Barcelona GA chaos

Comments

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Talk of this Barcelona GA line reminds me of the 10Club ticket pick up queue in Toronto's ACC in September 2011. The merchandise sales table was set up across the concourse from the 10C ticket will call windows. A number of 10C ticket queuers took it upon themselves to ignore the hundreds of people in the merchandise line and just move their way into the merchandise table sales. 

I thought Vedder mentioned if Pearl Jam was to be considered a religion, its one commandment would be don't be an a**hole; lets please heed this suggestion/commandment everyone. Enjoy the music everyone :)
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    bjgus said:
    Long time lurker here. I know this has been discussed at length, but somebody from 10 club needs to have more of leadership presence during ga line ups. Barcelona is very chaotic right now. People bouncing in and out of line, very strange impromptu bathroom queue, some getting merch others no. Locked Porta potties behind us. It is wreaking it for those who enjoy lining up early meeting people and sharing stories. I love GA, but let's clean it up please. End rant. Still having fun, anticipating great show! 
    Why does anything need to change? You said you are still having fun.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Worked amazingly well in prague and Krakow. 

Pjs Securitas even went by and asked ”any cheaters?”  
    Agreed.  Berlin worked well, too.  There was a bit of a hiccup when security mistakenly allowed a few 10C folks into the venue around noon, but they sorted it out and it worked perfectly.  Once we were queued up inside the security gate they gave us a hand stamp and allowed us to go back outside to visit the merch stand.  Only problem was the heat.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Worked amazingly well in prague and Krakow. 

Dude were you the guy holding a book in Krakow line up? Once we were brought inside to line up again you were in the small horseshoe part.  I remember you saying that you had a book or something on here and saw a guy with one. I was going to go up and ask if it was you but thought it was too random of me. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2018
    PJNB said:

Dude were you the guy holding a book in Krakow line up? Once we were brought inside to line up again you were in the small horseshoe part.  I remember you saying that you had a book or something on here and saw a guy with one. I was going to go up and ask if it was you but thought it was too random of me. 
    I had James Bond Dr NO, reissue with art from the film on the cover with me. Both to prague and Krakow but never got the chance to finish it. A small sized pocket. 

I have long dreads (that should be cut) and glasses...

EDIT:

This cover:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GP179117GP179117 Posts: 361
    Heard the number system was in play again today? 

who's running this number / list bullshit?   and why haven't they been punched in the face yet?  

is it the same person always or different every show?
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Who's cutting the line?!?
    Image result for angry goat
  • Who's cutting the line?!?
    Image result for angry goat

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    On the plus side, the meek shall inherit the earth.
    The meek shall inherit nothing . . .

F. Zappa
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ryph raph said:
    The meek shall inherit nothing . . .

F. Zappa
    Line cutters can “ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it up their poop chutes.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bjgusbjgus Posts: 17
    "Chaos" may have been a bit strong, just disorder between 6:30 and 7:30 before entering venue. There is always a little anxiety at this time because of line cutters. Still love the energy of GA, thanks Pearl Jam for a great night! 
    bjgus said:
    "Chaos" may have been a bit strong, just disorder between 6:30 and 7:30 before entering venue. There is always a little anxiety at this time because of line cutters. Still love the energy of GA, thanks Pearl Jam for a great night! 
    :plus_one:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Radiohead did a random draw.  You had to show up at the box office starting at 9am to get your random number.  Then, at 5pm you show up to get in line by number.  If you didn't give a shit you just show up and get in line later
    Similar to what Springsteen did. Numbered bands and a random number called out like a half hour or so before doors open and you line up that way. Would be nice for 10c to implement this. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Radiohead did a random draw.  You had to show up at the box office starting at 9am to get your random number.  Then, at 5pm you show up to get in line by number.  If you didn't give a shit you just show up and get in line later
    Similar to what Springsteen did. Numbered bands and a random number called out like a half hour or so before doors open and you line up that way. Would be nice for 10c to implement this. 
    I'm sure that whoever has to clean up after all the queuers would appreciate something like this as well.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    It's weird to me that a group of 30 or 40 people can cut in front of a group comprising greater numbers without anybody sticking up for themselves or their fellow queuers.

