Song you are most tired of hearing

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I think they should play around with them a little bit, at least make the predictability interesting. Slow it down, speed it up, change the bridge like corduroy, something. It definitely makes me super drunk having to walk out to the beer line as soon as I hear certain chords.  Sometimes they strike a string/chord before they play a tune to
    maje sure they’re in tune- I know what it is and am out of my row before Matt even hits the drums 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JojoRice said:
    Do the Evolution if I had to pick one. Also, GO DAWGS!!
    Agreed. That’s the song where I go take a piss.
    ... it's a song that never disappoints and has a great crowd reaction...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm a purist....Corduroy is sacred to me so I don't want it changed

I've been caught in beer lines during 1/2 full and Rats....that was painful, but I really wanted a beer
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Jeremy...it's my bathroom break song

• dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    personally i think even flow elderly woman yellow ledbetter betterman why go jeremy porch could all do with having a rest 
    danny d
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Bathroom break songs. This still cracks me up. I must be in the minority - I don’t drink beer at Pearl Jam shows so I don’t miss a second! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • None. When I have a chance to see a Pearl Jam
    show, I am certainly walking out not thinking about which song I’m sick of. 

• OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    edited August 2018
    Bathroom break songs. This still cracks me up. I must be in the minority - I don’t drink beer at Pearl Jam shows so I don’t miss a second! 
    Exactly. I go to a show to experience everything second. Every song at each concert is special and to hear Mike shred his guitar on EF is amazing. 

I guess I just don’t get it...
    Post edited by OceanInDisguise13 on
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • ruthlessgringoruthlessgringo South Carolina Posts: 60
    Idk, corduroy is one of my favorite ones every one hates. I could do without even flow or Jeremy. Corduroy is just a massive roller coaster ride. Beginning guitar intro is just slow building til bam!!!! The waiting drove me mad!!!!!!!! Then the live version build up to the end of the song. And Eddie's peaceful voice seems to whisper......."Everything has chains absolutely nothings changed.....take my hand not my picture spill my tincture". I know y'all know the lyrics but this is my take. Given to fly and nothingman aren't big on my list either. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Seeing Pearl Jam without the hits would be like watching The Godfather without any scenes with Pacino or Deniro for 90% of the audience.
  • edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    I had no bathroom/Beerline songs this tour since its been four years since my last show. But in 2010 i left my spot every time i knew just breathe would be the next song. God i was tired of that song. And to be honest i was very happy that there was a Sound failure at encore 1 In Krakow;)

• Seeing Pearl Jam without the hits would be like watching The Godfather without any scenes with Pacino or Deniro for 90% of the audience.
     De Niro isn't in The Godfather...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Seeing Pearl Jam without the hits would be like watching The Godfather without any scenes with Pacino or Deniro for 90% of the audience.
     De Niro isn't in The Godfather...

Ha.  I was thinking more about the group of movies. But you are correct.   Pacino and Brando in The Godfather.   
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    edited August 2018
    I don't drink either, but I"m over 50 and sometimes in GA you can't just not go for 5 hours. So don't diss bathroom breaks people, you don't know who has what bladder issues. And I've seen Jeremy live PLENTY....so this holier-than-thou "I don't take bathroom breaks" isn't helpful. You aren't better because you "don't miss a second." 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    Even flow should be  played at every show. Is an anthem of  the band and the meaning of the song is so important
    Even flow should be  played at every show. Is an anthem of  the band and the meaning of the song is so important
    BK221359 said:
    Music is art and to each their own in terms of opinion.  To put it in perspective, your least favorite song only comprises 3.3% of a 30 song set.  So if they play 2 songs you don’t care for, you are still loving the remaining 93.4% of the show.  Luckily we are PJ fans...that % is much lower with other bands out there and the song total is less.  

The hard part with PJ is determining when to piss...other bands make it easy...review setlist from night before figure out what song you don’t like and there is a good chance the setlist will virtually be identical as the night before.  With PJ it is a roll of the dice...
    Gods dice i like all the songs but yes if i want merch or a drink ,or restrooms i going during the most played songs,plus you can still hear them ,but yeh i like all of thier songs

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    edvedd said:
    I had no bathroom/Beerline songs this tour since its been four years since my last show. But in 2010 i left my spot every time i knew just breathe would be the next song. God i was tired of that song. And to be honest i was very happy that there was a Sound failure at encore 1 In Krakow;)

That actually made a "meh" song a really fun moment..! 

They don't play it as much anymore though, which is fine by me

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • TR70596TR70596 Posts: 16
    There aren't specific songs I'm tired of, but I do think when the band does two-night stands at a venue there should be zero repeats. 
    It is a 2hr - 2.5 show.  I get if you are in the heart of GA and it is tough to get back to that spot at a festival, but I'm going to drink and eat food and if I miss 5-10 minutes of a concert than so be it. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited August 2018
    BLACK35 said:
    None. When I have a chance to see a Pearl Jam
    Bingo!!
    Amen. Even if there are songs you're sick of, why take the time to complain about it? I'm sure the OP enjoyed a lot more of the two Seattle shows than he didn't. Post about that. 

As for Even Flow, they've played it at 25 of the 31 shows I've been to. So basically, I got screwed six times. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I also got ripped off six times! 51/57 shows with even flow. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Same here. I was blown away by how many people were leaving their seats at SEA2 durning non-major hit songs. I was there for the long haul. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    I have to admit I’m a bit tired of RITFW, sorry Uncle Neil. Even Flow has been the occasional beer line/bathroom break song for me but Can’t Deny Me is going to take over that spot whenever it’s on the setlist. 
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Small town
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    None. When I have a chance to see a Pearl Jam
    Amen brother!!!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Asking PJ to stop playing songs like Alive, Evenflow, Jeremy, Betterman, etc is like asking Springsteen to stop playing Born To Run. Or U2 stop playing In The Name Of Love.
    Only a small percentage of fans at any show are the ones who are on here daily and go to multiple  shows.
    The hits are for the occasional fan. Not the daily fan.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I don't drink either, but I"m over 50 and sometimes in GA you can't just not go for 5 hours. So don't diss bathroom breaks people, you don't know who has what bladder issues. And I've seen Jeremy live PLENTY....so this holier-than-thou "I don't take bathroom breaks" isn't helpful. You aren't better because you "don't miss a second." 
    Totally reasonable that someone would need a bathroom break and makes sense to do it during a song you think you'd miss the least. I think what people take exception to is the dismissive labeling of "blurgh, that's a piss break song."

Not saying you are, to be clear. Just illustrating a difference. 
  • Bathroom break songs. This still cracks me up. I must be in the minority - I don’t drink beer at Pearl Jam shows so I don’t miss a second! 

i’m pretty sure he wasn’t dissing on you... the “piss break” songs idea grew around here based on a few people, to borrow your words, who came off as holier than thou because of the amount of times they’d had to “suffer” through Even Flow. nothing to do with drinking or bladder control.

and for the record, there’s not a single song in the catalog I don’t wanna hear. they could play a Ten show with nothing else, and i’d still be happy as a lark to dish out my dough to see them.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I’ll never tire of songs but I do understand that some people do. I do however tire of placement of songs. It’d be nice to see Alive close a main set. Or even flow in encore 2. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’ll never tire of songs but I do understand that some people do. I do however tire of placement of songs. It’d be nice to see Alive close a main set. Or even flow in encore 2. 
    It was fun hearing Evenflow & Alive so early in the set at the Ten show in Philly. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    It was fun hearing Evenflow & Alive so early in the set at the Ten show in Philly. 
    It sure was. Damn what a night that was.