Do you know a murderer?!

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    As high school was ending a buddy of mine started dating this girl. Her old boyfriend had control and anger issues and would seek my buddy out, and give him a beating with his friends. Wellllll, my friend started carrying a knife and one day (lo and behold) this asshat happened to fall on it. End of beatings. End of story.
    the guy died?

Yes the guy died. I put it nicely saying that after all the beatings the guy "fell" on the knife. After reading the rest of the thread, I'll clear things up a bit. He just didn't get beat up once. It was an ongoing thing. When somebody comes to your work, it is a problem. The cops knew full well about this happening. The clown didn't care. So he got his come up comeuppance. My buddy was charged with murder. That was the original charge. Ended up with a very slight man slaughter charge and did some time. For this thread I figured if you knew somebody who stabbed someone else to death. That would constitute knowing a murderer. What do I know.
    Sounds like your friend performed a public service. Sorry he got jacked for it. I have no problem with violent assholes prematurely meeting their maker. Your buddy probably should have had a better lawyer.

And back on the topic, a woman I was good friends with married a merchant marine. He was a crazy Guatemalan who I'd hung out with a few times. He was home after being away for months, and the woman's sister and brother-in-law were over at their place for dinner. The husband was drinking, got into an argument with the brother-in-law, grabbed a steak knife and drove it through the brother-in-law's heart and killed him, and took off. The woman called me in a panic and I went over there to see how she was doing. I knocked on the door, which was immediately pulled open and I was face to face with 2 cops who had guns pointed at me. About shit my pants. They told me to leave, and that they were still looking for the guy. They eventually found him, and sent him to prison. 
    yikes. one of the bullies I dealt with in high school I saw years later at the bar. He came up to me and apologized and told me how embarrased he was for all the shit he had done in those years. Glad no one saw fit to "perform a public service". 
    Well, I'm not advocating vigilantism, and hunting him down. But this dude apparently had a pattern of violent behavior toward the victim, and the victim did a reasonable thing and defended himself. The next beating he took could have resulted in his death. So I believe the victim did perform a public service and stopped that piece of shit before he continued to escalate and/or move on to his next victim. I'm glad the bully/asshole you encountered turned things around. But if he had committed repeated violence on the wrong guy and paid the ultimate price, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Yeah sorry to jump the thread to another place.
    I know (and see here) many will disagree but hold my opinion that carrying a weapon because you are afraid to get beaten up and then using that weapon to cause a death is not OK. 
    Carrying a gun because you are afraid of being punched is, to me, a big part of what is wrong with things today. 
    The only reason to carry a gun is the intent to use it. 
    I never want to kill a person -- and I surely wouldn't want to take a person's life to avoid an ass kicking.  (Although I very much would like to avoid ever having my ass kicked again.  It is unpleasant.)
    I once fought in grade school. I was in such a rage I blacked out and don't remember it. Not that I consider myself tough, but it scared me what could have happened. Vowed never to fight again, and I haven't. 
    Exactly the same i once had a fight aged 9 and got so worried i might hurt or hit someone and they might die i avoid it like the plague. Im 16 stone and 6 ft tall im sure if i hit someone they would stay down and thats my worry. Im not a fighter at all. Im a lover
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    As high school was ending a buddy of mine started dating this girl. Her old boyfriend had control and anger issues and would seek my buddy out, and give him a beating with his friends. Wellllll, my friend started carrying a knife and one day (lo and behold) this asshat happened to fall on it. End of beatings. End of story.
    the guy died?

Yes the guy died. I put it nicely saying that after all the beatings the guy "fell" on the knife. After reading the rest of the thread, I'll clear things up a bit. He just didn't get beat up once. It was an ongoing thing. When somebody comes to your work, it is a problem. The cops knew full well about this happening. The clown didn't care. So he got his come up comeuppance. My buddy was charged with murder. That was the original charge. Ended up with a very slight man slaughter charge and did some time. For this thread I figured if you knew somebody who stabbed someone else to death. That would constitute knowing a murderer. What do I know.
    Sounds like your friend performed a public service. Sorry he got jacked for it. I have no problem with violent assholes prematurely meeting their maker. Your buddy probably should have had a better lawyer.

