psst....5/24/2018

2»

Comments

• offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    Oh man Trieste is one I always really wanted, just seeing this so missed it obviously.  Anyone know how fast that one went?
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Oh man Trieste is one I always really wanted, just seeing this so missed it obviously.  Anyone know how fast that one went?
    All went pretty quick!

Not a zippo...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    reminds me I have 4 zippos in my drawers from the last EV euro tour...
    Brisk. said:
    Not a Brazil zippo...

A Brazippo!  Haha!!
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

Are we getting close to an EV mystery box again....?

Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Brisk. said:
    Not a Brazil zippo...

A Brazippo!  Haha!!

Maybe a Brazilian
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PP193448 said:

Don't give up hope Chris, there is an UNforseeable future that has not been addressed :)
    Plus it’s wasn’t differentiated if it was the near future, distal future, or sometime in between...  so it might drop tomorrow???
    Perhaps they're "upcoming". ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    PSUS2H said:

The mystery boxes were cool & all but I would so like to see 10club bring back those mystery bags. Those were pretty freaking sweet! Each one of those bags included these wicked balls.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:

The mystery boxes were cool & all but I would so like to see 10club bring back those mystery bags. Those were pretty freaking sweet! Each one of those bags included these wicked balls.

I got one of those with the last mystery boxes. No clue where it is as my kids played with it everyday for weeks. 
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:

Not a zippo...
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    It’s funny I could tell which posters dropped here by looking at newly listed on eBay before I even check here. 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

wicked balls < Brazhippo
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s funny I could tell which posters dropped here by looking at newly listed on eBay before I even check here. 
    The funnier thing is the fact the seller is asking $200.  Then you look at the last sold... $38  Someone will probably pay it, though
    edited May 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    The funnier thing is the fact the seller is asking $200.  Then you look at the last sold... $38  Someone will probably pay it, though
    That's got to be the Trieste.  That never caught on in value.

Also not a lot of Sao Paolo Mumfords.  That's a good thing and people are actually keeping them!
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m so happy I’m out of the poster scene dude. It’s disgraceful imo. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    What cracks me up is people who lose their shit over not getting a poster. Dude, it's going to be okay.. So good on you for being able to walk away
  • edited May 2018
    Not a zippo...
    haha you guys are going to drive SLH nuts and make us pay for it by the 10c releasing a new EV zippo for every future show, appearance and trip to the can to get rid of some Corona....maybe it's time to pay some of the wifey's med bills with my 9 zippos LOL
    Dibs!!!

I mean...Dibs please...kind sir...
    Post edited by Caught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightning on
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    What cracks me up is people who lose their shit over not getting a poster. Dude, it's going to be okay.. So good on you for being able to walk away
    I was one of those honestly. I would refresh the pages all day. And then one day I was looking all all the poster thinking WTF? I go so deep I was getting posters that I didn’t even like, which is insane. I sold off most and kept the killers for myself that I’ll always love. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    PJ 2014 Denver would be cool to see in the shop :hug:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Moline and dan mumford London poster today? Hahaha
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 691
    Possibly Pitt 2013 too
  • tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    Doubt anything drops today, Santos is probably getting ready to start his weekend
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited May 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess everyone has their "thing"....I really have tried to just pick up posters from shows that I attend, although I am guilty of occasionally buying a poster from 10C that I like for one reason or another--but that probably represents 5 or 6 of the posters that I have.  I try to get them at "big" shows (PJ, DMB, Jack White, Wilco..etc) and small shows--just got one at a small club here in Sacramento for a Peter Hook and the Light show where he played the Substance albums from both Joy Division and New Order...by the way, if either of those bands were ever your thing, a pretty damn good show to go to.  All the posters go into an art portfolio book as the framing obsession ended when I ran out of space and damn near ran out of money.  Now that they are in the portfolio books I actually find myself rolling through them for shitz and giggles....

With all that said, it can become a brutally expensive addiction for some people and I have to say that I have been a bit miffed when I can't get a poster for a show that I attended.  As is likely the same with everyone here, my spouse is not all that thrilled with the "hunt" when we go to shows....oh well--something will cause the divorce eventually....  :)  

btw-I have never even looked to sell a poster that I have obtained...I think when virtually all of them have a memory attached to them, it is unlikely that the value (a couple of hundred bucks) would warrant the effort and regret that would ensue.
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I was one of those honestly. I would refresh the pages all day. And then one day I was looking all all the poster thinking WTF? I go so deep I was getting posters that I didn’t even like, which is insane. I sold off most and kept the killers for myself that I’ll always love. 
    Went down that road myself.  Just hoarding posters that were hyped up whether I went to the show or not.  Then it just kind of hit me one day - I bitch about people who hoard multiple sealed copies of records when there are folks out there who actually enjoy vinyl & would like to spin & listen rather than just have it as an unopened trophy on a shelf.  "Hey, I'm doing the same thing with these posters" I thought to myself.  Someone who went to the show should have it, to enjoy it, to frame & hang, or put in a portfolio, let their kid color on it, etc.  I kept the few I was definitely going to frame and got rid of everything else.
    tjk895 said:
    Doubt anything drops today, Santos is probably getting ready to start his weekend

another deflector trying to get us members off the sent so they can get all the posters for themselves. I know what your up too and im watching you

=)

tjk895 said:

another deflector trying to get us members off the sent so they can get all the posters for themselves. I know what your up too and im watching you

=)

Don't watch him, watch for the Pssst...

It won't be a zippo...

your right ... ill watch for the pssst

I wont expect a zippo though.

your right ... ill watch for the pssst

I wont expect a zippo though.

I'm hoping to find one accidentally tucked in with one of my orders one day.  One could only hope?

Not a zippo...
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think what a lot of the "losing it" is...someone gets in line, waits hours for the poster and then can't get it because:
    1) Some guy in front bought a huge stack because the merch workers don't care about limits.
    1a) Someone pays multiple people each to get in line and buy the limit of each item. By the end of it, a single guy has 30 stickers, 10 Zippos and 15 posters.

2) People without tickets get in line and make comments like "I don't even like this band, but you should see what this crap fetches on eBay.

I suppose the alternative is to stand at the door and bum-rush the inside merch stands, but you're stuck with the merch during the show AND you're also potentially stuck inside during good weather.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"