This hatred is happening in Australia...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited June 2018 in A Moving Train
https://tendaily.com.au/news/good-news/a180626pdb/busker-harassed-by-white-nationalists-returns-to-fed-square-20180626
And it is making me very sad.
What's even sadder is these thugs are being given support by many Australians.
What do you think? Is this kind of attire appropriate in front of children? I don't see the difference to that and wearing swimwear on the beach or acrobats or weightlifters or wrestlers wearing similar attire. I don't know but this world is going mad or am I mad and everyone is right?
For example... https://www.facebook.com/futurenowaustralia/  .... under post "WAS BLAIR COTTRELL RIGHT?"

Opinion piece... https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/blair-cottrell-and-the-problem-of-male-aggression-20180626-p4znw3.html

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    disgusting piece of excrement. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    https://tendaily.com.au/news/good-news/a180626pdb/busker-harassed-by-white-nationalists-returns-to-fed-square-20180626
    What do you think? Is this kind of attire appropriate in front of children? I don't see the difference to that and wearing swimwear on the beach or acrobats or weightlifters or wrestlers wearing similar attire. I don't know but this world is going mad or am I mad and everyone is right?
    For example... https://www.facebook.com/futurenowaustralia/  .... under post "WAS BLAIR COTTRELL RIGHT?"

Opinion piece... https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/blair-cottrell-and-the-problem-of-male-aggression-20180626-p4znw3.html

There is hatred everywhere I'm afraid ... 

Give Peas A Chance…

don't you think it has increased in the last year and a half? or is the media just reporting it more?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    sad to see, but yeah, racism is everywhere.  At least you have some sensible gun laws, mate.

don't you think it has increased in the last year and a half? or is the media just reporting it more?
    That's a great question.  I honestly don't know.  I was alluding to the fact that hate is hard to avoid anywhere.  If it's increased anywhere, then I would say in the US for sure.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    oh, and the dude looks just like Trump. wonderful
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018

I think it's increased in terms of actually revealing itself at least - I'm not sure the actual sentiment has increased. All the racists are just feeling empowered now so are being more open about it. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's increased in terms of actually revealing itself at least - I'm not sure the actual sentiment has increased. All the racists are just feeling empowered now so are being more open about it. 
    yes, sorry, that's what I meant. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Uptight, hateful white guys.  Disgusting.  You know, the truth is they are fearful, insecure, sexually repressed, and stupid as shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    Uptight, hateful white guys.  Disgusting.  You know, the truth is they are fearful, insecure, sexually repressed, and stupid as shit.
    my guess is that they are sexually repressed because many are closet homosexual.  sad way to live.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    my guess is that they are sexually repressed because many are closet homosexual.  sad way to live.
    #truth

most white guys I know are gay.  Shit, I know I am.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    Hey, don’t respond to my comments.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    If you don't want me responding to your comments, stop commenting. I'll ignore you when I feel like it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    brianlux said:
    I couldn't agree with you more.  I take my Jeep to a garage owned from Iraqi Christians that immigrated to Canada once ISIS started their brutality.  I've never been treated better by a mechanic.  People are people ... there are shitty people of all colour and RELIGION.
    Give Peas A Chance…

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    If you don't want me responding to your comments, stop commenting. I'll ignore you when I feel like it.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    I always say don't mess with PJS...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    I couldn't agree with you more.  I take my Jeep to a garage owned from Iraqi Christians that immigrated to Canada once ISIS started their brutality.  I've never been treated better by a mechanic.  People are people ... there are shitty people of all colour and RELIGION.
    True.  And good people of all color and religions (and the non-religious and atheists too!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

only fat blonde white guys

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    #truth

What a weird comment.
    I always say don't mess with PJS...
    you do? do your friends know who she is?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I feel like this hatred of the left has increased dramatically in the past year or two.
    What saddens me the most is that many women support Blair Cottrell and his views.
    This is a man who traumatised his ex-girlfriend and her new partner with a tomahawk and set fire to her new partner's property.
    He openly has stated his anti-women views as per the two quotes below (source: http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/?p=38730).
    Yet women still support this POS? I don't understand. All comments on his Facebook page and the Future Now Australia are so homophobic, transphobic and anti-Muslim.

"Women have manipulated me using sex and emotion; demoralization, and I have manipulated them using violence and terror. We use what we have to get what we want."

"
    In an ideal world, but women are not the puzzle modern times make them out to be. They are attracted to strength, so if you cherish them and pay all your attention to them they will think you’re just a little bitch and you’ll end up the cuck. To them what is strong is self-reliant, care-free and physically solid. Care less about them and even crack them around the ear every once in a while and this sort of thing never eventuates, I learned this the hard way. But beware the modern ‘careerist’ woman who doesn’t want kids and thinks she is equal to men, these women are delusional and extremely hard to handle."
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I feel like this hatred of the left has increased dramatically in the past year or two.
    What saddens me the most is that many women support Blair Cottrell and his views.
    This is a man who traumatised his ex-girlfriend and her new partner with a tomahawk and set fire to her new partner's property.
    He openly has stated his anti-women views as per the two quotes below (source: http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/?p=38730).
    Yet women still support this POS? I don't understand. All comments on his Facebook page and the Future Now Australia are so homophobic, transphobic and anti-Muslim.