And back on the topic, a woman I was good friends with married a merchant marine. He was a crazy Guatemalan who I'd hung out with a few times. He was home after being away for months, and the woman's sister and brother-in-law were over at their place for dinner. The husband was drinking, got into an argument with the brother-in-law, grabbed a steak knife and drove it through the brother-in-law's heart and killed him, and took off. The woman called me in a panic and I went over there to see how she was doing. I knocked on the door, which was immediately pulled open and I was face to face with 2 cops who had guns pointed at me. About shit my pants. They told me to leave, and that they were still looking for the guy. They eventually found him, and sent him to prison. 
    yikes. one of the bullies I dealt with in high school I saw years later at the bar. He came up to me and apologized and told me how embarrased he was for all the shit he had done in those years. Glad no one saw fit to "perform a public service". 
    Well, I'm not advocating vigilantism, and hunting him down. But this dude apparently had a pattern of violent behavior toward the victim, and the victim did a reasonable thing and defended himself. The next beating he took could have resulted in his death. So I believe the victim did perform a public service and stopped that piece of shit before he continued to escalate and/or move on to his next victim. I'm glad the bully/asshole you encountered turned things around. But if he had committed repeated violence on the wrong guy and paid the ultimate price, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I don't believe you solve someone being a bully by killing them.  Life should be more precious to us all than that.  (Just what I think)

I still find it crazy that so many people here (myself included) know someone that either murdered or tried to murder.  Pretty sad, really.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    the guy died?

I don't believe you solve someone being a bully by killing them.  Life should be more precious to us all than that.  (Just what I think)

I still find it crazy that so many people here (myself included) know someone that either murdered or tried to murder.  Pretty sad, really.
    Agree that too many people here seem to know someone involved in a murder. That is actually a bit horrifying. And I understand what you're saying. I am just jaded, and don't see the sanctity of all human life anymore. I think some people are just taking up space and oxygen and that the world is a better place without them. But I don't see myself as the arbiter or person who should make that call. So unless I'm in fear for my life or the life of a family member, I am not going to be involved in any violence of any kind. At the same time, I will also not be able to muster up an ounce of sympathy or compassion when violent bullies and criminals reap what they sow. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    the guy died?

Agree that too many people here seem to know someone involved in a murder. That is actually a bit horrifying. And I understand what you're saying. I am just jaded, and don't see the sanctity of all human life anymore. I think some people are just taking up space and oxygen and that the world is a better place without them. But I don't see myself as the arbiter or person who should make that call. So unless I'm in fear for my life or the life of a family member, I am not going to be involved in any violence of any kind. At the same time, I will also not be able to muster up an ounce of sympathy or compassion when violent bullies and criminals reap what they sow. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    I see what you are saying. I don't lose a wink of sleep if I hear a drug dealer got shot or a gang member got his brains blown out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    My mother thought that she might’ve killed a person once in the mid-1970s. She didn’t really care to know at the time whether or not she had killed the person. It was a fight AND flight situation.

I think she found out later that the person was still alive. I’ve never checked it out, though. Not really my concern. 

Shouldn't you be concerned about whether your Dad is alive?
    Concerned about you, buddy. How are you and yours holding up down your way?

I would say your decision to buy in Swampscott vs. Marshfield was a good one, at least this week. Lost power last weekend, crawl space flooded as pump didn't run, ended up burning out the blower motor on the furnace, just got that replaced this morning, so finally seem to be back in the 21st century.
    Lots of folks in other areas of town and of course surrounding towns had it a lot worse.
    Back in January was first time I'd seen flooding like we had in my neighborhood in the 12 years we've lived there (and power stayed on so I had no real issues then, just a bit scary when the house was attached by seawater from 3 directions), neighbors said only other times were '78 and '91, so figured I was good for 15-20 years...nope, 8 weeks.
    How did you fare, a lot of snow yesterday up there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2018
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    My mother thought that she might’ve killed a person once in the mid-1970s. She didn’t really care to know at the time whether or not she had killed the person. It was a fight AND flight situation.

I think she found out later that the person was still alive. I’ve never checked it out, though. Not really my concern. 

