Pearl Jam
Pinkpop
Landgraaf, NL
June 15, 2018
Set List

Band Onstage: 9:36
Band Offstage: 11:47
band walks on with no music

01. Interstellar Overdrive-(Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright)
02. Corduroy
03. Why Go
04. Do The Evolution
05. Red Mosquito
(Ed greets audience and talks about the first time they played Pinkpop.  Matt was there with Soundgarden. Back then Ed “didn’t know the difference between Dutch and Danish, I was never very good at geometry, but thanks to being invited back so many times I do and love everybody”)
06. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
07. Even Flow
(“You know, back in the day there used to be Russia and the Red Menace. Now we have a lighter shade. We have to watch out for the Orange Menace.”)
08. Can’t Deny Me
09. Given To Fly
10. Mind Your Manners
11.  Lightning Bolt
12. Daughter / Suggestion-(MacKay) band is Fugazi) / Another Brick In The Wall-(Waters) (Short tags less than 1 min each.  “Brick” has line changed to “Fellas leave those girls alone” to match with the theme of the Fugazi lyric)
(This one starts off like a fairy tale but ends up in a nightmare)
13.  Once
14. Hail Hail
(Ed checks on the audience.  “you know you can’t just do this anywhere in the world and be sure people are safe…)
15. Nothing Man
16. Better Man / Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) (only sings the “Don’t run away” line. Lasts about 20 seconds)
17.  Lukin
(Rob, this is for you! Rob is  boom cameraman from the ’92 Pinkpop festival that Ed dove from and he is at the show tonight.  During the instrumental break Ed goes looking for him)
18. Porch (Ed goes to the barricade)

Encore Break One
19. Jeremy
20. Black
(Something important happen to me today and it is important because of this place.  Ed talks about moving from a small club like Melkweg to Pinkpop and how far away the crowd was.  He tells the story about jumping from the camera boom and he thought the cameraman hated him.  Ed asked if it would be possible to find the guy. They do and Rob (the cameraman tells Ed he wasn’t mad he just needed people to balance the boom.  Ed is relieved that Rob wasn’t mad and that they were working together.  So Thank You Rob!!!)
21. Rearviewmirror
22. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
23. Alive
24. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young) (Let’s keep having birthdays, because this generation and next generation can keep this ship, earth, floating.  Same sex couples, women’s rights, (more) all great. And these trumps and mini trumps are poisonous mushrooms daring us to eat them…)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    WHAT A GREAT SET AND FUN..THE STORY WITH THE CAMERAMAN WAS EPIC!
    THANKS SEA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TreesmotherTreesmother Netherlands Posts: 24
    A great set indeed, and what a great show. Next Krakow for me.
    Instagram: Treesmother
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Really strong festival set. After the set everyone got at Amsterdam 2 the two London shows coming up should be a real treat!  
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Decent and enjoyable festival set!

I didn’t really say anything about this because I thought it sounded silly considering they have performed at PinkPop since, but I really wanted to see them mention and give tribute to arguably the best show they ever gave, and Ed’s shirt and his cameraman story did the trick!

Lots of fun! Thanks Sea for the Fanviews as always!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    Fun show and festival.  My first festival experience. Seemed to be really well run and the crowd seemed well mannered considering the amount of people. Organized chaos at its best. 
    PJ was great as usual.  Eddies seemed to be struggling to hit some notes.  Hey He couldn’t finish NothingMan,Jeremy and Alive.  Not complaint just an observation. Off to London now and then back to Boston. 
  • cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    Great show overall! Beautiful setting, Mike had one of those nights.

ok setlist, but would they know visitors of European festivals are familiair with other albums besides ten?

2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Attended with three first time PJ viewers and totally non fans. Two ended up not liking the show and one became a fan who will download all PJ songs.

I loved the show. Shorter and sweeter then sets I’ve seen before of PJ . Crowd not so great, with most only knowing the Songs from Ten. Being at the back due to running over from watching the offspring, obviously affected who I was standing beside. Closer would have been more fans of all songs. 

The tribute to their iconic 92 performance here was cool and I noticed ed’s tivoli t shirt right away. A nice touch 

• FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    nalyd61 said:
    Fun show and festival.  My first festival experience. Seemed to be really well run and the crowd seemed well mannered considering the amount of people. Organized chaos at its best. 
    PJ was great as usual.  Eddies seemed to be struggling to hit some notes.  Hey He couldn’t finish NothingMan,Jeremy and Alive.  Not complaint just an observation. Off to London now and then back to Boston. 
    You know this is becoming more and more necessary to say... Not a complaint just an observation. I was going to say something regarding the set, and reconsidered because I am tired of having to announce that my statement is not meant to be negative.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Because changing opinions in Landgraaf will help flip the House.
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    From the pit, the show was very pleasant. The stage was sufficiently high but not too much and the sound was great.
    The public was essentially composed of casual fans (at least where I was) I have enjoyed the fact that there has been no pushing, I have been able to be fully focused on the show.
    The band seems to be in a great mood, Stone even nearly jumped during DTE.
    The setlist was conventional, Red mosquito being the only deep cut. For the ones that have attended the 3 Dutch dates, there is probably a little disappointment about the setlist. However, I think that the setlist was well thought and executed for casual fans.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44
    The show was great, got to be in the first row on Mike's side right in front of Mike. Met so many cool people during that day! The highlight for me was Porch when Eddie came down to the audience and I was lucky enough to hold his hand, gave him a polaroid picture I took at the beginning of the show and it fell on the ground! He stopped grabed it, thanked me and ran further on, such an amazing person.
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    edited June 2018

Post edited by RideRick on
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    He feels so forgiven :bee:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • excowboyexcowboy Posts: 12
    The setlist was conventional, Red mosquito being the only deep cut. For the ones that have attended the 3 Dutch dates, there is probably a little disappointment about the setlist. However, I think that the setlist was well thought and executed for casual fans.
    I'd disagree with this part.  Hail Hail and Nothingman don't get played all that much these days.  Plus there was Sonic Reducer!  Hellooooo? :)  Sadly, they did mess up Hail Hail pretty badly, think Jeff was in the wrong key...  Just listening to the bootleg, and it's a pretty good show.