Gordon Ramsay

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Sometimes I wonder, is this for real or faked or is he cranky but his emotions get amplified purposefully for the show?
If this is how he really is I am surprised noone in the kitchen has punched him yet or taken him to court for workplace bullying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0aUTGCe9y0
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    A lot is for show. But he is am angry Scots man. I must admit I would punch him.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I would push him at least.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    He is a piece of shit who gets to publicly treat others like shit...and get paid for it. 

Hell he could be POTUS!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    If it’s on tv, it’s made for show. 

Gordon is great. 
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    Watch clips of his UK shows vs his US shows. He has a persona for each of them. 
  • If it’s on tv, it’s made for show. 

Gordon is great. 

I agree.

Don't mistake his passion for rage. He has strong relationships with all those people he has come unglued on. The things he gets upset about are things those chefs know.

I put myself through school working in the service industry. I spent time as a cook and as a waiter. I've seen some unbelievably harsh cooks. There's something about a kitchen that evokes strong emotion and intensity. I cooked with some Greeks (owner/cooks) that would come unglued on me for some things. Fortunately, I had basketball coaches that prepared me for those events in life (ignore the delivery of the message and focus on the message) lol. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    TFlyer said:
    Watch clips of his UK shows vs his US shows. He has a persona for each of them. 
    and the kids version here in the states. appropriate constructive criticism. encouraging to the kids.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I took a piss next to him in Vegas.

That’s all I have to contribute to this thread
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I took a piss next to him in Vegas.

That’s all I have to contribute to this thread
    Did he shout at the quality of your urine?
    "That piss, it's fucking yellow man!"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Reality TV is not real.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    The participants know exactly what they signed up for. The show is called Hell's Kitchen, after all. :naughty: 

Gordon Ramsay makes good T.V. (He also makes a fine risotto.)

If he ain't your thang, might I suggest Rachel Rae. Martha? Bobby Flay? Ooh, ooh... Mario Batali.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I attended a taping of Hells Kitchen way back in....2011? with my wife, we brought some clients there.  It was a blast.
    I think Ramsey is excellent TV and I agree w/Hobbes -- that is TV stuff, they signed up for it and are a part of the zaniness.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited July 2018
    I attended a taping of Hells Kitchen way back in....2011? with my wife, we brought some clients there.  It was a blast.
    I think Ramsey is excellent TV and I agree w/Hobbes -- that is TV stuff, they signed up for it and are a part of the zaniness.
    So were you guys served the food or is there another audience other than the restaurant customer?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    KC138045 said:
    So were you guys served the food or is there another audience other than the restaurant customer?
    It is a big group getting dinner served inside the warehouse type of place they film at.  Our food was the GR type of menu but I have no idea if it was made by the team on camera or others.  We had good food and the only thing to go wrong was when I broke the table bong (one of those giant bong looking beer dispensers was in the middle of the table that episode as part of a sponsorship) and beer spilled all over our table.  Everyone laughed about it and we got more beer.  ;)
    It was a really good time.  We were pretty buzzed by the end of the dinner and it was odd to come out and have it be like 5 or 6 PM, as they filmed pretty early.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    KC138045 said:
    It is a big group getting dinner served inside the warehouse type of place they film at.  Our food was the GR type of menu but I have no idea if it was made by the team on camera or others.  We had good food and the only thing to go wrong was when I broke the table bong (one of those giant bong looking beer dispensers was in the middle of the table that episode as part of a sponsorship) and beer spilled all over our table.  Everyone laughed about it and we got more beer.  ;)
    It was a really good time.  We were pretty buzzed by the end of the dinner and it was odd to come out and have it be like 5 or 6 PM, as they filmed pretty early.
    Can't take ^^^him^^^ anywhere.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    KC138045 said:
    Can't take ^^^him^^^ anywhere.
    Pretty true.  My client is usually more the type to have that happen so he and his date laughed especially hard at my expense.  Best part was I was running my mouth when it happened, truly calling more attention to my gaffe.  Could have happened to any one of us...but it happened to me.
    If we were closer to the kitchen the crew cleaning up might have caught GR's eye and resulted in my getting scolded.  ;)
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Lol

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He makes for good entertainment ... I saw him cook a puffin on one of his show.  Such a cute bird.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    Not if you cared about being on the show.

I think it's "genuine" in the sense that he believes it's a legitimately effective tactic to weed out the weak - he thinks that anyone who can't take that from their boss and work effectively under that kind of strain isn't disciplined or tough enough to work for him. Seems like a legit tactic to me, given the man's success. He's not like that as a person overall of course. He is incredibly kind at the end of the day, judging from many of his shows. He seems to have a real way with people. I'm a big fan of Gordon Ramsay - I love all his shows. Very entertaining. Though I do actually like MasterChef Canada and MasterChef Australia more than I do the American version, even though I like their host.... Canada and Australia just have way better, more skilled, more likeable contestants overall for some reason. And the rules for the Australian one are WAY better than in the US and Canada. It's way more complicated and intricate and varied on the Australian show, and more challenging too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Hunting Puffins On The Edge Of A Cliff In Iceland - Gordon Ramsay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2018
    Interesting, although it became slightly too gruesome for me when they started tearing them apart.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's "genuine" in the sense that he believes it's a legitimately effective tactic to weed out the weak - he thinks that anyone who can't take that from their boss and work effectively under that kind of strain isn't disciplined or tough enough to work for him. Seems like a legit tactic to me, given the man's success. He's not like that as a person overall of course. He is incredibly kind at the end of the day, judging from many of his shows. He seems to have a real way with people. I'm a big fan of Gordon Ramsay - I love all his shows. Very entertaining. Though I do actually like MasterChef Canada and MasterChef Australia more than I do the American version, even though I like their host.... Canada and Australia just have way better, more skilled, more likeable contestants overall for some reason. And the rules for the Australian one are WAY better than in the US and Canada. It's way more complicated and intricate and varied on the Australian show, and more challenging too.
    I would rather have the boss yell and I can yell right back rather than have some cochroach sneaking around with a fake smile and fake words. 
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I would rather have the boss yell and I can yell right back rather than have some cochroach sneaking around with a fake smile and fake words. 
    Word. Although don't yell back at Gordon Ramsay unless you're yelling "yes Chef!" You'll get fired. :lol:
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Word. Although don't yell back at Gordon Ramsay unless you're yelling "yes Chef!" You'll get fired. :lol:
    If He's yelling, there's a reason. You f'cked up. You f'cked up really bad. Lol
    I liked that video because it really shows that Ramsey is a great guy.  I agree the Puffin thing was gruesome ... but that eating puffin is very much part of Icelands culture I would assume.  I guess its no different than inuits who eat seal, part of their culture.  But its such such a cute bird.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

If He's yelling, there's a reason. You f'cked up. You f'cked up really bad. Lol
    True. It's not like he screams at people when they're not doing anything wrong, just for the hell of it.
    I liked that video because it really shows that Ramsey is a great guy.  I agree the Puffin thing was gruesome ... but that eating puffin is very much part of Icelands culture I would assume.  I guess its no different than inuits who eat seal, part of their culture.  But its such such a cute bird.
    Yeah, he seems like a great guy. I'd hang with him, lol.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Whoa, no thanks.  Somebody give that guy a Valium.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Whoa, no thanks.  Somebody give that guy a Valium.
    Nah, he's awesome. He doesn't need a Valium. He does what works (and he's usually super nice).