Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology 7 LP

Comments

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    MedozK said:
    Volume 2 Boxset is back in stock
    Must resist- only really want wallflowers....must resist 
    If you only want Wildflowers, I’d hold out. It’s inevitable it gets an individual release at some point soon. All depends on how patient you are.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    MedozK said:
    If you only want Wildflowers, I’d hold out. It’s inevitable it gets an individual release at some point soon. All depends on how patient you are.
    Yes, it will for sure get an individual release. They've already said this. I assume that Tom's death is what has kept it from happening already. The way they're singled out that album to not release individually worries me a bit though. Why did they do that? What overblown plans do they have for it?? I just want a nice 1LP album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    Yes, it will for sure get an individual release. They've already said this. I assume that Tom's death is what has kept it from happening already. The way they're singled out that album to not release individually worries me a bit though. Why did they do that? What overblown plans do they have for it?? I just want a nice 1LP album.
    I agree, but Tom had plans for the reissue and that involved the other half of the double album that was never released. So I'm guessing they are following through with his vision. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    I agree, but Tom had plans for the reissue and that involved the other half of the double album that was never released. So I'm guessing they are following through with his vision. 
    Oh, I didn't know about that. Well shit, if it's released as a double album I'll be really really happy!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Definitely all 140 gram represses. Just got email from soundstage apologizing.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    Oh, I didn't know about that. Well shit, if it's released as a double album I'll be really really happy!!!!
    Ya basically an entire new album for us but consisting on 1990s material
    Zod said:
    If it is a repress, I'll have wished I'd waited a bit for a better price and/or availability in Canada.   I'm still pretty stoked to get one as I missed it the first time around.
    Its a repress, cancelled mine from soundstage.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    MedozK said:
    Where did you see them?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Where did you see them?
    Music Direct
    https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/tom-petty-the-complete-studio-albums-vol-2-180g-vinyl-12lp-box-set
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Where did you see them?
    Music Direct
    https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/tom-petty-the-complete-studio-albums-vol-2-180g-vinyl-12lp-box-set
    Ah, thanks, i found it on Amazon too, they have cheap shipping to Canada too
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    was a bit bummed to find out it was a repress.  I imagine it will now show on Amazon.ca in a reasonable amount of canadian dollars.  I paid  $130 USD (including shipping for it).   Plus I got hit was a $30 brokerage fee (which isn't horrible, considering how bad ups would of charged).   Still, I'd been trying to find the set for years and it was out of reach..... still I'm cheap.. and should of waited for all the info :)
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Where did you see them?
    Music Direct
    For some reason amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada for this set. 
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:
    Where did you see them?
    Music Direct
    For some reason amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada for this set. 
    Sorry, that was referring to the complete set vol 2. The line anthology i got through Amazon.com marketplace, your right that .com wont ship directly, not sure why but marketplace did and shipping was only $3.99.
     I also have Amzon.com on record that all taxes and duty will be covered or they will refund them! 
     We'll see lol

Lol good luck with that. 
    I was hoping that amazon.ca would have gotten some of these live sets in stock. Sometime the Canadian store is last to get things though so it could still happen. I'd like to grab a second copy to keep sealed for my collection.
    edited July 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    If it is a repress, I'll have wished I'd waited a bit for a better price and/or availability in Canada.   I'm still pretty stoked to get one as I missed it the first time around.
    Make sure if you don't have it... still pick it up if your a fan... Sounds GREAT!

Best deal I have seen so far is $113 from CCMusic... might have to pick up a second copy for that.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Make sure if you don't have it... still pick it up if your a fan... Sounds GREAT!

Best deal I have seen so far is $113 from CCMusic... might have to pick up a second copy for that.
    Hoping it’s still available in a week or 2....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:

Yeah that’s what I found it for.  I don’t care too much that it’s a repress because I’m sure I’ll like the set anyway.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    I got mine from CCMusic in record time.  While I did get hit with brokerage, it seemed pretty reasonable.   DHL charged me $10.50+tax for brokerage.   Then the actual tax was just under 16.   Boxset was $130 USD which was arond 160cdn.    I got the thing in days opposed to weeks with USPS.

Why don't more companies use DHL?   UPS assrapes you with brokerage charges.  FedEx is similar.  DHL ships way faster than the government postal services, but chargues a similar fee and brokerage....   I'm impressed.
    Got my volume 2 boxset from Music Direct today. Packaged well, and Wildflowers sounds great.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MedozK said:
    Got my volume 2 boxset from Music Direct today. Packaged well, and Wildflowers sounds great.
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Zod said:
    I got mine from CCMusic in record time.  While I did get hit with brokerage, it seemed pretty reasonable.   DHL charged me $10.50+tax for brokerage.   Then the actual tax was just under 16.   Boxset was $130 USD which was arond 160cdn.    I got the thing in days opposed to weeks with USPS.

Why don't more companies use DHL?   UPS assrapes you with brokerage charges.  FedEx is similar.  DHL ships way faster than the government postal services, but chargues a similar fee and brokerage....   I'm impressed.
    Did you have a code? Its $125 plus $30 shipping for me.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I def don’t have $500 to spend on those two petty box sets but this live set is awesome.  Great package and it sounds fantastic.  It’s in the top tier of sets I own that’s for sure.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:

Did you have a code? Its $125 plus $30 shipping for me.
    I used JUNE20, which you would think would of expired at the end of june, but I put my order in a few days into July and it still worked.  If it has expired maybe they've got a new code for July.  It got me 20% off.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Countdown clock just appeared on his website: http://www.tompetty.com/
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    ohhhh my
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    ohhhh my
    Indeed
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Countdown to what though?
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Hopefully the wildflowers deluxe 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Hopefully the wildflowers deluxe 
    :hug:
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    concert from beyond the grave?