Options

Pearl Jam Do The Evolution Music Video Art Book Comes To IDW

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,286
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    http://www.newsarama.com/28765-idw-announces-new-july-powerpuff-girls-series-pearl-jam-art-book.html

San Diego, CA (April 9, 2015) – IDW, in association with one of rock n’ roll’s greatest acts in history, proudly presents Pearl Jam: Do the Evolution.

Drawing inspiration from the Grammy Award nominated music video of the same name, Do the Evolution takes fans inside this unforgettable work of art. Directed by visionary comics legend Todd McFarlane (Spawn) and veteran animator Kevin Altieri (Batman: The Animated Series), this achievement in animation told a graphic and dark history of the world in four gripping minutes and is widely considered one of the best music videos of all time.

Now, the full story of the making of this historic video will be told in the Do the Evolution art book from IDW. Lushly illustrated by the video's striking animation cells with never before seen storyboards and designs from the video, the video's co-producer, Joe Pearson, will guide readers through the fascinating process of bringing the band’s vision to life in this one-of-a-kind art book.

Pearl Jam: Do the Evolution takes its next step into comic shops this October.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bump
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    ‎Joe Pearson‎ to Do the Evolution
    2 hrs · 
    Good news! We just passed a milestone in the production of the upcoming "Pearl Jam: The Art of Do the Evolution book"! We received full approval of all text and art from Eddie and the band and are now racing ahead to finish and conform all layout and design and then go to publication. To celebrate, I thought I'd share another dynamic Chapter page from the upcoming book. Let me know what you think.

Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    March 2018 release
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Fall 2018
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    One of the early versions of Death girl

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    Are there two threads?

Once again -  CHANGE THE COVER ART. CLASS IT UP.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    igotid88 said:
    I spotted grammatical errors..
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    I'm still waiting for this.  
  • Options
    Are there two threads?

Once again -  CHANGE THE COVER ART. CLASS IT UP.
    yes
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Joe Pearson
    Admin · 1 hr
    I've got a question for the Group. When we started out to design the Art of Do the Evolution Book our "natural" choice for the cover was the iconic image of Death Girl which I've been using as this Group's cover page image.

However for unexplained reasons the band did not want us to use her on the cover. Which was a sad surprise for us, but it's their call. So...we then opted for the Savage Cro-Magnon Man currently being seen in promotion for the book. But this image is not set in stone for the cover. Not yet.

So what do you think? I would like to know what image YOU all think should be on the book's cover. Any image or background from the video? Any but Death Girl, I'm afraid.

So what do you think? What would you pick for the cover?

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Down to $27. I hope this is the last pushback.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I’d prefer the skull pilot or the wired office worker for the cover art.
  • Options
    I’d prefer the skull pilot or the wired office worker for the cover art.
    he asked on facebook what we'd like to see on the cover as that was not final. Only death was not a choice.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    He's waiting from IDW for the release date
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Joe Pearson Admin · 45 mins Hi everyone. I've been talking with the new guy in charge at IDW, the company that is going to publish the "Pearl Jam: The Art of Do the Evolution" art table book. He's assured me that he is going fast track the completion and release of the book to get it out in the first half of this year. 'Fingers crosse. In the meantime, here's a page of Death Girl studies done by her designer on the video, Brad Coombs.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Joe Pearson Admin · 45 mins Hi everyone. I've been talking with the new guy in charge at IDW, the company that is going to publish the "Pearl Jam: The Art of Do the Evolution" art table book. He's assured me that he is going fast track the completion and release of the book to get it out in the first half of this year. 'Fingers crosse. In the meantime, here's a page of Death Girl studies done by her designer on the video, Brad Coombs.

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463?view=permalink&id=498031080759982

Update on Facebook. He's working with IDW on the last few pages. Closer to getting it to the band for their approval
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I'm reading Peter Criss - Makeup to Breakup right now so I'm good for some weeks.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    .While cleaning out my 800 square foot office/garage, I found a few more cells from Do the Evolution and will post them up over the next few days. First up is our favorite gal, striking a familiar pose.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The EvolutionHardcover – January 2, 2080

http://amzn.to/2mGsxy1
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The EvolutionHardcover – January 2, 2080

http://amzn.to/2mGsxy1
    This seems more realistic
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Good news. Now we have to wait for the guys to give their approval.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214459867558239&id=1465840780&set=gm.558464674716622&source=57
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Here's one of the model sheets that are up for sale. It's a tonal study of the Skull Pilot. By Young Ki Yoon

I miss igotid88