I would say your decision to buy in Swampscott vs. Marshfield was a good one, at least this week. Lost power last weekend, crawl space flooded as pump didn't run, ended up burning out the blower motor on the furnace, just got that replaced this morning, so finally seem to be back in the 21st century.
    Lots of folks in other areas of town and of course surrounding towns had it a lot worse.
    Back in January was first time I'd seen flooding like we had in my neighborhood in the 12 years we've lived there (and power stayed on so I had no real issues then, just a bit scary when the house was attached by seawater from 3 directions), neighbors said only other times were '78 and '91, so figured I was good for 15-20 years...nope, 8 weeks.
    We're pretty lucky. We only lost power for four hours. But during that time, I lamented being a cheapskate and not coughing up the extra grand for a battery backup on the sump pump.

Thread integrity: I know you were joking, but the person my mother thought she had possibly killed was my stepfather at the time. I even had the guy's surname until I was 23 years old. Never knew him, but his name is on my birth certificate.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

We're pretty lucky. We only lost power for four hours. But during that time, I lamented being a cheapskate and not coughing up the extra grand for a battery backup on the sump pump.

Thread integrity: I know you were joking, but the person my mother thought she had possibly killed was my stepfather at the time. I even had the guy's surname until I was 23 years old. Never knew him, but his name is on my birth certificate.

Aaahhh...I was joking, but that's f'ed up. Glad she got away from him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Yeah I thought that was kind of a weird post as well.  You buddy killed a guy so he didnt get his ass kicked?

Sounds like self defense to me.  
    Not to derail on a debate about what constitutes murder but if you think someone is going to punch you around and you bring a knife, and he dies?  To me, that is murder. 
    Take your ass kicking.
    Bring your friends
    Call the police
    Even bring a bat.
    Whatever...but carrying a knife and using it to avoid being punched up is murder, to me, if you stab someone to death.
    I have taken a few beatings in my day and they suck.  I am very glad I never stabbed anyone to stop them.
    That is me, though.  I totally recognize others might feel differently and I am fully aware that society these days looks at an ass kicking as something totally different than it did 25 years ago.

Btw, I do think it is awful that some asswipe chased the guy and beat him up because he was jealous...clearly that is wrong and the guy deserved a beating or punishment for it.  (I just dont think he deserved death.)

not murder. murder requires some type of intent. protection is not intent. manslaughter at best.
    Agreed. Although I hate violence but if I was on that jury, I’d call it self defense. You can’t just torture someone and get away with it. 
    F Me In The Brain said:
    Yeah sorry to jump the thread to another place.
    I know (and see here) many will disagree but hold my opinion that carrying a weapon because you are afraid to get beaten up and then using that weapon to cause a death is not OK. 
    Carrying a gun because you are afraid of being punched is, to me, a big part of what is wrong with things today. 
    The only reason to carry a gun is the intent to use it. 
    I never want to kill a person -- and I surely wouldn't want to take a person's life to avoidan ass kicking.  (Although I very much would like to avoid ever having my ass kicked again.  It is unpleasant.)

I agree. Carry mace or a stun gun but not a lethal weapon like a gun. Fear affects judgment and one can kill another in a moment of rage when it wouldn’t have happened (or at least injured but not dead). I think too many people place such low value on a human life. I could never kill anyone unless it was to protect my children. Then it’s on and they better run. Otherwise, I can’t even imagine hurting someone physically, to any degree. 

^^^Mama Bear :hug:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Yeah I thought that was kind of a weird post as well.  You buddy killed a guy so he didnt get his ass kicked?

Sounds like self defense to me.  
    Not to derail on a debate about what constitutes murder but if you think someone is going to punch you around and you bring a knife, and he dies?  To me, that is murder. 
    Take your ass kicking.
    Bring your friends
    Call the police
    Even bring a bat.
    Whatever...but carrying a knife and using it to avoid being punched up is murder, to me, if you stab someone to death.
    I have taken a few beatings in my day and they suck.  I am very glad I never stabbed anyone to stop them.
    That is me, though.  I totally recognize others might feel differently and I am fully aware that society these days looks at an ass kicking as something totally different than it did 25 years ago.

Btw, I do think it is awful that some asswipe chased the guy and beat him up because he was jealous...clearly that is wrong and the guy deserved a beating or punishment for it.  (I just dont think he deserved death.)

