2018
    I was at the Foo Fighters show at Wrigley in July and GA was a separate line and entrance. They blocked off access so if you didnt have a GA ticket you were not getting a bracelet
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • HA! I went to both shows and after I got into the first, I thought – what a lousy system. I could have sold a screenshot of my phone for $800 and no one would be the wiser. I am too much of a boy scout to do that though, but the thought still ran through my mind.
  • go prego pre Posts: 642
    Suziemay said:
    JB128716 said:

So then, please explain how during the first encore at least six people without wristbands barged their way to the front of the pit. I was about 5 deep on Stone's side. 6 deep after that.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    I saw a few guys jump from the wall into GA during the first encore during night 2.  
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Suziemay said:
    JB128716 said:

No, this is actually wrong. We entered through the center field gates with our friends. There was a ga wristband table about 20 feet away and when we went there they were like sorry you have to go to the right field entrance, i think section 117 maybe. Anyways we walked through the stadium over to that entrance and just showed screenshots to somebody handing out bracelets.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Suziemay said:
    JB128716 said:

Mic drop
    Mic picked back up lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ohhhhhh damn......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    JB128716 said:
    RE4790 said:
    It was a few years back when Dave was in his chair.  We had paper tickets that you print at home.  We didn't need to do it as we had GA, but all they did was mark on a piece of paper that they gave me a wristband.  If I had printed 10 tickets, I could have done it 10 times. 

I break processes for a living so maybe my mind works differently than most. Every time I see a process, I try to figure out why they designed it they way they did and also figure out where the holes are (if any). 

Fair, BUT, you have now created a situation where hundreds of people, many probably intoxicated, are going to attempt this placing a difficult burden on the the wristband folks where they will have to actively confront a significantly large group of people who snagged a screenshot from a friend.  And in Seattle you could enter at any entrance and get a wristband.  I entered at non-10c entrances both nights to avoid the lines and had no issue getting them.

Think about it this way, there is a reason white hat hackers worked with companies to plug software holes BEFORE they publicly announce them.

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I remember in the 2013 Wrigley show, I had tickets 3rd row right by the Cubs dugout. That was a big security entrance to the field. There was at least 4 Cub security there. The whole show, every time they looked away, people were hopping the little brick wall and running on to the field area. It had to of been at least 100 people I saw do it throughout the show. they caught a few, but most got through. Now whether they were able to actually get in to the GA is another question.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    You gotta scheme if you want an Ed tambourine. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    100 Pacer said:
    You gotta scheme if you want an Ed tambourine. 
    Comments like this keep me from not visiting these threads. Thank you. Some people here take themselves way too seriously. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    RE4790 said:
    JB128716 said:
    RE4790 said:

Fair, BUT, you have now created a situation where hundreds of people, many probably intoxicated, are going to attempt this placing a difficult burden on the the wristband folks where they will have to actively confront a significantly large group of people who snagged a screenshot from a friend.  And in Seattle you could enter at any entrance and get a wristband.  I entered at non-10c entrances both nights to avoid the lines and had no issue getting them.

Think about it this way, there is a reason white hat hackers worked with companies to plug software holes BEFORE they publicly announce them.

When people started talking about the scattered wristband tables, this thought crossed my mind, too. Frankly, I think it's better this conversation is happening in the open where Ten Club can see it and adjust, if necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.