New Album Soon... TBA - Still Waiting a Year later

Comments

• mattcoz said:
    So excited to hear new PJ!!!!!  Can't Deny Me is great.  I hope the album has this raw emotion and feel to it.  Plus hopefully some different experimental stuff.  
    It really has grown on me every time I've listened to it, and it should be even better live.
    Agree completely! I had visions of them opening with it tonight.  Love the drum/riff combo to kick off the song and got excited just thinking about hearing Ed come in on that bad boy at a live show! .
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-TBD! 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    JimmyV said:
    If your response to an album announcement is to get upset about the annual single then you might be doing it wrong.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    Nami said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Anyone else think that this is probably a clip of another song on the album, that Matt posted a couple weeks ago?

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2018/02/new-pearl-jam-music.html?m=1
    that sounds awesome.
    I loved this riff when I heard it on his instagram page and if this is for a new PJ song I will lose it! Good good stuff!!!!
  • What if they do release this as a physical single for 2017....to Ten Club members with something killer on the b-side....we get the vinyl we crave and something that won't be sold publically....except on ebay by the people who "hate" the song after the first listen...

This could be a win-win....2017 single on vinyl and a new album....i will take it...
    What if they do release this as a physical single for 2017....to Ten Club members with something killer on the b-side....we get the vinyl we crave and something that won't be sold publically....except on ebay by the people who "hate" the song after the first listen...

This could be a win-win....2017 single on vinyl and a new album....i will take it...
    This IS what they are doing.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    What if they do release this as a physical single for 2017....to Ten Club members with something killer on the b-side....we get the vinyl we crave and something that won't be sold publically....except on ebay by the people who "hate" the song after the first listen...

Right on Vedd Hedd....thanks for the confirmation....what do you think will be on the b-side?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Vedd Hedd said:

no one is disputing that is what they are doing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Vedd Hedd said:

Dude, you have an issue with me.  I get it.   I was answering the question of the person above me. 

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd said:

Right on Vedd Hedd....thanks for the confirmation....what do you think will be on the b-side?
    I have no idea, haha.  I'm sure at this point it wont be good enough, though.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Vedd Hedd said:

I hope so, but there is no b-side in the download.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mattcoz said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

There is no b-side because the b-side isn't ready yet. They did the same thing a few years ago with Eddie's cover of Imagine.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    jmug23 said:
    This has to mean a full tour to support the new album right? End of the year or early next year? I sense some really good news and new rumors are going to start leaking. 
    I like the way you think.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

There is no b-side because the b-side isn't ready yet. They did the same thing a few years ago with Eddie's cover of Imagine.
    I believe this is correct
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Hoping a full band version of Out of Sand will be on this. Love that song.

Can't Deny Me was pretty decent, but I think a strange choice for the first single. Hoping for something a little better for the next single they release. Can't Deny Me would've been good for a later track, but kinda falls short as a single imo. Fingers crossed though, excited to hear the rest of the album.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Oh, did they? I don't seem to remember that. Ok then, I trust we'll get something then. :)
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    also, don't want to say "I told you so," but...
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267042/see-pearl-jam-at-lollapalooza-in-south-america/p1

September 27th, 2017
    ehbacon said:
    Last time they went to South America for Lollapalooza they released an album later that year.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Wouldn't most people agree that the "single" carries a fraction of the weight that it once did? Most bands just trickle out songs leading up to the album release and some are better, some are worse than the remaining ones on the album (all subjective anyway!). Some artists just drop the whole thing at once with no lead up. Plus, FM radio/MTV as we knew them in the nineties are long gone, and with streaming services nobody is picking and choosing which songs to buy at $1 a pop anymore either. Worrying about singles in this day and age seems like a fool's errand to me. Looking forward to any and all songs that get released, and then hearing the whole thing as intended (hopefully on a Ten Club exclusive colored vinyl) when the album drops!
  • JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    mattcoz said:
    So excited to hear new PJ!!!!!  Can't Deny Me is great.  I hope the album has this raw emotion and feel to it.  Plus hopefully some different experimental stuff.  
    It really has grown on me every time I've listened to it, and it should be even better live.
    Agree completely! I had visions of them opening with it tonight.  Love the drum/riff combo to kick off the song and got excited just thinking about hearing Ed come in on that bad boy at a live show! .
    I agree as well...  I did not like it at first listen....  the chorus seemed to "pop-esque" for me.  But I really like it now...  I'm also the dude who hated Light Years first time he heard it so.............
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Can't wait for the new album, 3 months from now will be just when the Europe dates hit. Maybe. Would be awesome.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    #4 on ITunes Rock Chart
    #41 on Itunes Top 100
    #15 Amazon Paid Albums
    #49 Amazon Paid Songs
    #9 Amazon Rock Songs
    I miss igotid88
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    GREAT NEWS!!!! B):rock_on:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited March 2018
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Dude, you have an issue with me.  I get it.   I was answering the question of the person above me. 

haha, yeah.........no. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    I miss igotid88
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    ^^ that really fucking rocked live!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    RiotZact said:
    ^^ that really fucking rocked live!
    I’ll second that! Jumped out of the blocks like a greyhound in heat! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2018

THAT ROCKS!!!!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    the start is good but the song just loses power after that...
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    timdwilli said:
    Wouldn't most people agree that the "single" carries a fraction of the weight that it once did? Most bands just trickle out songs leading up to the album release and some are better, some are worse than the remaining ones on the album (all subjective anyway!). Some artists just drop the whole thing at once with no lead up. Plus, FM radio/MTV as we knew them in the nineties are long gone, and with streaming services nobody is picking and choosing which songs to buy at $1 a pop anymore either. Worrying about singles in this day and age seems like a fool's errand to me. Looking forward to any and all songs that get released, and then hearing the whole thing as intended (hopefully on a Ten Club exclusive colored vinyl) when the album drops!
    Honestly, kind of think it's the opposite. I don't think the majority of consumers listen to full albums anymore (and I'm not if they ever really did). I think people DO pick and choose what to listen to (just without paying for each individual song), and that releasing songs a few at a time is probably a better way to get more people to listen to more of your music than waiting until you have 12-13 songs finished and dropping them all at once. Release a full album later for the small percentage of your base that still holds to that antiquated practice (of which, yes, I am one).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."