Just be a good little victim?

Come on, man.

There's definitely better ways to defend yourself... but the operative term is 'defend yourself'. I think it's better to advise people not to seek people out and kick their ass on a routine basis.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited March 2018
    Nothing in what I shared said to be a good victim.  Don't be silly.   Re-read and make a comment.

I am clear in my stance that the bully is wrong, and I support fighting back.  I just think bringing a lethal weapon to an anticipated fight is wrong.  Killing someone to avoid a punch up is wrong.  Taking human life is wrong.  (My belief, you can certainly believe and explain whatever you want.  )
  • Nothing in what I shared said to be a good victim.  Don't be silly.   Re-read and make a comment.

I am clear in my stance that the bully is wrong, and I support fighting back.  I just think bringing a lethal weapon to an anticipated fight is wrong.  Killing someone to avoid a punch up is wrong.  Taking human life is wrong.  (My belief, you can certainly believe and explain whatever you want.  )

You seem to suggest 'be a good victim' here too (Killing someone to avoid a punch up is wrong). I'm pretty sure the victim did not want to 'kill' his assailant as much as he likely wished for his assailant to leave him alone after repeated attacks.

There is no way the 'victim' can anticipate if the bully has a line he will not cross. Let's say the victim gets a couple good shots in while defending himself and his assailant becomes incensed... and escalates his intensity in the moment or walks away and seethes- plotting something more sinister: what then? Let's say the bully tires of the routine beatings and wishes to do some serious harm to the victim (curb stomp his arm... baseball bat... ): what then?

The victim has the right to take precautions they feel is necessary to defend themselves- they do not need to concern themselves with an assailant who is demonstrating a pattern of behaviour with no end in sight. A 'dust up' that ends at the scene... I'd agree with you; however, targeted and somewhat sociopathic behaviour is more serious. The victim did not need to play the victim so the shithead could play the bully.

If the victim had armed himself and hunted his assailant down... I'd be thinking your position is well taken, but if I remember correctly... the victim had armed himself to defend himself as he had been forced to before. Two different things in my mind.

Anyways... you or I aren't the problem here. I'd never victimize anyone and I don't get the feeling you would either. So... cheers to you and I for that.  
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I think you are missing my point, but that is ok.  You are correct that neither of us want to harm others.

I am not the type of person to turn the other cheek...I admit to being surprised that people seem to value human life so little but I guess I should not be, in this day and age where someone who is bullied feels justified in shooting the school up.  
    The fact that so many of us know murderers or attempted murderers shows that I am in the minority with my opinions on this.  
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Is it a bully issue from the start? Were the attackers bullied? Learned behavior? Medication? Lost in life? Lonely? 

These school shootings need to fucking stop! There was a recent school stabbing too with 11 or so injured. Wtf man!?

I know that's a whole other discussion but feel free here to discuss anything lol.

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Would like to add I know there's no answer really to what I asked just seems by now we'd be further ahead. Have we learned nothing. 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Nothing in what I shared said to be a good victim.  Don't be silly.   Re-read and make a comment.

I know you personally didn’t mean anything bad by that comment at all, so please don’t see this as a criticism against you. But, in general, maybe not the best thing for anyone to say when discussing something with people that have been hurt? It may make it seem like their feelings aren’t being validated? Just concerned. :peace:

I still agree that it is not ok to take another life, with a few exceptions...if someone is being brutally attacked where they truly fear for his or her life (usually not a bullying situation), or if someone harms my kids or my friends’ or acquaintances’ kids because I think of them as my own. Depends on what it is, but watch out! I may be little but I will beat some fuckers down if need be. Who’s gonna post a fighting midget gif for me? :giggle:

But we also need to remember that bullying often does lead to a life taken...children as young as 8 are committing suicide because they feel they have no other way out. That is outrageous and must be stopped.  

And all all those stories where the bullies bring a weapon or kill the victim. Killer Kids...yikes! 

