Options

What's your ultimate triple bill concert ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hi! said:
    I walked out on Bob too lol.

He made no connection to the crowd- never even looked at us. He was lifeless. The selection was awful (never even recognized the first five or six songs and that's about when I had enough).

I should state that out of approximately 120 live shows... his was the only one I left during the main set. I don't make a habit of leaving shows (outside of occasionally getting in front of the mob before the encore is finished). 
    Lol, sorry to hear that. Well, at the very least our correspondance here today has inspired me to inquire further into Bob Dylans live material. Im sure i wont be disappointed. Peace and have a nice day.  B)
    Cheers
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    So my "boring" choice is 

MMJ
    PJ
    NY

But one a little more... fun... could be

Tegan and Sara
    NIN
    My Morning Jacket
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    So my "boring" choice is 

MMJ
    PJ
    NY

But one a little more... fun... could be

Tegan and Sara
    NIN
    My Morning Jacket
    T&S into NIN... I think you and I will be there and have the place to ourselves :lol:
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    I walked out on Bob too lol.

He made no connection to the crowd- never even looked at us. He was lifeless. The selection was awful (never even recognized the first five or six songs and that's about when I had enough).

I should state that out of approximately 120 live shows... his was the only one I left during the main set. I don't make a habit of leaving shows (outside of occasionally getting in front of the mob before the encore is finished). 
    So did we. We saw him at Tanglewood a few years ago. By a country mile, he was the worst live act we've ever seen. Mavis Staples opened, and she was great. Dylan -- the stage was poorly lit, there was zero interaction with the crowd, sound was poor (that's not necessarily his fault), and what he did to the songs --- wow. Now, I suppose he can play his own songs however he likes, but to render "Tangled Up in Blue" unrecognizable is just a shame. Lyrics -- to all the songs -- were mumbled -- the guy's supposed to be a poet, but you have no idea what he's saying/singing/ muttering.
    It was the equivalent of paying a lot of money to sit in the dark with a transistor radio, trying to pick up a station with a weak signal and getting bits and pieces of music in a sea of static..
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    PJ20 did it for me already... 

Strokes
    QOTSA
    PJ

EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    TV on the Radio 
    Weezer
    Pixies
    3/12/2019
    MSG is a pretty good night of music coming up next yr 😎
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I also walked out on Dylan.  His voice was so bad it was undecipherable.  The stadium was half empty into his third song...

I got to see a pretty damn awesome triple bill over the summer with All Them Witches opening, Mastodon 2nd and Primus ending the night.

What a show.

So for my triple billing now?

Jack White
    TOOL
    Pearl Jam

What I'd really want though would be
    Converge
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Thee Oh Sees

THAT would be one hell of a show!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    I also walked out on Dylan.  His voice was so bad it was undecipherable.  The stadium was half empty into his third song...

I got to see a pretty damn awesome triple bill over the summer with All Them Witches opening, Mastodon 2nd and Primus ending the night.

What a show.

Jack White
    TOOL
    Pearl Jam

Converge
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Thee Oh Sees

Dylan is GREAT!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    lolobugg said:

What a show.

Jack White
    TOOL
    Pearl Jam

Converge
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Thee Oh Sees

Dylan is GREAT!!
    I've discussed this w you already Logan, lol.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    my Australian dream show ..
    Courtney Barnett
    Middle Kids
    Midnight Oil to close ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....