"Women have manipulated me using sex and emotion; demoralization, and I have manipulated them using violence and terror. We use what we have to get what we want."

"In an ideal world, but women are not the puzzle modern times make them out to be. They are attracted to strength, so if you cherish them and pay all your attention to them they will think you’re just a little bitch and you’ll end up the cuck. To them what is strong is self-reliant, care-free and physically solid. Care less about them and even crack them around the ear every once in a while and this sort of thing never eventuates, I learned this the hard way. But beware the modern ‘careerist’ woman who doesn’t want kids and thinks she is equal to men, these women are delusional and extremely hard to handle."
    at least he admits he is weaker than a woman who knows she's equal to men. 

"crack them around the ear every once in a while". hopefully at some point someone charges him with assault and he will go away and then he'll be someone's bitch. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

One of these far right people supportive of Blair and his True Blue Crew messaged me yesterday on Facebook.
    I engaged in conversation and regret it as it is one hour of my life I will never get back.

He started off by asking me if I am a pedophile. There was nothing to indicate or hint or slightly suggest this to be the case.
    He then said I am selfish, a traitor, that I hate white people, that I hate myself, that asylum seekers are not in danger, the Syrian war is over and there is no danger to children there, who cares about children of Syria as it's only men being hurt there, that "The UN is a corrupt organisation with one agenda only. To violate the rights of soverign nations and bring tjem under their control", that I care for other people's children and not my own, I only care about my own image as a social justice warrior, I don't have any purpose and am a traitor to my own kind, I hate white skin thus myself, I am ashamed of myself, I suffer white guilt, I project my own self hatred on the world.

He ended the conversation by saying that he hope he gave me some perspective.
    One of these far right people supportive of Blair and his True Blue Crew messaged me yesterday on Facebook.
    I engaged in conversation and regret it as it is one hour of my life I will never get back.

He started off by asking me if I am a pedophile. There was nothing to indicate or hint or slightly suggest this to be the case.
    He then said I am selfish, a traitor, that I hate white people, that I hate myself, that asylum seekers are not in danger, the Syrian war is over and there is no danger to children there, who cares about children of Syria as it's only men being hurt there, that "The UN is a corrupt organisation with one agenda only. To violate the rights of soverign nations and bring tjem under their control", that I care for other people's children and not my own, I only care about my own image as a social justice warrior, I don't have any purpose and am a traitor to my own kind, I hate white skin thus myself, I am ashamed of myself, I suffer white guilt, I project my own self hatred on the world.

In this case I take it "friend"  as in "Facebook Friend" is a bit of a stretch, lol.  You have better friends here!

brianlux said:

In this case I take it "friend"  as in "Facebook Friend" is a bit of a stretch, lol.  You have better friends here!
    He's not a Facebook friend at all. 
    Everything he accused me of had no evidence to support.
    All I did was defend ethnic minorities and gay/trans people online.
    brianlux said:

He's not a Facebook friend at all. 
    Everything he accused me of had no evidence to support.
    All I did was defend ethnic minorities and gay/trans people online.
    Sounds like he is the one with some problems/ hang ups.

Yep. He was calling me delusional for my beliefs lol.
    I kept asking him for evidence that the UN is corrupt and that children are not affected by war in Syria.
    He could not provide it but what he said was that is common knowledge.
    These far right idiots lack critical thinking skills.
    He also warned me to be careful about what I say, seemed to be threatening to me.
    I kept asking him for evidence that the UN is corrupt and that children are not affected by war in Syria.
    He also warned me to be careful about what I say, seemed to be threatening to me.
    Yikes!  Sounds like someone to ignore!

The UN is corrupt ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The UN is corrupt ... 
    In general, for a while, or recently?

Otherwise just calling the UN corrupt-- maybe that's a bit over-reaching? 

Sure, there have been several accurate criticisms over the years, but even still, all but its staunchest critics acknowledge that a lot of good has come out of the UN.  I'd say it has good bones but a number of week joints. 

Most of the criticisms I've heard that don't acknowledge any of the good things about the UN have come from fundamentalist Christians who rant on about how the UN is doing the devil's work trying to build a one nation world run by Satan (or something like that). 

I think the UN has potential to do a lot of good.  Maybe we ought to insist on that more and support those who do.

brianlux said:
    The UN is corrupt ... 
    In general, for a while, or recently?

Otherwise just calling the UN corrupt-- maybe that's a bit over-reaching? 

Sure, there have been several accurate criticisms over the years, but even still, all but its staunchest critics acknowledge that a lot of good has come out of the UN.  I'd say it has good bones but a number of week joints. 

Most of the criticisms I've heard that don't acknowledge any of the good things about the UN have come from fundamentalist Christians who rant on about how the UN is doing the devil's work trying to build a one nation world run by Satan (or something like that). 

I think the UN has potential to do a lot of good.  Maybe we ought to insist on that more and support those who do.
    The UN is corrupt ... thats all....
    Give Peas A Chance…