Lollapalooza Argentina Cancellation

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
edited June 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
Lollapalooza Argentina Cancellation 

Official Statement from Lollapalooza Argentina:

Due to severe overnight weather containing heavy storms, lightning and winds that are expected to continue, it has been decided in compliance with governmental authorities instructions to cancel the third day of Lollapalooza Argentina. Fans can visit www.lollapaloozaar.com and Lollapalooza Argentina’s social media to obtain information about refunds for Sunday.

Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    rwally sad for the fans in argentinma,same the travelers.,.i know the feeling cos same happened at venice 2007
    atleast all are same now,,tht what matters the most,
    thanks Kat
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I`m glad the storm hit after the second night was over so everyone was safe enough, but still very sad news, especially when it was the only chance to see the band play in Argentina, at least on this South American leg of the tour.
    I hope they can reschedule something soon.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    So very sad for all the locals and all the travellers as i have been many times. So much money. Planning and excitement goes into this all encompassing trip. Safe but very deflated. Sometimes its hard to find the words. Love to all of the fans who have lost the chance to see this gig. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • betaniabetania Posts: 2
    It´s really sad news...Any other  announcement soon from de band??
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035

Gutted for the argentinian fans but safety first. Always

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    A valid reason to cancel a concert, unlike Raleigh
  • Absolutely the biggest disappointment.
  • I sill can’t believe I flew from South Africa to see Pearl Jam and this happens. I should have gone to London
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited March 2018
    A valid reason to cancel a concert, unlike Raleigh
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    So very bummed the show could not happen, but safety should be a priority. I got together with some Pearl Jam friends instead, local and international, and we made it a fun night.

Hopefully we will not have to wait too long till Pearl Jam visits Argentina again. To those visiting from abroad, I hope you check out the city!

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Just another reason why I love arena tours

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    my2hands said:
    Just another reason why I love arena tours

This ^^

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Lollapalooza.com.ar has just announced how they are going to reimburse the tickets for the third day of the fest.

As of March 28th, reimbursement will be automatically granted to the credit or debit card you made the purchase for the tickets. AllAccess.com.ar will handle the reimbursments since it was the ticketing system.

The refunds will be for the full price of the ticket and also for the service charge. Those who paid for the 3-day pass will get 1/3 of the price of the ticket and 1/3 of the service charge.

Those who purchase the tickets in person will have to show up at the box office at La Rural, Av. Sarmiento 2704, C1425FGP, as of March 28th, from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 7 pm, with the credit or debit card you made the purchase with, the wristband for the 3-day pass or 1-day pass, and the proof of purchase. 

https://www.lollapaloozaar.com/news/informacion-sobre-reembolso-de-tercer-jornada-de-lollapalooza/
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Seeing the set list for Lollapallooza at Brazil is a painful reminder of the great show we could have had in Argentina.  There will be other opportunities but still... Listening to the Brazil show today has been a great, but also bittersweet experience. 

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    As of today I have not received my refund for the canceled day. Anyone else? 
  • mike86mike86 Posts: 161
    It was said refunds will be paid after the 28th. Consider the amount of people getting money back.. its only the 29th... 
    Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    I guess I could be a little more patient, but considering how the whole event was handled I’ll be surprised if this isn’t screwed up too. 
    Question is now: how patient are we? And what can we do if nothing happens at all?
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    Gave them two weeks. Filed a dispute with Amex and got my money back in two days. 
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I got my refund the day before yesterday, the site said that refunds were to be granted between march 28th and may 12th
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

got the money back as well but lost 28 due to the inflation.. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited April 2018
    mike86 said:
    got the money back as well but lost 28€ due to the inflation.. 
    Same thing happened with a couple of friends of mine when the 2016 Boston shows went on sale early. They got their money back but due to the USD and exchange rate they lost a decent chunk of change with something that was not their fault. I would contact your CC provider or message the Lollapalooza organization. You never know you maybe able to get it back. 
    thanks for the info. I will try but i dont really see a chance there.. its nobobys fault really if the money loses value..