Options

mobile ticket novice here

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    RP123663 said:
    KC138045 said:
    RP123663 said:
    So, I guess I'll wait to see how big of a disaster Seattle is based on feedback and go from there.  I don't even think there is such a thing as an "Android wallet".  It's a big annoying to be honest.  PJ went from standing toe to toe with ticketmaster years ago, to being in bed with them and also Apple, while making it more difficult on their fan base.  I don't really buy that this is about scalpers either.  Go on stub hub.  $2500 10c seats on there already.  It's about as dumb as building a wall on the southern borders.
    This is in no way way more difficult.  This whole lottery process and ticket distribution has been extremely easy and takes away some stress and worry from the process.  It took me less than 5 minutes for me to read the email, access my tickets, and transfer them to my apple wallet.  They are now secure in my phone and I don't have to worry about going to will call or losing them.  My night one tickets are from the verified fan pre-sale and are printed on 8x10 sheets of paper.  I'd much prefer them to be digital like my 10c tickets.
    KC138045 said:
    RP123663 said:
    So, I guess I'll wait to see how big of a disaster Seattle is based on feedback and go from there.  I don't even think there is such a thing as an "Android wallet".  It's a big annoying to be honest.  PJ went from standing toe to toe with ticketmaster years ago, to being in bed with them and also Apple, while making it more difficult on their fan base.  I don't really buy that this is about scalpers either.  Go on stub hub.  $2500 10c seats on there already.  It's about as dumb as building a wall on the southern borders.
    This is in no way way more difficult.  This whole lottery process and ticket distribution has been extremely easy and takes away some stress and worry from the process.  It took me less than 5 minutes for me to read the email, access my tickets, and transfer them to my apple wallet.  They are now secure in my phone and I don't have to worry about going to will call or losing them.  My night one tickets are from the verified fan pre-sale and are printed on 8x10 sheets of paper.  I'd much prefer them to be digital like my 10c tickets.

And  if you don't have an apple phone?  And if you lose or damage your phone between now and then?  And if you have phone issues on the day of the show or if your battery dies, or you have a problem with the app/wallet?  I would say printing a piece of paper and putting in your REAL wallet is actually much easier and reliable.  
    I have Columbus Bluejackets season tickets and they went to this process last year.  I transfer all of my tickets to my wallet and I've also used it for boarding passes.  Never once did I have an issue.  If you dont have apple wallet just open up your ticket master fan account and show the tickets that way.  Transferring to apple wallet is just an added convenience if you have it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 401
    Saltzy23 said:
    GB281198 said:
    After reading FAQ section it states that screenshots will not be accepted and phone service around Missoula is poor. Does anyone know a good Android wallet app? Did a Google search and one that might be good is Pass2you wallet. Anyone know if that will work? I have no experience with a mobile wallet and to be honest don't even know how to take a screenshot.  =)
    This is BS.

There is literally no way to tell the difference between a screen shot and the actual app, unless they plan on having everyone swiping left/right to show it's not a screen shot.

Also, this show takes place in the middle of a college town.

I find it very hard to believe that there is no cell coverage.
    Just repeating what's in FAQ section. I have never been to Missoula. Just wondering if anyone could suggest a wallet app for Android.
  • Options
    RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77

I have Columbus Bluejackets season tickets and they went to this process last year.  I transfer all of my tickets to my wallet and I've also used it for boarding passes.  Never once did I have an issue.  If you dont have apple wallet just open up your ticket master fan account and show the tickets that way.  Transferring to apple wallet is just an added convenience if you have it.

So, you think 45,000 people on their phones going to the same website at the same time, using the same wifi connection will have no issues?  Come on, man.  This site has crashed numerous times during the ticket lottery entry alone.  Ticketmaster site crashes literally every time tickets for anything go on sale.  I'm expecting a complete cluster bleep.  Also, 7,000 people at the Blue Jackets games isn't quite the same. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    They typically scan your phone upon entry and give you a paper ticket.  I say typically because they did that at Radiohead in Chicago but when I went to a concert in Indy they did NOT give me a paper ticket.  I did have to show my phone each time I left seating and came back.  Real pain in the ass especially if your partner leaves.
    Thats really interesting. I've had the complete opposite experience with mobile tix. Never been given a paper ticket. Doesn't that kind of defeat one of the purposes of going mobile? They checked your ticket every time you went to your seat???? Also never had that happen either. 
    Mobile just prevents you from being able to physically sell the ticket before you enter the venue.  At the United Center they scanned my QR code and printed a thermal ticket.  

