so are there now 7 EV zippos, with picture of the first 6 zippos

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    I've found 2 so far of the EV friends family zippo and neither person was interested in letting it go from their GI Joe kung Fu grip no matter my offer of cash, my kids or whatever. My only hope is EV is still carrying these on him and I can trade him an OYR Zippo for one of his Wrigley zippos. All I have left is hope. Can't take that away from me!
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PM16037 said:

Neither do I. Fake stuff does nothing for me.
    Really? No humorous comments about this?
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    branscop said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PM16037 said:

Neither do I. Fake stuff does nothing for me.
    Really? No humorous comments about this?
    Ha, I see what you're saying.
    edited April 2018
    bump. this thread needs updating with the new and very limited Brazil EV Zippo as well as EV's Euro and Ohana from last year?
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Brazil?  Any pics of this one....?
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
    LOVE IT!

edited April 2018
    Shorty said:
    LOVE IT!
    unfortunately so do many many other fans and worse, there's rumored to only be about 45 to 50 made available during the 3 Brazil EV shows. One just sold on ebay in 4 minutes the other night after being listed ($350) and another was traded here for a Cracker Jack poster.  Hopefully the 10c sees the demand for these and recognizes that they were at an event where 99.9% of the fanbase couldn't get there to try for whatever limited quantities were available and they make them available in the SHOP like they did with the EV 2008/2009 zippos as well as the 2015 Black Wave 
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I am looking for a Black wave. I can trade a Euro zippo or pay cash
    Interestingly enough @Air23 I'm told that they sold leftover 2015 versions of the Black Wave at the last EV show in Brazil. Probably leftovers from when they were in Shop a few years ago?
  • tommy boytommy boy United States Posts: 686
    well at the end of the day,fake or repro.... it lights your ciggy....hopefully..
    1996: TORONTO, TOLEDO, BUFFALO
    1998: BARRIE, PITTSBURGH, CLEVELAND*, MERRIWEATHER POST
    2000: TORONTO, PITTSBURGH, DETROIT, SARATOGA SPRINGS
    2003: TORONTO, BUFFALO*, CLEVELAND, MSG 1
    2004: TOLEDO, GRAND RAPIDS
    2006: PITTSBURGH
    2008: HARTFORD
    2009: PHILLY II
    2010: BUFFALO
    2013: BUFFALO
    2014: DETROIT
    2016: NYC I NYC II
    tommy boy said:
    well at the end of the day,fake or repro.... it lights your ciggy....hopefully..
    from a PJ/EV collector's point of view - these are collectors items and the real deal is the only way to go LOL and sit on a shelf not to be used or i would have a heart attack if something went wrong with one
    but enjoy/ smoke em if you got em!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I wonder when Eddie Vedder decided it was fun to visciously limit high-demand merch so that the prices inflate wildly the second they hit the market?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wonder when Eddie Vedder decided it was fun to visciously limit high-demand merch so that the prices inflate wildly the second they hit the market?
    It's definitely a good piece to discuss and debate. For starters, did EV have any input on it or was it strictly a business/merch decision outside of his input? Next, it is smart business to make certain things limited so you create a demand for your product and not over produce them where you are stuck with inventory. However, we all know that a few hundred would have sold out. That's why I'm hoping some were held back and go on sale here in SHOP so collectors like you who weren't able to travel Brazil and be one of the first 3 people in line each day has a shot at one.  Also, it's my past understanding that EV merch and especially zippos are hard to get back to the US once the shows are over so I'm guessing that is part of why so few were available for sale but again, if the effort was made to create/design them, send them to Brazil and sell them, I'm hoping more were made and sitting in Seattle waiting to get the proper coding done so we see it go up in SHOP.  Fingers crossed for all my EV Zippo friends. Zippo the Zippoless I say!
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's definitely a good piece to discuss and debate. For starters, did EV have any input on it or was it strictly a business/merch decision outside of his input? Next, it is smart business to make certain things limited so you create a demand for your product and not over produce them where you are stuck with inventory. However, we all know that a few hundred would have sold out. That's why I'm hoping some were held back and go on sale here in SHOP so collectors like you who weren't able to travel Brazil and be one of the first 3 people in line each day has a shot at one.  Also, it's my past understanding that EV merch and especially zippos are hard to get back to the US once the shows are over so I'm guessing that is part of why so few were available for sale but again, if the effort was made to create/design them, send them to Brazil and sell them, I'm hoping more were made and sitting in Seattle waiting to get the proper coding done so we see it go up in SHOP.  Fingers crossed for all my EV Zippo friends. Zippo the Zippoless I say!
    Registering my interest in the Brazil zippo. Happy to pay well
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I hope the same hopes!!! .... Already went through it with the Ohana one though, lol, and that doesn't seem to be panning out. But you never know I guess! I did get the first zippo in my collection - the chrome target one - from the 10C shop. And the white target one was there too. I think at the time nobody even gave a shit they were there at all. They were up for weeks before selling out... But once those were gone, all of a sudden all the zippos became a hot item that was way too hard to get.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    I've found 2 so far of the EV friends family zippo and neither person was interested in letting it go from their GI Joe kung Fu grip no matter my offer of cash, my kids or whatever. My only hope is EV is still carrying these on him and I can trade him an OYR Zippo for one of his Wrigley zippos. All I have left is hope. Can't take that away from me!
    If someone finds one on eBay or elsewhere I'll throw in $50 towards securing the South America zippo for this man
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Dave...I might have missed that u had OYR ones. Interested. Let's catch up anyway
    100 Pacer said:
    If someone finds one on eBay or elsewhere I'll throw in $50 towards securing the South America zippo for this man
    Wow that's amazing gesture of you Erik! Thank you.  I'm blessed to have a dear friend who helped me with the South America one.  I'm trying to help other friends obtain them etc. The one mentioned above that I'm hunting is the EV Wrigley friends/famiy (discussed earlier in the thread).  I am blown away at your generosity and offer. I've had a rough 24-48 hours personal wise so this is some light to the past 2 dark days etc. Thank you
    Dave...I might have missed that u had OYR ones. Interested. Let's catch up anyway
    Adam, I had a few made up as OYR fundraisers where I sell them at our merch tables etc. Its just a sticker on a black zippo. not really worth your interest TBH 
    tommy boy said:
    from a PJ/EV collector's point of view - these are collectors items and the real deal is the only way to go LOL and sit on a shelf not to be used or i would have a heart attack if something went wrong with one
    but enjoy/ smoke em if you got em!
      LOL, for sure Dave, I agree 100%.  I think I speak for a large percentage of PJ fans, when I say that I only like the real deal.  Also, all of my EV zippos are unused, on display, and still have the stickers on one side, haha.  The only exception would be if I found a used EV white Australian continent, or a used EV Wrigley (F&F) zippos.
    100 Pacer said:
    I'll match that Erik!

• cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    so, total zippo are 9? any picture of all together?
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
    cardoso said:
    so, total zippo are 9? any picture of all together?
    9 official, 10 if you count the F/F EV Wrigley.
    As for a picture of all 9, hopefully soon :)
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the friends I have...

Damn Dave, you're a bad man, haha.  Hook me up with that EV white Australian continent/map zippo!  Those things are impossible to find.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

Noyce! :clap:  :flushed:
    clap

• VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    :peace: absolutely magnificent 
  • I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the friends I have...

I like Dave...and hate Dave at the same time. Guessing it is just me.... ;)
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.