Options

Wrigley Field seating question

nicolenicole Posts: 59
Hi everyone, am hoping someone who has been to Wrigley can help this girl out. I have been looking at Stub Hub tickets, am I better to buy tickets in the 400 sections or the lower rows of 200? Do they leave the netting up during concerts? If so, how badly does it obstruct your view? And if so, does anyone know at what section the netting stops? It sucks to have to pay Stub Hub prices but hubby and I had to get a whole lot of stars to align to make the trip there from Canada to happen, and of course missed out on both the tenclub and ticketmaster sales. I just want to make sure I make an informed decision given the ridiculous price we will have to pay to see the show! Any suggestions or advice is so greatly appreciated, thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited April 2018
    Based on my baseball experiences, I'm pretty sure the netting technology has gotten good enough where it is barely noticeable unless you are literally in the first row behind it.

As far as where the netting stops, your answer is the farther end of the dugout from home plate! (Closer to stage) Should be about sections 11 and 33.
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Thanks PJWGlll... any thoughts on low 200 section VS the 400 sections? 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited April 2018
    nicole said:
    Thanks PJWGlll... any thoughts on low 200 section VS the 400 sections? 
    No problem!

200 Sections at Wrigley are actually kind of deceiving, they are actually not above the 100s but behind them and under the upper deck.

I would recommend the 400s as they are directly above the 200s, and give you a more open and slightly elevated view. They should give you a better stage view too!
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Thanks again PJWGlll... any and all help I can get here is super helpful, I’ve managed to get a whole lot of stars to align in order to get to this show, now just to find some decent tickets! There are tickets in row 5 in the 200 sections and row 8 in the 400 sections...all of which are quite pricey but around the same price... just weighing my options and whether to jump on what I see now or wait it out and roll the dice closer to the show.. again, thanks for your input! 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    nicole said:
    Thanks again PJWGlll... any and all help I can get here is super helpful, I’ve managed to get a whole lot of stars to align in order to get to this show, now just to find some decent tickets! There are tickets in row 5 in the 200 sections and row 8 in the 400 sections...all of which are quite pricey but around the same price... just weighing my options and whether to jump on what I see now or wait it out and roll the dice closer to the show.. again, thanks for your input! 
    There is still plenty of time to get tickets. Be patient on these boards and Facebook and you may find something pop up if you are not too fussy. What night are you looking for? I will keep an eye out for you. Also anything in the stands is not going to be the best of seats and more then likely you will be screen watching no matter where you are. You will notice on Stubhub that there is a huge jump in prices for just marginally better seats. I would choose my seats based on sound and would say that the 400 > 200 since the 200's can have an echo effect happen since it is under the 400's. There is also a chance that a beam could be in your sight line with the 200's but I think that only happens after row 7 for most sections. If you want to play around with what view you will see use this site. It has the net up too. Let me know if you need a hand with how it works. 

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ticketing/seating.jsp
  • Options
    Thanks PJNB! That is all super helpful information! I am looking for night 2, 2 tickets. I will play around with that seating tool. Do you think the sound would still be better in the 400’s even if the seat in the 200 row would be a low one, like row 5? From what I understand it looks like that would not be under an overhang. I think either way having missed out on both tenclub and ticketmaster sales I’m going to have to settle for less than stellar seats, but at least I will be there! I really appreciate everyone’s help on here! Thank you! 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    This is a great tool to use too. It will give you a good idea of what the view from your perspective seats will be. Also, I agree that being patient will pay off, especially since your looking at attending the Monday show. There will be extras floating around on the boards here. Saturday will be a tougher ticket to get.

http://www.seats3d.com/mlb/chicago_cubs/#/

2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    The toughest part you will have though is getting a pair. The way the new 10 club tickets you are able to buy 1 spare and not a pair together so you are limited to verified fan/pubic sale tickets and a lot of those were flipped over face value. Also I am not a Wrigley seating expert as I have only been there once but it looks like all of the 200's is under the overhang to me using that 3d seating guide. I have heard from others the front rows are not that bad for sound and the further you go back the worse it is but I can not verify that myself to be true. 
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    nicole said:
    Hi everyone, am hoping someone who has been to Wrigley can help this girl out. I have been looking at Stub Hub tickets, am I better to buy tickets in the 400 sections or the lower rows of 200? Do they leave the netting up during concerts? If so, how badly does it obstruct your view? And if so, does anyone know at what section the netting stops? It sucks to have to pay Stub Hub prices but hubby and I had to get a whole lot of stars to align to make the trip there from Canada to happen, and of course missed out on both the tenclub and ticketmaster sales. I just want to make sure I make an informed decision given the ridiculous price we will have to pay to see the show! Any suggestions or advice is so greatly appreciated, thank you! 
    I sat in section 4...09 for Wrigley 2016? My view was awesome, the sound was great, I'd sit there again in a heartbeat. 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Cubs season ticket owner in the 400 level. 400 level is only about 10 rows deep, 200 level goes as far back as 23 I believe.

Go for the 400 level, lowest row if possible. Doesn't really matter how far down the baselines, the view is pretty nice up there from any angle.
  • Options
    I really appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions, thank you so much! 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Saw PJ in 2013 and 2016.  400 level much better clean site lines, less traffic. Have two in 142 this year that I am going to try to trade for 400 level.  Stub hub 2016 4 tix in 400 level 250ea with fees.