At Noblesville (formerly Deer Creek, now Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center) they didn't give me a paper ticket.  But yes, whenever you leave the pavillion (seated) area they require you show your "ticket" when you try to get back in the pavillion.  Could be a real issue if your phone dies....I did give my wife a screenshot of her ticket which they accepted.  But yeah what's to prevent me from sending a screenshot to 100 people ?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    RP123663 said:

So, you think 45,000 people on their phones going to the same website at the same time, using the same wifi connection will have no issues?  Come on, man.  This site has crashed numerous times during the ticket lottery entry alone.  Ticketmaster site crashes literally every time tickets for anything go on sale.  I'm expecting a complete cluster bleep.  Also, 7,000 people at the Blue Jackets games isn't quite the same. 
    I guess we'll soon find out but this is not new technology and Pearl Jam is not the first band to use this form of entry.  I think it will run as smooth as it ever has with paper tickets.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

I guess we'll soon find out but this is not new technology and Pearl Jam is not the first band to use this form of entry.  I think it will run as smooth as it ever has with paper tickets.

I sure hope so, but I have my doubts.  After all, anyone with a smart phone older than 6 months, likely has battery issues. :)  If they really want to crack down on scalping (which I don't think is their true motive), why not just let you print your ticket and have your name attached to the barcode.  Show your ID with the ticket, and you're in.  Scalpers would have to create fake ID's and those low life's don't have that much energy. Everyone should have an ID.  Not everyone has a smart phone, let alone and iPhone, let alone an iPhone with no issues, let alone a virtual wallet (whatever that is), let alone a brand new battery...  There is a reason paper tickets have been around for a century. They work. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,353
    RP123663 said:
    KC138045 said:

I sure hope so, but I have my doubts.  After all, anyone with a smart phone older than 6 months, likely has battery issues. :)  If they really want to crack down on scalping (which I don't think is their true motive), why not just let you print your ticket and have your name attached to the barcode.  Show your ID with the ticket, and you're in.  Scalpers would have to create fake ID's and those low life's don't have that much energy. Everyone should have an ID.  Not everyone has a smart phone, let alone and iPhone, let alone an iPhone with no issues, let alone a virtual wallet (whatever that is), let alone a brand new battery...  There is a reason paper tickets have been around for a century. They work. 
    It's not very hard to conserve battery life if you really wanted to. There are also ways to charge your phone without having to plug a charger into the wall.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Mine are in my wallet already. Work on it now, and it's there when you need them. Easy! If you change phones between now and then, redownload from TM site. This is 1,000x better than waiting in the clusterf**k that the 10C ticket window lines had become at Wrigley. This is putting 1-2 hours back on your day, each day. Love it! 
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-TBD! 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    RP123663 said:

This leans toward paranoia. Remember this isn't new technology. Much much bigger events with digital tickets have been just fine. 

Miami heat do 20k per game. All digital tickets. 80% of single game ticket holders to the Dallas Cowboys use a digital ticket. They do 90k plus a game. 

Seattle Sounders have been using digital only for a few years. 35k per game. First it was powered by Ticketmaster. Now its Seat Geek. 100% perfect? Nope. There have been one or two glitches. But in the end its been really easy to use. Change is hard and scary. I get it. But this is really nothing to worry about. 

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/307197/why-venue-ticketing-is-going-mobile-only.html
  • Options
    RP123663 said:
    KC138045 said:

There is also a reason why paper tickets are going away. Fraud. A PDF paper ticket can be copied and uploaded easily. A little harder to sell a screenshot. 

Your show your ID with a ticket is what some bands do. Still doesn't stop scalpers. They can just walk in with the person they sold the ticket to. They will always find a way. Making it harder or less convenient is the game. 
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    You cant screen shot ticketmaster tickets it will not let you its a security thing ive tried on other tickets it will just say action not allowed. 
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    varty yo said:
    You cant screen shot ticketmaster tickets it will not let you its a security thing ive tried on other tickets it will just say action not allowed. 
    not quite accurate,  if its a barcode you def cant and need to print a PDF,  if its a QR code you can

atlanta braves are mobile entry only, and you can def screen shot the QR codes and sent them to people for entry
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    RP123663 said:
    Just trying to be proactive, so anyone who has used this on Android in the past, your help is appreciated.  
    #1. I have never used an "android wallet" or if I need to download an app?
    #2.  I do not see an actual barcode on my tickets when viewing them from my desktop.  Does that come later, or what do they actually scan at the gate?
    #3.  If I need to leave the Pit to use the restroom or get concessions, will I need to show the usher's my phone each time or will they be giving out bracelets like in the past?
    #4.  Are we allowed to bring portable phone chargers?  I may have anxiety issues when it comes to low battery and mobile ticket policy. 

