Options

USING A DIGITAL WALLET IS NOT A REQUIREMENT

Is mobile ticketing really that new of a concept to so many people? 

Can you see your ticket now? Yes. You will be fine. Take a screenshot just in case. Worst case scenario you, have to talk to a human being from 10c, and they print you a paper ticket (so basically the old way). This technology has been in use for over a decade now. 

Comments

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    DILLY DILLY
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    To add to this, i go to mariners games about once a month and have used mobile tickets every game for about 4 years, never had any issue in pulling them up direct from the website.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Good advice, and the reassurance is much appreciated. Just one point: This is the second or third post I've read that suggests people taking a screen shot "just in case." According to one of the many "directions and info" links I was sent, screen shots of tix are NOT a viable option as they will not be honored. Just sayin'. May help save some folks some time and frustration. Otherwise, thanks again for the reassurance.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    edited August 2018
    Good advice, and the reassurance is much appreciated. Just one point: This is the second or third post I've read that suggests people taking a screen shot "just in case." According to one of the many "directions and info" links I was sent, screen shots of tix are NOT a viable option as they will not be honored. Just sayin'. May help save some folks some time and frustration. Otherwise, thanks again for the reassurance.
    There is a reason why the messaging is its NOT a viable option. Just think about it technically.
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    Would prefer not to think about it "technically" or otherwise. Just passing along the info.
  • Options
    LaurelhurstLaurelhurst Around The Bend Posts: 13

Can you see your ticket now? Yes. You will be fine. Take a screenshot just in case. Worst case scenario you, have to talk to a human being from 10c, and they print you a paper ticket (so basically the old way). This technology has been in use for over a decade now. 
    It must be new to ticketmaster... Because PJ / TM ticket portal isn't working at all!! For both iphone and android users.... Can't see or download tickets for tomorrows show!! Looks like the TWO 10C windows will pretty busy tomorrow...  :o
    All Those Yesterdays..... 
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Just download them on your way to show and keep the window open. Easy as that
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Before you get to the venue, open up two tabs in your browser. Open the bar code of one ticket in the first tab and the bar code of the second in the second tab. Don't close your browser tabs. You won't have to rely on the wallet or cell service/wifi at the venue. It's really not that big of a deal.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    know1 said:
    Before you get to the venue, open up two tabs in your browser. Open the bar code of one ticket in the first tab and the bar code of the second in the second tab. Don't close your browser tabs. You won't have to rely on the wallet or cell service/wifi at the venue. It's really not that big of a deal.
    This is the best advice so far
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Heading to the first Chicago show. Let’s just say I lose my phone somewhere between Canada and Chicago. Can I simply roll up to the 10C window and present my ID?
  • Options
    AAJC said:
    Heading to the first Chicago show. Let’s just say I lose my phone somewhere between Canada and Chicago. Can I simply roll up to the 10C window and present my ID?
    https://am.ticketmaster.com/pearljamtenclub/FAQ Content Page

What if my phone dies or is lost?

Please stop by the Ten Club customer service window at the box office on show day.

• Options
    RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77

I don't think its really the mobile ticket thing more than it is people just wanting a sense of security when they shell out hundreds of dollars.  People have issues with phones, batteries, signal and yes websites and apps crash all the time.  Just yesterday I couldn't even log into this forum because dozens of people were on here at the same time trying to discuss these issues.  Imagine what happens when thousands of people are trying to pull up the same site at the same time on the same signal.  Ticketmaster and this site completely bog down whenever anything goes on sale.  Let's not act like PJ rolls out things flawlessly.  I'm still waiting for my 2009 Christmas single to be shipped :).  Also, it has been stated numerous times that they cannot and will not scan a screen shot.  So, which one is it?  Isn't the whole purpose of digital tickets to stop scalping?  What would stop someone from texting over their screen shot to someone else?
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    pjl44 said:
    AAJC said:
    https://am.ticketmaster.com/pearljamtenclub/FAQ Content Page

What if my phone dies or is lost?

Please stop by the Ten Club customer service window at the box office on show day.

Sweet. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    RP123663 said:

I don't think its really the mobile ticket thing more than it is people just wanting a sense of security when they shell out hundreds of dollars.  People have issues with phones, batteries, signal and yes websites and apps crash all the time.  Just yesterday I couldn't even log into this forum because dozens of people were on here at the same time trying to discuss these issues.  Imagine what happens when thousands of people are trying to pull up the same site at the same time on the same signal.  Ticketmaster and this site completely bog down whenever anything goes on sale.  Let's not act like PJ rolls out things flawlessly.  I'm still waiting for my 2009 Christmas single to be shipped :).  Also, it has been stated numerous times that they cannot and will not scan a screen shot.  So, which one is it?  Isn't the whole purpose of digital tickets to stop scalping?  What would stop someone from texting over their screen shot to someone else?
    The biggest benefit of mobile tickets is fraud prevention. Add in that it fights scalping, 

People are freaking out and throwing common sense and logic out the window. Comparing the 10c forums and ticketmaster buying to mobile ticketing is comparing apples to oranges. 10C site is relatively small, their servers are only so big. Millions of people try to buy on ticketmaster. The site doesn't crash, its servers can only process so much at a time.

For this, we are talking about a portion of the audience using digital tickets. Subtract the people with paper tix and all of the people that have them in their wallet right already. What percentage is left? The idea that it will crash from a portion of people trying to access at the same time is complete paranoia.  

The NCAA Final Four is 100% digital. 70k plus. It didn't crash.  
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 580
    edited August 2018

No, mobile ticketing isn't a new concept, but I do feel that while you improve "this process" on some fronts, it opens up other potential issues... issues that many people are bringing up here... especially for those who aren't really tech savvy and have old phones.

I'm a Samsung user.  I installed "WalletPasses | Passbook Wallet" on my phone today in hopes of getting tickets put in there.  When I logged in to my account and clicked "TEN CLUB MOBILE TICKETS", it brought up the following message: 
    "SSL connection error - Unable to make a secure connection to the server.  This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have." 

So "No", I can't see the ticket, let alone get it to a wallet.  My phone is several years old and loses battery really fast.  I'll figure out this current issue, then I'll take precautions to make sure the phone doesn't die.  I'll make it work, but it isn't without its headaches for some.  
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    Just to check, I think I already know the answer. I downloaded my and my guest's (my wife) last night because her phone is more reliable than mine lol. Now I see the "guest mobile ticket transfer" instructions email. So two questions. Is it OK if she shows her phone and not me (I got them through the lottery)? Also for a backup can I also download them to the wallet or open them in the browser on my phone? I don't want to screw things up (like invalidating the tix), Missoula is a days drive from here lol.
  • Options
    Whoops meant downloaded them to my wife's phone not mine.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    You can only download them once so you won’t be able to put them in your wallet also. She can transfer you the guest ticket if you want but It doesn’t matter who’s phone is used. How would the ticket scanner possibly know which one of you is in the TC. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Thanks sounds like it's OK so I'll just assume the worst and ask at the box office lol.
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Screen captures work. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement.