Options

Google pay wallet question

varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
Ok so i have not been able to find a definite answer on the whole android wallet etc. I have never used google pay and DL it to see what its all about. There is no option for a wallet for tickets for shows or events. Everywhere i read is that its new to google but no details on how to use it or where to find it. Seeing that i cant get my tix till Aug 7th and i fly the 8th its making me a bit nervous as to getting it sorted out the day before. Anyone using the new google pay wallet yet? 

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    you technically don't need the wallet.  If you have cell coverage, you can load them via the link in the e-mail.   The wallet is presumably good to insure yourself against internet issues when entering the venue.
  • Options
    but cant load it till the 7th 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I just used Google Pay for my Radiohead tickets.   It worked smooth.  It showed up under cards and tickets.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I downloaded Google Pay but have never used it.  Crazy that Android users can't download until 8/7.  Sounds like they are not really ready for this.  Why would they let some people get their tickets now and make the rest of us wait until the day before the show.  Not good planning.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    It's also very unclear to me (unless I'm missing something) as to whether we can transfer our 1 ticket before this, or if we have to wait until the 7th.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Is Google Pay different than Passbook@Wallet for Android?  Which one are we supposed to use? 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Is Google Pay different than Passbook@Wallet for Android?  Which one are we supposed to use? 

can we use Passbook?

I already downloaded it on the advice of someone on the boards.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    It doesn't matter which app you use as long as the tickets are obtainable free of a Wi-Fi connection.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    I just used Google Pay for my Radiohead tickets.   It worked smooth.  It showed up under cards and tickets.
    Thats excellent news!!!! Thanks i feel a bit better now haha
  • Options
    It doesn't matter which app you use as long as the tickets are obtainable free of a Wi-Fi connection.
    Isn't the issue that wi-fi and cell cover can be sketchy at big events where 10's of thousands of people are trying to use it at the same time?  I think the point of putting them into the apple or android wallet, is because they become offline and insulate you from not being able to access them due to internet issues.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Zod said:
    Isn't the issue that wi-fi and cell cover can be sketchy at big events where 10's of thousands of people are trying to use it at the same time?  I think the point of putting them into the apple or android wallet, is because they become offline and insulate you from not being able to access them due to internet issues.
    Exactly, why some people are trying to tell you the opposite of what the 10club instructions stated makes me think they don't have people's best interest in mind. I know I don't want to be behind someone in line who can't access their tickets because of a cell reception issue. The instructions were clear, follow them people!
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Exactly, why some people are trying to tell you the opposite of what the 10club instructions stated makes me think they don't have people's best interest in mind. I know I don't want to be behind someone in line who can't access their tickets because of a cell reception issue. The instructions were clear, follow them people!
    I think the concern is that the android wallet feature won't be ready until the day before the first show of the tour (Seattle I).   That's cutting it pretty close, and no amount of following the instructions will help that :(
  • Options
    Pretty close in my books id say
  • Options
    Ok so i have my google pay all set up any word if they can be downloaded sooner or still not till 7th?
  • Options
    There isnt even an option to download the ticket once at the ticketmaster page only option i see is to send to another friend. Bah 4 days away
  • Options
    2 day away bump....

• Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    or...screenshot

these ushers/door people aren't going to work differently/harder than any other event. it's scanning a bar code. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    Very concerned about this as well. Has anybody with an android figured this out, or do I have wait until Tuesday to do this? If so, please PM me.
  • Options
    Will it just magically show me a add to wallet on tues? for us android users? Does it just pop up for apple people? Im thinking of just having my buddy add them to his apple wallet then be done with it
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Has anyone been able to get tickets into their android wallet today. I tried early and it seemed to not have changed from before
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Nope nothing yet. i just had a blank spot pop up with a silouette of tickets
  • Options
    jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    I have iOS and just tried to download my tickets. i'm getting the same silhouette now. Guessing the service is just getting hammered
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • Options
    yup not surprised.... kinda a joke
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Okay. As long as its not just me. Thanks. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah, I am getting the same thing.  About as expected - sooooooooooooooooo frigging dumb.  So dumb!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Yeah, not working for me either. I'm assuming it'll get straightened out. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    It is beyond ridiculous to have this even be a factor one day before tickets are needed.  I also assume it will get figured out...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I was able to save mine to my Google Pay app like 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I also screen shot my Tix, in case of any issues.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    I'm not having any luck either.  I either see that generic picture of tickets or it goes into a long loading loop... sigh...  Was hoping to load them to my google wallet before I crossed the border :(