Eddie Vedder contributes unreleased instrumental music to Return to Mount Kennedy

raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
edited January 2019 in The Porch
Eddie Vedder is contributing unreleased instrumental music to Return to Mount Kennedy, a new documentary premiering at the Telluride Mountainfilm festival on May 25. Read more at http://www.pearljamonline.it/en/eddie-vedder-unreleased-music-to-return-to-mount-kennedy/
"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
pearljamonline.it
Post edited by raindog80 on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Sweet!!

In 1965 Jim Whittaker led Senator Robert Kennedy to the first ascent of a remote mountain in the Yukon named after the late president, JFK. Fifty years later, the sons of the original climbing team—a raucous band manager, a candidate for governor, and a young mountaineer—embark on an expedition to the mountain to celebrate the special bond that connects them all. Featuring unreleased insturmentals by Eddie Vedder and never before seen footage and photos of Robert Kennedy, the feature-length documentary sits at the intersection of politics, human rights, environmentalism and adventure.

mtkennedy.com

Directed by Eric Becker
    Produced by Ripple Mountain & We Are Shouting
    Edited by Andrew Franks
    Original Music by Eddie Vedder

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Yowzahs! :clap:
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    "I guess the wild places have a way of bringing us back...to who we are." 
    Very true
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    I guess we all grow up... Eddie's like... yeaaaahhh I don't know. Pfft. 
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Very eager to see this film!
    "A beacon on dry land"

Listen for Ed's original music featured in the new documentary, Return to Mount Kennedy, out on May 25. 

The documentary follows the sons of former senator Robert F. Kennedy and mountain climber Jim Whittaker as they make the same climb as their fathers had done fifty years before.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1648782598509176&id=241781485875968

Return To Mount Kennedy Poster

In 1965 Jim Whittaker led Senator Robert Kennedy to the first ascent of a remote mountain in the Yukon named after the late president, JFK. Fifty years later, the sons of the original climbing team—a raucous band manager, a candidate for governor, and a young mountaineer—embark on an expedition to the mountain to celebrate the special bond that connects them all. Featuring unreleased insturmentals by Eddie Vedder and never before seen footage and photos of Robert Kennedy, the feature-length documentary sits at the intersection of politics, human rights, environmentalism and adventure.

• silvosilvo Posts: 283
    Whatever happened to the music Ed wrote for 'Out of The Furnace' which was supposed to be amazing. Do we think the music on this could be from those writing sessions?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,849
    demetrios said:

mtkennedy.com

Directed by Eric Becker
    Produced by Ripple Mountain & We Are Shouting
    Edited by Andrew Franks
    Original Music by Eddie Vedder

I have the Time Life magazine with this story on it.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    I wonder which band member will provide music to the forthcoming documentary Return To Chappaquiddick 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

silvo said:
    Whatever happened to the music Ed wrote for 'Out of The Furnace' which was supposed to be amazing. Do we think the music on this could be from those writing sessions?
    It's in the Vault. I would say new music to this soundtrack. 

‘Return to Mt. Kennedy’ Trailer

In 1965, mountaineer Jim Whittaker guided Senator Bobby Kennedy up his brother’s namesake mountain. It would be the start of the duo's committed friendship. In 2015, Jim’s sons, Bobby (who’s named after, you guessed it, the senator) and Leif, teamed up with Chris Kennedy to repeat their fathers’ historic 1965 ascent. This is the trailer for Return to Mt. Kennedyfrom filmmaker Eric Becker. The full film will premiere at Mountainfilm 2018

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    edited May 2018
    "What we need in the United States is not division; what we need in the United States is not hatred; but is love, and wisdom, and compassion toward one another"

that was 50 years ago. the more things change, the more things stay the same. be good to each other this weekend, and beyond.

radplanet Saw this again last night under an almost-full moon, in a public park, under a blanket of still-visible stars with dozens of strangers and friends. #soproud! Who knew this mountain-climbing rockumentary about daddy issues featuring some Kennedys and Eddie Vedder would be such a heart-tickling, knee-slapping, tear-spilling work of art?!
    https://crosscut.com/2018/05/when-bobby-kennedy-and-jim-whittaker-climbed-mountain

If you’re 38, you’re probably too young to be an original grunge fan. You would have been 12 or so, right?

Even though I was 12 years old, I was a huge Nirvana fan. I was a huge Mudhoney fan. I was a huge Pearl Jam fan. I had two different situations where I was at Eddie Vedder’s house, showing him pieces of the film and doing the interview with him, which was very surreal. To have one of these guys who was, like, a musical hero of yours giving you music for your film was a career-defining moment. He’s really good friends with Bob. I mean, they’re buddies. I didn’t know how connected Bob was to the grunge world until we really started to edit the film.

edited June 2018
    Thanks to everyone who came out to our screening in Kirkland last weekend. We were thrilled to have Eddie Vedder join us for our Q&A. Looking forward to seeing people this Saturday and Sunday in Seattle.

https://www.facebook.com/1485371978258926/posts/1603699503092839/

Post edited by demetrios on
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 691
    Patiently awaiting EV material for Out of the Furnace

*UPDATE* Advanced tickets are sold out! Some tickets may be available at the door.

Join us for our Saturday June 9th Screening of Return to Mt. Kennedy at SIFF.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    silvo said:
    Going by the themes and mood of the film -- I would kill to hear these.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Hope they release the soundtrack on a physical format.
    Anyone hear any updates to the official release & soundtrack?
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    LukinAtU said:
    Patiently awaiting EV material for Out of the Furnace
    Still waiting.............c’mon already, it’s already ready for release!!!!!!!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16

mtkennedyfilm

Bobby Whittaker enjoying a leisurely boat ride off beautiful West Seattle with his pal Eddie Vedder. #seattle #grunge #inventedgrunge #westseattle #eddievedder #pearljam #mtkennedyfilm #archival #docfilm #rockgods

mtkennedyfilm

@miss.printed We’re working on a soundtrack with @subpop. Stay tuned!

Hope SubPop releases this on vinyl. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    demetrios said:
    Hope SubPop releases this on vinyl. 
    + CD & MP3! :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024