Happy Earth Day

FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
edited April 2009 in A Moving Train
Happy Earth Day to everyone!

And to you Planet Earth, I’m sorry us humans have lost sight of and have forsaken your capability for our survival. One of these days you’ll shake us off like a flee to a dog, and so it will go.
CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :mrgreen:

one person, one planet
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    polaris! theres a familiar name. :ugeek:
    jlew24asu wrote:
    polaris! theres a familiar name. :ugeek:

i couldn't login when the board changed ... i had to change my name as no one at 10C was interested in helping me out ... haha
  • I celebrated by leaving all my lights on all day, flushing my toilet 500 times and dropping my broken appliances into the river.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    People look at it all the wrong way... the more we recyle,reduce and reuse, the longer the process of purging humans from the earth will take. And if that doesn't get it, perhaps an asteroid will fix that problem or a super volcano will put things back to normal for our planet.
    I celebrated by leaving all my lights on all day, flushing my toilet 500 times and dropping my broken appliances into the river.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    Nobody really cares. "Global warming" has become a punchline. No one will care until it is too late for us to live confortably here.

Example: we planted a tree at my school. We walked outside and left all the lights on. Watered the tree with styrofoam cups that we threw away. Then we all went back in and drank water out of plastic bottles and threw them away because the recycle bin was too far to walk to.

We can't "save the earth." The earth will go on without us. We just won't be here.
    Nobody really cares. "Global warming" has become a punchline. No one will care until it is too late for us to live confortably here.

Example: we planted a tree at my school. We walked outside and left all the lights on. Watered the tree with styrofoam cups that we threw away. Then we all went back in and drank water out of plastic bottles and threw them away because the recycle bin was too far to walk to.

We can't "save the earth." The earth will go on without us. We just won't be here.

yes ... people are stupid and selfish
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

Has anybody been watching The History Channel: Life After People which gives a clear picture of what Earth will look like without people.

Here's one of my favorite RUSH songs "Earthshine"

On certain nights
    When the angles are right
    And the moon is a slender crescent

It's circle shows
    In a ghostly glow
    Of earthly luminescence

Earthshine
    A beacon in the night
    I can raise my eyes to
    Earthshine
    Earthshine
    A jewel out of reach
    Form a dream to rise to
    Earthshine

Floating high
    In the evening sky
    I see my faint reflection

Pale facsimile
    Like what others see
    When they look in my direction

Earthshine
    Stretching out your hand
    Full of starlit diamonds
    Earthshine

Reflected light
    To another's sight
    And the moon tells a lover's story

My borrowed face
    And my third hand grace
    Only reflect your glory

You're still out of reach
    Form a dream to rise to
    Earthshine

For us to still be around for some time to come we need to impose the 3 R's of Conservation: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle

Peace and Stay Human
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    hauling the "candles" for the big earth day cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyx0JyH ... re=channel
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    on the loose
    i'm a truck
    all the rolling hills i'll flatten em out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNmNmXExZ8
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Commy wrote:
    on the loose
    i'm a truck
    all the rolling hills i'll flatten em out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNmNmXExZ8
    i know you are more creative than that......give us something to work with.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    I like this show. Most people concentrate on things they can change (like the 3r's, politics or things along those lines), but don't really learn or recognize the magnitude of natural process's on Earth (earthquakes, volcano's, heating, cooling, or asteroid's), none of which we can control. This may not be tomorrow or the following day, but baring nuclear fallout, this is likely to be the way humans are purged from the Earth. Regardless of how fast we ruin the environment and speed up the process, these will results will come to pass.
    g under p wrote:
    Has anybody been watching The History Channel: Life After People which gives a clear picture of what Earth will look like without people.
    CONservative governMENt

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    FiveB247x said:

I like this show. Most people concentrate on things they can change (like the 3r's, politics or things along those lines), but don't really learn or recognize the magnitude of natural process's on Earth (earthquakes, volcano's, heating, cooling, or asteroid's), none of which we can control. This may not be tomorrow or the following day, but baring nuclear fallout, this is likely to be the way humans are purged from the Earth. Regardless of how fast we ruin the environment and speed up the process, these will results will come to pass.

g under p wrote:

Yeah, but you can take care of the planet so your and my kids can have a decent life until that happens.

You sound like a kid who I used to help who wouldn't do homework because he said the world was gonna end soon so why bother, and his parents agreed with him, smh.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Can all these threads be consolidated please , thanks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....