Options

Fender Roc Pro 700

Wondering if anyone can help solve one of many issues..

https://youtu.be/AwfBdeC94-8
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
        It's hard to tell from the camera angle but the top of the jack body may come off, giving you access to the contacts inside. If that's the case, simply bending the contacts toward the center of the barrel may do the trick.

Maybe getting in there with a pick small enough to get behind the contacts and pull them up would get you up and running.

Also hard to tell from the video but there may be a cracked solder joint between the jack and PCB. Hitting the points with a hot iron might fix it too.

Worst case, I don't imagine that having the jack replaced would be too expensive. Maybe between $35.00 and $100.00, depending where you live. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
        It's hard to tell from the camera angle but the top of the jack body may come off, giving you access to the contacts inside. If that's the case, simply bending the contacts toward the center of the barrel may do the trick.

Maybe getting in there with a pick small enough to get behind the contacts and pull them up would get you up and running.

Also hard to tell from the video but there may be a cracked solder joint between the jack and PCB. Hitting the points with a hot iron might fix it too.

Worst case, I don't imagine that having the jack replaced would be too expensive. Maybe between $35.00 and $100.00, depending where you live. 
    Thanks! I'm in Michigan. I'm trying to figure out a way to prey the plastic top off the box casing the jack. 
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy