HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :)

FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I know it's a tad early, but hope all the mums and mum-figures (you know grandparents, carers, aunts, friends etc) out there have a wonderful time tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day with my little man and then off to lunch with my mum.

Being a mum is definitly not an easy job, as you can't go home to get away from it! You are always on call, some days suck, some days rock.....and the one liners kids come out with just make you crack up laughing! It's all worth it when the little (or even big) person you have put so much effort into raising says "I love you mummy!" :D:D

So have a top day!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Happy mothers Day!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Happy Mother's Day Sagittarius Crux :D

& all other mothers in the 10c
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • theoceansmademetheoceansmademe Posts: 1,128
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I know it's a tad early, but hope all the mums and mum-figures (you know grandparents, carers, aunts, friends etc) out there have a wonderful time tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day with my little man and then off to lunch with my mum.

Being a mum is definitly not an easy job, as you can't go home to get away from it! You are always on call, some days suck, some days rock.....and the one liners kids come out with just make you crack up laughing! It's all worth it when the little (or even big) person you have put so much effort into raising says "I love you mummy!" :D:D

So have a top day!

You are so right. Raising little one's takes a TON of energy. But it's all worth it when you get those moments of true unconditional LOVE.

Being an at home dad I have experienced SO MUCH of this.

I think Eddie was realizing the joys of being a parent when he penned this

Remember back the early days
    When you were young & thus amazed
    Suddenly the channel changed
    The first time you saw blood

Cut to later, now you’re strong
    You’ve bled yourself, the wounds are gone
    It’s rare then where is nothing wrong
    Survived & you’re amongst the fittest
    Love ain’t love until you give it up

Happy Mother's Day!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Happy Mother's Day!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Happy Mothers Day, EVERYBODY who has kids.

Tomorrow I'm getting served Eggs Benidict then I'm taking my 4 kids to town and meeting up with someone from Faceache from Primary school whom I havn't seen for 26 years, and then taking my kids down the local BMX track, then I'm leaving them all at home with Dad and going up to " The Rock Inne " for the Sunday Session and hope the band playing there ROCKS!
    Happy Parent Day everyone :D
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there hope you have a fantastic day!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DSC00276.jpg"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."
    Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms!
  • I take it Mother's Day is a different date to in the UK....panicked me for a moment. I was sat there thinking "Shit!! Oh, hang on...I'm sure that's already passed!" :lol:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the toughest job out there,

heres hoping the best tomorrow to all the Moms out there.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in Pearl Jam land.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Loves_VinylLoves_Vinyl Posts: 85
    Happy Mother's Day!

This year will have to be my best gift yet, as I am seeing PJ in my hometown!
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    LovesVinyl wrote:
    Happy Mother's Day!

This year will have to be my best gift yet, as I am seeing PJ in my hometown!

That is awesome! I took myself for my Birthday last year!! :D
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    I went and visited my Mommy and Daddy today. I gave my Mommy a dozen roses, and a giftcard. She LOVED the roses. I watched the Cubs blow another game with my father. Then my nieces showed up with gifts for my Mommy. We all sat down and had a Thanksgiving style dinner, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, the whole nine yards.

Not a bad day.

And I am THRILLED that I didnt go to Cleveland, and miss Mothers Day!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Happy Mother's Day!

I miss mine every day. You were the best. Thank you.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY (AGAIN) :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Happy Mother's Day! :heart::hug:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the forum Mom’s , especially my mother best mom of all !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Happy Mother's Day! :joy:  Love you mom! :heart:
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Happy Mother's Day to all the 10C Moms out there!

Somebody make a PJ playlist for Mother's Day!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    edited May 2018
    1) Pushin' Forward Back (Temple Of The Dog song)
    2) Even Flow
    2) Why Go
    3) Daughter
    4) Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams)
    5) Immortality
    6) Rival
    7) Army Reserve
    8) Mother (Pink Floyd cover)
    9) Skipping (EV song)
    10) I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier (Mad Season cover)
    11) Father's Son
    12) One Time Fire (Mother Love Bone song)
    Post edited by Pap on
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the forum Mom’s , especially my mother best mom of all !

Thank you! Now -- have you cleaned your room like I asked you to do? There aren't still dirty socks everywhere, are there?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    PJWGIII said:
    Happy Mother's Day to all the 10C Moms out there!

Somebody make a PJ playlist for Mother's Day!
    -- Let Me Sleep (played on repeat, for as long as needed).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Kind of a melancholy day for me, the first Mother's Day since my mom passed away last September at the age of 90.  I think she had a very full life, with her share of sadness but a lot of happiness as well.  She was active and independent up until a few months before she died.  I know EXACTLY what we'd be doing if she were here--going out for a nice lunch and getting back to the house in time to watch the Rangers!  They lost today but her second favorite team (Astros) beat them.  Love you, Mom!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Kind of a melancholy day for me, the first Mother's Day since my mom passed away last September at the age of 90.  I think she had a very full life, with her share of sadness but a lot of happiness as well.  She was active and independent up until a few months before she died.  I know EXACTLY what we'd be doing if she were here--going out for a nice lunch and getting back to the house in time to watch the Rangers!  They lost today but her second favorite team (Astros) beat them.  Love you, Mom!
    The first year is rough, WP, so sorry for your loss.  Keep those nice memories close!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Crap! That was yesterday?!
    mace1229 said:

Ah. There's my other child, LOL.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mace1229 said:
    But but you have all those degrees how could you forget ? only messing with you still did you really forget ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....