Need Help Please ! loll Fenway tickets...

BurnrushBurnrush Montreal, Québec Posts: 22
edited May 2018 in The Porch
tickets on after market are extremly expensive i know :bawling: but i need to know one last thing ! do you have a big diffence between grandstand 26 row 1 or logebox 141 row MM ? i know people told me: Do not go under the stand ! ( grandstand) but row 1 is it that bad or really have to go with logebox row CC or close to that to see the difference ? 

exemple : should i go with 135 CC or 141 MM or 126 Row 1 ? any big diffence between them ?

Thanks guys ! really appreciate your help ! 

sorry i am french so i do my best for my english ! :blush:
Québec 05/05/2016
Post edited by Burnrush on

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Wait to buy. Tickets usually drop. If you can get there without a ticket and find one the day of the show, there should be enough at good prices.

On occasion, 10C will release extras that go unclaimed.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • BurnrushBurnrush Montreal, Québec Posts: 22
    Wait to buy. Tickets usually drop. If you can get there without a ticket and find one the day of the show, there should be enough at good prices.

On occasion, 10C will release extras that go unclaimed.
    you mean at the fenway park counter ? or in the street ? i am from Montreal so really dont want to get there for nothing lol did you ever get those tickets ? is it in the morning or hour before the show at the counter ? 

thanks !!
    Québec 05/05/2016
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    In 2016 we got to Boston at 2pm and needed a ticket for my buddy, he walked right up to the window and bought one on the first baseline about 15 rows back. I think is was $200 with fees and stuff at the box office. There were so many tickets, people we re-getting in line, to get as many as they could, I guess to then go scalp around Boston or on stub hub. Just hang out at Fenway day of the show and you will easily get tickets. Not cheaply, id expect to pay $200, but easily.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    RS65573 said:
    In 2016 we got to Boston at 2pm and needed a ticket for my buddy, he walked right up to the window and bought one on the first baseline about 15 rows back. I think is was $200 with fees and stuff at the box office. There were so many tickets, people we re-getting in line, to get as many as they could, I guess to then go scalp around Boston or on stub hub. Just hang out at Fenway day of the show and you will easily get tickets. Not cheaply, id expect to pay $200, but easily.

This is good advice but also consider these are their first and only east coast shows in two years, and probably will not be coming back around for another year afterwards.

The Sunday show may be quite the challenge getting "day of" tickets. If you are able to stay in town for Tuesday's show, I believe that will be the easier show to obtain "day of" tickets
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Any seats in the stands are far, far away from the stage.  You'll be watching the screen.
    Thanks for the advice guy's! And if you guy's been there...is it true that grandstand is not that good ?
    Québec 05/05/2016
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Any seats in the stands are far, far away from the stage.  You'll be watching the screen.

But you'll be elevated...and you'll be there.

(I liked my suite, though.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Burnrush said:
    Thanks for the advice guy's! And if you guy's been there...is it true that grandstand is not that good ?
    Not sure about row 1 but the further back you go the worse the sound is and the more of a chance you have a pillar in your way. 
  • NB283405NB283405 Posts: 74
    edited May 2018
    Fenway Park has a great 3D seating chart: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

I also think the fear of bad sound under the grandstand is a bit over blown.  I had seats in the last row for Paul McCartney and the sound was fine.  If you end up in the grandstand, you just need to be mindful of the support posts for the upper level. 
    Post edited by NB283405 on
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2008: Mansfield II
    2010: Hartford, Boston
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I, Hartford
    2016: Boston I, Boston II
    2018: Boston I, Boston II
  • SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 164
    Typically, Grandstand row 1 and a few of the last Loge Box rows are sheltered from rain, but not way under the overhang, so the sound will likely not be muddled (or if it is, its not because of the overhang at least).  The grandstand seats are also less comfortable and less roomy than loge, but you'll hopefully be standing anyway.  In your example above, Loge 141 row MM is also under the overhang, and only 2 rows closer than Grandstand row 1.  Loge 135 row CC is around 10 rows closer, but more towards home plate, so its likely farther away.

My guess is that the Grandstand seats are the cheapest and overall the same view as the Loge seats.  I would go with those, unless the price difference is inconsequential.  Good luck!  

PS - I am not endorsing purchasing scalped tickets, but I understand the need to do so sometimes (when you are traveling to a show and don't want to chance it, when you don't want to wait around all day for the chance at face value tickets, etc).
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
    NB283405 said:
    Fenway Park has a great 3D seating chart: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

I also think the fear of bad sound under the grandstand is a bit over blown.  I had seats in the last row for Paul McCartney and the sound was fine.  If you end up in the grandstand, you just need to be mindful of the support posts for the upper level. 
    thank you  ! aprreciate ! 
    Québec 05/05/2016
    SP218311 said:
    Typically, Grandstand row 1 and a few of the last Loge Box rows are sheltered from rain, but not way under the overhang, so the sound will likely not be muddled (or if it is, its not because of the overhang at least).  The grandstand seats are also less comfortable and less roomy than loge, but you'll hopefully be standing anyway.  In your example above, Loge 141 row MM is also under the overhang, and only 2 rows closer than Grandstand row 1.  Loge 135 row CC is around 10 rows closer, but more towards home plate, so its likely farther away.

My guess is that the Grandstand seats are the cheapest and overall the same view as the Loge seats.  I would go with those, unless the price difference is inconsequential.  Good luck!  

PS - I am not endorsing purchasing scalped tickets, but I understand the need to do so sometimes (when you are traveling to a show and don't want to chance it, when you don't want to wait around all day for the chance at face value tickets, etc).
    big thanks for the info !! :)
    Québec 05/05/2016
    Burnrush said:
    SP218311 said:

big thanks for the info !! :)
    i got pavillion box 5 row A finally ! price was good...for after market of course ! i hope i wont regret it :/
    Québec 05/05/2016
    i got pavillion box 5 row A finally ! price was good...for after market of course ! i hope i wont regret it 
    Québec 05/05/2016