TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    rangers72 said:
    Personally pissed off with this,this is my familys summer holiday and it would have been both my daughters first shows and they are utterly devastated.When will i be able to get my money back for tickets as i will use the money to take them to something else.
    I can understand being disappointed but "pissed off"?  He has no voice and therefore cannot sing. What do you expect them to do, he barley made it through last nights show.

Get well soon Ed!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Chazz said:
    Do you think we still need to pick up tickets today for rescheduled date? 
    I would like to know this too!
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hey well Ed! Sorry to those who travelled there for the show, hope it works out and out at least enjoy London!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    2.5  hours of Mankind! 
    Don’t Gimme No Lip for the encore!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    goldrush said:
    2.5  hours of Mankind! 
    Don’t Gimme No Lip for the encore!
    don't forget about Sweet Lew
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,084
    Chazz said:
    Ive just been told that box office is not giving the out tickets anyway.
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    Box office never opened.  When it was cancelled at 210ish.  There were probably 600 people in line. 
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    2.5  hours of Mankind! 
    with a red dot encore
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    It’s one of risk of back to back dates.
    Having attending to the first four shows, It’s clear that Eddie’s voice was getting worse.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    edited June 2018
    First time ever in band history that a show has been canceled/postponed due to illness. This alone is an amazing stat for the band considering the amount of tours they have delivered since their inception. This must have been an extremely difficult decision to make for the band. I can only imagine how they feel knowing how quite disappointing this is to some fans who have made tons of arrangements to make this show. Get better Ed. Rest up, as we all know you are going to "comeback" stronger than ever to finish off this tour strong. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Where's Neil Young when you need him?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    edited June 2018
    Let Stone sing!!! Let Stone sing!!!!

Joking aside hope it’s nothing serious. Doesn’t look good though. 

Get well soon Ed. 
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    It’s one of risk of back to back dates.
    Having attending to the first four shows, It’s clear that Eddie’s voice was getting worse.
    It is weird that they space out all the stadium shows with a day off in between.  I assumed was to take care of Ed's voice, but the euro tour had back to back dates, so I wasn't sure they they were different.  It's rough though.  I've had to do public speaking when I've come down with a sore throat/cold and it makes it exponentially worse.   Instead of having it for a few days, you end up having it for a week kind of thing.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I'm glad they decided to take care of Ed's voice.
    It's far better to allow it time to heal rather than taking a chance on damaging it further.

Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    It's all the screaming he's doing walking around the house cursing Trump. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jromejrome Posts: 69
    Health first for sure.  Gone are the days of Eddie thrashing his voice at Penn st. and then grinding it out the next night in Hershey.

• aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Can we really expect a postponement ? I am considering the logistics and the amount of stuff to arrange in a matter of days (trucks, planes, hotels, booking the venue, refund tickets for the ones that cannot make to a new date, etc.)...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    It's all the screaming he's doing walking around the house cursing Trump. 
    HaHaHa! I pictured him doing it and dang.....laughed so hard.  Thanks for that!!
  • SB51117SB51117 Posts: 39
    A few Manics tickets are currently online at the RFH Website (just booked :-) , and the Struts tickets are still on sale. Should also be able to pick up Stones tickets at or below (the very high!) face value near show time
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Hey Santos ... maybe a London EV Mumford poster drop today than?

=)

• wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Chazz said:
    Chazz said:
    Ive just been told that box office is not giving the out tickets anyway.
    Thank you so much for the info!
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    KC138045 said:
    rangers72 said:
    Personally pissed off with this,this is my familys summer holiday and it would have been both my daughters first shows and they are utterly devastated.When will i be able to get my money back for tickets as i will use the money to take them to something else.
    I can understand being disappointed but "pissed off"?  He has no voice and therefore cannot sing. What do you expect them to do, he barley made it through last nights show.

Get well soon Ed!!!
    LET STONE SING! 

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    LukinFan said:
    Where's Neil Young when you need him?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Can we really expect a postponement ? I am considering the logistics and the amount of stuff to arrange in a matter of days (trucks, planes, hotels, booking the venue, refund tickets for the ones that cannot make to a new date, etc.)...

Yes, I think a new date is quite certain. Yes, it involves quite a bit of planning in a short time but if the intention is there it can often be resolved. They already bought themselves some time by stating that a rescheduled show will likely take place mid-July (so after the Euro tour was supposed to end in Lisbon).
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    For the people that traveled to London to see the show, it's not as if, despite their disappointment, they can't do some sight-seeing instead.  London is a big city with lots to do!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679

Yes, I think a new date is quite certain. Yes, it involves quite a bit of planning in a short time but if the intention is there it can often be resolved. They already bought themselves some time by stating that a rescheduled show will likely take place mid-July (so after the Euro tour was supposed to end in Lisbon).
    Tue, Weds, Thurs and Fri are all currently free at the O2 for w/c 16th July as well. Should work out nicely.
    justam said:
    For the people that traveled to London to see the show, it's not as if, despite their disappointment, they can't do some sight-seeing instead.  London is a big city with lots to do!

• mcgrawd2mcgrawd2 Posts: 33
    I would have been very disappointed if I had gone to London but there are worse places to be. One of the great cities of the world. Stones are playing tonight, David Byrne. I would certainly make the best of it.
    Was the show sold out? 

I have my vaccation in mid/late july...
  • paulomaxpaulomax Posts: 54
    How will the refund be processed?
    Consired foreign people, with logístics, planes, hotels, jobs to work at home. It's not easy to deal...
    Spin, Spin!!
    Spin The Black Circle!!

Viva la Vinyl
This discussion has been closed.