GA tips for Wrigley

I scored my first ever GA tickets for Wrigley Night 2.  How early should I get in line for front row?
Tagged:

Comments

• slabahn13slabahn13 Chicago Posts: 44
    I scored my first ever GA tickets for Wrigley Night 2.  How early should I get in line for front row?
    Right now. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    You will likely need to camp out 1-2 days prior to the show.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    In all seriousness, if you want rail, you are probably going to have to camp out starting Wednesday at the latest. 
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    I thought there was a no lining up rule until 8AM day of show?
  • madhat181 said:
    I thought there was a no lining up rule until 8AM day of show?
    That’s the word on the street 
    Where did the unofficial line start in 2016? Where the fan who was the first one and wanted to hear Release for his dad.
    Does anyone know what street that was on?
  • Waveland. Runs east to west behind the bleachers.
  • How do they work that for people waiting for Saturday?  Is there two lines?
    Usually there isn't someone that will wait 4 days before a show 
  • Come on guys. Can I get a consensus? I am gonna get there around 8AM day of show.  It's my son Stone's second show.  We we're in the 200s in 2016.  
  • I was three deep in front of Mike last night, got to the field about 5pm. I understand the commotion surrounding Wrigley, I’ve been there, rail twice. I would not spend all day long in que. but that’s just me.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
    Come on guys. Can I get a consensus? I am gonna get there around 8AM day of show.  It's my son Stone's second show.  We we're in the 200s in 2016.  
    You'll see the line if you get there at 8a. For Foo Fighters, it was in the parking lot across the street from the Bleachers entrance at Sheffield and Waveland. I'd expect the same spot for PJ. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I was three deep in front of Mike last night, got to the field about 5pm. I understand the commotion surrounding Wrigley, I’ve been there, rail twice. I would not spend all day long in que. but that’s just me.
    How did you get 3 deep showing up at 5pm?  We got there around 4pm (and got in before 5pm) and it was about 10-12 deep from Mike's Mic to Stone's mic?

In regards to the original post... I think you have to lineup a few days early to get rail.  It's mental.  Even Eddie said something about it at the show last night when he found out the people on the rail had been waiting for 2 days :)
  • Zod said:
    I was three deep in front of Mike last night, got to the field about 5pm. I understand the commotion surrounding Wrigley, I’ve been there, rail twice. I would not spend all day long in que. but that’s just me.
    How did you get 3 deep showing up at 5pm?  We got there around 4pm (and got in before 5pm) and it was about 10-12 deep from Mike's Mic to Stone's mic?

In regards to the original post... I think you have to lineup a few days early to get rail.  It's mental.  Even Eddie said something about it at the show last night when he found out the people on the rail had been waiting for 2 days :)

just luck I guess...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Wrigley is an unknown... I know people lined up unofficially but that was on a residential street and no idea if the neighbors complained to cause tighter rules.

Getting the rail is tough, but you can be ridiculously close if you are in line the morning of - seems like there’s an extreme drop off of time waiting for rail to 3-5 people from the stage.
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    I figure if I line up around 3 I should be within 10 rows hopefully 
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    8am day of show isn’t going to get you rail at Wrigley, sorry. Enjoy the show, however!! I’ll be in GA with you N2.
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83

I have a N2 seat for Wrigley.  I'm looking into flying in early to catch N1.  If anyone has a spare GA for N1, please hit me up via DM.  I know it's not likely, but it's worth a shot.  Thanks.

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    I know someone who camped our for two days and was front and center in front of Ed yesterday. 

I know another person who went in about 5 and kept going outside til there was room... and was on rail about 8 people from end on Mike's side.  I'm GA and won't wait all day, will likely find a side view I'm OK with. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
    edited August 2018
    8am day of show isn’t going to get you rail at Wrigley, sorry. Enjoy the show, however!! I’ll be in GA with you N2.
    Yea I know people planning to go a day before 
  • I broke down and got some Section 124 seats for Saturday.  So now I can camp out.