So they've got that goin' for them ... 

... which is nice....

This weekend we rock Portland
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Seems like a great idea. I hope they go to this someday. 
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited July 2018
    It’s probably the same entitled fans over and over. Same shit happens in the US of A. They should get rid of GA.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yeah.  Im all in on the randomized line method.  

I would also like for them (for US shows) to randomize reserved vs GA and you only find out when you pick up your tickets.  
    It’s probably the same entitled fans over and over. Same shit happens in the US of A. They should get rid of GA.
    There was no problems (that I saw) in Prague or Krakow. And I've heard it worked great in Berlin too.

But maybe these "entitles fans" skipped those shows?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    MayDay10 said:

I would also like for them (for US shows) to randomize reserved vs GA and you only find out when you pick up your tickets.  
    Don't forget randomizing what shows you get tickets to.

A great way for people to being forced to visit new cities and countries and see the world.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    There was no problems (that I saw) in Prague or Krakow. And I've heard it worked great in Berlin too.

I think the GA lines are a problem more often than not. Of course there are exceptions and times where everything GA ends up being fine. The 10C has had to make numerous statements over the years about this. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MayDay10 said:

A great way for people to being forced to visit new cities and countries and see the world.
    Mandatory shows.  10c membership should be like enlisting in a military.  When you are needed, you answer the call
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Mandatory shows.  10c membership should be like enlisting in a military.  When you are needed, you answer the call
    Haha, isn't it de facto like that now? Felt forced to go to Prague and Krakow. It was out of my control. I knew I had to. :P
    edited July 2018

I think the GA lines are a problem more often than not. Of course there are exceptions and times where everything GA ends up being fine. The 10C has had to make numerous statements over the years about this. 
    There has been problems with numbered lists and people starting fascist rule over the line in the past yes.

But lets see how this tour fare overall. Seems to me the stern removal of numbers from tenclub and PJ security being more involved (asking for cheaters, removing people forcing themselves in front in the pit before show etc) have solved some problems. At least that is how I felt.

So maybe Barcelona (and Rome?) is more outlier than Prague/Krakow/Berlin?

• dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Spiritual_Chaos said:

Prague was ok but don't know about Krakow. I think security mishandled the line around those picnic tables and a twenty or so people got where they didn't belong. There was a huge uproar but in the end they just let it be. I wasn't even pissed that some people got in front of me, more like embarrassed that I'm part of a group of adults who can't behave, hehe.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429

I agree, Krakow especially were really good. I've done 5 gigs in last month, all in GA, lined up for 4, please don't swap this for seats! Having the time of my life!!!
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I have been in the GA line for the following shows: AMS 1-2, Padova, Roma, Berlin, Barcelona. The line has been always managed by the same people (Chad the Canadian and Jason the Australian and their crew). They started the line two days before the shows.  Basically they control the GA line everywhere since fall 2014 and their control has become more intense after the 2015 Latin american tour.
    The 10c security people (in particular Chris) trust them as revealed by the complete delegation to them of tasks concerning the management of the line. The problem is that these people take care only of the first 50 persons in line. I also find annoying that Ed sees the same persons in front of him every night. I would encourage 10c to select randomly people in the front as well as managing the line with their people.
  • jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Radiohead figured out how to handle GA in Chicago... Numbered wristbands like Southwest Airlines gate lineups. More reason I love reserved seating. Get there anytime and my seat will be there. Same spot all day with better views for my short self and less possibility of people bumping into me. I'll never understand why people love GA.
    Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I don't understand why people complaining about the same people being first row and on the same time they want time to explore new cities, have beers etc. I mean if you want to be there in front of Eddie then you should probably sacrifice some of your time or other things you wanted to do. I loved GA in Prague, everything went so calm, I had one my best PJ experiences being 3rd row.
    The real issue for me is when people don't respect each other and trying to cheat. Fortunately my experience had nothing to do with cheaters but only wonderful people respecting each other while queuing or during the show. This is not a 10C problem though so I don't think they should police the lines. Just respect each other, it's so simple or you don't belong to this community.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018