Options

Seattle beer nerds.

Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 105
Any advice on where to spend my time predrinking before the show would be greatly appreciated. 

And I know it's a long shot, but I'm trying to track down some Aslan Brewing Co beers. A friend mailed me a batch 15 ipa a year ago, and my life has been incomplete ever since. 

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2018
    The Triangle Pub is the most historic bar in the city, and is very close to the venue. It's also tiny, so get there early. This is for if you know how to enjoy great dive bars. But sorry, I don't drink beer - I don't remember what they had on tap, but am almost positive they at least had Flat Tire... Or was it Red Truck? Obviously since I'm not a beer drinker I have no real good advice re where to drink great beer, lol. I'm just a good bar appreciator, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    There are a bunch of places near the stadium. Henry's has a good selection of beers and pretty good food. Pyramid has an alehouse across the street with food and of course their beer. Elysian Brewing has a place right across from Centurylink with their beers and good food. The Lodge has a huge selection of beers on tap with an emphasis on Northwest beers.

Asland is pretty well distributed around here. Batch 15 IPA is sold in my grocery store, so you should be able to find it pretty easily. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    This would be about a $15 Uber ride from the stadium, but The Beer Junction in West Seattle features 35 local breweries on tap. Plus about 1,500 different bottles for purchase.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    From this list my top picks would be Stoup, Holy mountain, mollusk, and cloudburst.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    Fremont Brewing is one of my favorites

Will also be stopping at Ghostfish Brewing, Fremont Brewing, Two Bridges Brewing, Seapine Brewing, and Triple R Brewing.  If you can't find something to like, Growler Guys has a lot of beers from the area.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    onejourney...onejourney... Posts: 248
    edited July 2018
    Fremont is a must. GREAT brewery. Not sure if this years B-bomb or anything like that will be available but either way their stuff is great. 

Browers is a really awesome Bar with tons and tons of Belgian beer options. Also highly recommended. Enjoy the shows!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,544
    Ballard is the mecca for breweries within walking distance.  10-12 within a 1.5 mile radius.  Bottleworks in Wallingford has great tap selection and close to the Beer Junction in bottles.  If you like stouts, try Fremont's Last Nail.  

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
     where did you wind up going?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I drank some great beer in Seattle.
    We went to No Anchor, Teku, Pine Box, and The Masonry and had some great beer on tap.
    Also stopped by Cloudburst and Holy Mountain breweries. Witchfinder and  Kneel & Repent by Holy Mountain are beers i'll drool remembering for a long time
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Cool, how was Pine Box? Thinking about going there for Halloween.
    Did it have a laid back vibe for small parties? Or seem more upbeat, loud, standing room only type bar?
    Post edited by mookeywrench on