Thanks in advance!
    Go to play store on your phone, upload passbook@wallet for android. That's what I did, says it's an app for boarding passes, movie tickets, etc. I assume this is the right app.  I'll be flying from NJ early August 7 to Seattle, will attempt to download tickets before I leave and it better GD work or that is going to be one loooong flight.  Good luck. 
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    edited July 2018
    Sorry Google Play store
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • Options

Go to play store on your phone, upload passbook@wallet for android. That's what I did, says it's an app for boarding passes, movie tickets, etc. I assume this is the right app.  I'll be flying from NJ early August 7 to Seattle, will attempt to download tickets before I leave and it better GD work or that is going to be one loooong flight.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the help.  This is my main concern.  Once they get around to us bottom feeder Android users and I can see if I can move the tickets into this wallet thing, I'll be good.  Not sure why the delay till 8/7 on that.  If they aren't ready to roll out this digital ticket feature yet, then they should just wait until the next tour.  It honestly didn't help with scalping at all. Tickets were being scalped back in the winter time for these shows.  
  • Options
    Yah kinda leaving it till the last minute id say im kinda stressed i dont use a mobile wallet and now i have to figure it out the day before the show????? The 8th is my travel day so even more annoying. I downloaded the google pay app but there is nothing i can see thats a wallet for tickets etc.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,353
    You don't need to put the tickets in any "wallet"
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    RP112579 said:

Well, as far as I can tell, it's either that or fight 40,000 people at the same time for signal and hope the website doesn't crash. 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    They typically scan your phone upon entry and give you a paper ticket.  I say typically because they did that at Radiohead in Chicago but when I went to a concert in Indy they did NOT give me a paper ticket.  I did have to show my phone each time I left seating and came back.  Real pain in the ass especially if your partner leaves.
    Thats really interesting. I've had the complete opposite experience with mobile tix. Never been given a paper ticket. Doesn't that kind of defeat one of the purposes of going mobile? They checked your ticket every time you went to your seat???? Also never had that happen either. 
    Ditto - no matter the format of the ticket, I have never in my life been forced to present my ticket again inside a venue. The closest thing has been when I've had to show my wristband when going back into GA, which is the norm.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP123663 said:
    RP112579 said:
    RP112579 said:

Well, as far as I can tell, it's either that or fight 40,000 people at the same time for signal and hope the website doesn't crash. 

This is really terrible math/logic.
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    This whole thing stresses me out and turns me off. 
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I downloaded Google Pay on my Android device.  I have never used a mobile wallet.   Seems crazy that 10c has no way for Android users to download tickets but yet allows Apple users to do it now.   So what if their Android app is not ready by the 7th?   They will make all of us Android users late to the show?  Or stand in some hours long line to straighten up the mess?     The notice regarding the app says to use Apple Pay or Google Wallet.  There is no Google Wallet anymore it is called Google Pay.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 597
    Glad I'm not the only one confused about this too, fellow Android user here. Hopefully everything goes smoothly but I do have my doubts. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,053
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ditto - no matter the format of the ticket, I have never in my life been forced to present my ticket again inside a venue. The closest thing has been when I've had to show my wristband when going back into GA, which is the norm.
    Really? At any concert or sporting event in a theater or larger I almost always have to show my ticket for entry into a given section. At the very least the first time I'm going to my seat.
  • Options
    So anyone able to add there tickets to goog;e pay yet? or is it still the 7th. 5 days away

Funny thing im seeing PJ 9 years exactly to the day of the 8th show
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Already in my iPhone wallet. Very simple and easy. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just saw Foo Fighters at an outdoor venue and anytime you went outside of the seated area (to get drinks, bathroom, etc) you had to show your ticket when you came back. We had mobile tix and when we entered the venue my friend's cc was scanned and tix were printed out. Seemed pretty simple. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Chris1401 said:
    Chris1401 said:
    Chris1401 said:
    We are not talking iphone here this is for android users.
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    varty yo said:
    Chris1401 said:
    Chris1401 said:
    Chris1401 said:
    We are not talking iphone here this is for android users.
    Oh sorry, my fault. Please ignore and thanks for clarifying! 
  • Options
    I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep my phone charged after I add my phone with the tickets displayed into my ticket collection! Wonder If these can be printed for that purpose?