Ohana Fest 2018

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Did anyone else see the teaser video on Instagram? Looks like Mumford & Sons are another headliner.
    Whoa. I absolutely love Mumford & Sons. Amazing live band. This just made me even more excited for Ohana this year than I already was. Looks like this will be my first year going for more than just the EV day.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Beck and Yeah Yeah Yeahs?!?  :o
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Wow. While I loved last year’s lineup, I’m really impressed with the top billed acts this year. Surprised that they got Beck, considering he plays the Hollywood Bowl on Friday 9/28. Had definitely wanted to attend that show, but now may just opt for his Ohana set. Solid.
  • Just wish Glen was coming back this year.  Otherwise very solid.
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 52
    Am I completely missing the pricing info? Help!
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621

kind of blah to me - thinking of passing this year - was looking forward to it.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Great lineup.  Young the Giant and Switchfoot are ones i wouldnt have guessed but im glad they made the cut
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Looks like there's a mix up on the Ten Club News page about the general public ticket sale date.

This lineup is way out of left field but I'm happy with it. Will skip Friday and just attend Saturday/Sunday. Eddie alone and Mumford & Sons alone is worth the price of a single day ticket each day. I'm also digging Beck, Johnny Marr (last time I saw him, he played a solid handful of Smiths material), Bahamas (check him out if you like Jack Johnson), Fantastic Negrito, and Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (cool backstory on his recovery from leukemia, worth reading up about if you are planning to go). Can't wait until September!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Was really hoping Jane's would play this! May try to go Saturday/Sunday... Have fun to all that go - it's a great setting!
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    poster spoiler...

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    This year's line-up doesn't seem to include too many "friends of Eddie", except for John Doe.

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    This year's line-up doesn't seem to include too many "friends of Eddie", except for John Doe.

I know Marr has played with PJ more then once.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    the wild feathers are an amazing band
    JOEJOEJOE said:

You're mostly right, though I would add:
    Beck and Eddie Vedder have played onstage together (Sleepless Nights).
    Fantastic Negrito opened for Temple of the Dog and thus probably had a connection through the other guys in the band.

JOEJOEJOE said:

You're mostly right, though I would add:
    Beck and Eddie Vedder have played onstage together (Sleepless Nights).
    Fantastic Negrito opened for Temple of the Dog and thus probably had a connection through the other guys in the band.

Good point...but I was referring to acts that have actually toured with EV or PJ, such as Glen Hansard, X, Mudhoney, Liam Finn & Jack Irons, who have all played a the Ohana Fest in prior years. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Um...webcast this please and raise more money for the cause! 

"Access to VIP Beach Bar on the sand with Live Streams of the Main Stage!"

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    meh. still going but was hoping for a combo of Glen/Jim James/Jeff Ament. might just do Saturday. did they have single day VIP last year and does anyone remember the price difference? 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Did anyone get a 3 day VIP pass last year and do you rememer if you had a different wristband each day or one wristband for the whole weekend?
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Fantastic Negrito is awesome...saw him with CC, and then he was at Bourbon and Beyond last year. Great performance, powerful presentation. His story is pretty cool too. Have to see what funds are looking like, the rest of the lineup is pretty awesome, though I fell off the Beck wagon a while back. Would love to hear Norah Jones!

It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
    Um...webcast this please and raise more money for the cause! 

"Access to VIP Beach Bar on the sand with Live Streams of the Main Stage!"

Yes please!!!
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    meh. still going but was hoping for a combo of Glen/Jim James/Jeff Ament. might just do Saturday. did they have single day VIP last year and does anyone remember the price difference? 
    Prices are in the 10c email...$74.75 for GA, $459 for VIP. Personally not seeing that much additional value in VIP
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    timdwilli said:
    Prices are in the 10c email...$74.75 for GA, $459 for VIP. Personally not seeing that much additional value in VIP
    ah thanks for that, should've read it. $460 for a single day. jesus 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Well, I just had a hell of a time booking a hotel in Dana Point. One sold out right before my eyes. But since 9/30 is my birthday, I'm so there. I'll be there for Saturday, and I may do Sunday. I live the Pasadena area and last year I drove. I'd rather just spend the night this time.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Amos Lee is super fun live.
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    I'm excited to see Plague Vendor on Saturday's lineup. I've seen them in some small clubs around LA and they are killer! 
    Vikkivale said:
    I'm excited to see Plague Vendor on Saturday's lineup. I've seen them in some small clubs around LA and they are killer! 
    I thought Plague Vendor would be selling locusts, boils, darkness, etc.