It’s a fucked up situation all the way around. 
    And yes, I was bullied as a kid. It deeply affected me. I don’t believe in violence but when I was discussing bullying with my kids, I told them to fight back hard and squash that shit right away. Damn straight, I did! :punch:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    rgambs said:
    No i don't know anyone personally that has taken a human life , i tend to steer away from any violent person ...
    To put it plainly i'd rather be with an animal ...
    No veteran friends?
    Not really can’t think of any from my past ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    No i don't know anyone personally that has taken a human life , i tend to steer away from any violent person ...
    To put it plainly i'd rather be with an animal ...
    Animals are pretty awesome, Jose!

Let's get the analogy right. How about... ohhh... "I'd rather pass a kidney stone!"
    lol like it ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • My co-worker at the US Postal Service shot and killed a supervisor at work. I had already transferred to another facility when it happened so I was not there at the time, but I was surprised when I found out who the shooter was. We worked together on a Letter Sorting Machine, and as a group we had all breaks and lunchtimes together on the graveyard shift for years. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-07-11/local/me-22544_1_postal-workers

• EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    My high school english teacher was murdered by her 18 year old daughter.  I think I was in graduate school at the time and my mom told me the girl waited until her father was out of town and made it look like a burglary gone wrong.  She shot her mother when her mother was asleep in bed.  This is in a small town so everybody knew everybody and it came out that my teacher (who was a fantastic teacher, btw) had verbally abused her daughter for years.  Lots of people in town rallied behind the girl - the family went to my church and the church was very supportive of the girl.  

She was convicted of first degree murder.  I'm not sure how long she was in prison, but she's been out for a while and I noticed her in my hometown Facebook group.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Enkidu said:
    My high school english teacher was murdered by her 18 year old daughter.  I think I was in graduate school at the time and my mom told me the girl waited until her father was out of town and made it look like a burglary gone wrong.  She shot her mother when her mother was asleep in bed.  This is in a small town so everybody knew everybody and it came out that my teacher (who was a fantastic teacher, btw) had verbally abused her daughter for years.  Lots of people in town rallied behind the girl - the family went to my church and the church was very supportive of the girl.  

She was convicted of first degree murder.  I'm not sure how long she was in prison, but she's been out for a while and I noticed her in my hometown Facebook group.  
    jesus
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    This guy was getting attacked over and over.   He’s supposed to take his beatings like a good little wimp?   :lol:

we dont even know the rest of the story but i dont blame any victim of violence for arming themselves with a weapon like a knife. I know im not the only one here who grew up on a rough block. 
    Speaking of rough blocks...I grew up in Chicago and walked everywhere by myself at all hours, including the West Side. Everyone wondered how I did that and stayed safe. I found out a couple years later why...it turns out everyone thought I was a cop. They figured there’s no way a little white girl could walk through that hood with that much confidence unless I was a cop. :rofl:
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited March 2018
    I do not know any murderers. 
    But back in 2001, I worked with a friend of mine at a outdoor camp for "troubled teens" in West Virginia.  The idea was to take troubled teens, young teens into the woods and rough it.  Hiking, backpacking and camping for 6 to 12 week sessions.  Teaching them survival skills, keeping them away from drugs and alcohol, or whatever other vices/demons they were struggling with.  The parents of  these kids were paying a fortune for this 6-12 week outdoor education/rehab program that did really great things for some of them, and not so much good for others. 
    My job was logistics.  They had several different groups at a time at varying stages of the class.  So I was
    Hauling food, & firewood out to the various campsites using a ATV with a trailer. 
    My friend was one of the counselors for these kids.
    Anyway I was involved in the groups orientation day.  They arrive in a bus
    (10 kids/group) they get out and we are in the woods, that's where they get out.
    They are given a backpack and all the Essentials, warm clothes/bedding xcetera needed for life in the forest.  They had tents in place already at the various campsites. 
    I was there in January, February, & March that year, so it was cold snowy & winter.  The idea is that they are out of their element so they have no choice but to pay attention & do what they are told.
    Each group gets orientation when they arrive.
    During orientation I was handing out supplies/Essentials/backpacks to each of these kids, as they were listening to a guy telling them about the program and what they're trying to do and accomplish, and what the goal is.  (A departure from life's vices, a newfound self-respect, self-esteem, respect for others, respect for nature, self confidence, self purpose, teamwork, a sense of belonging, & perseverance, setting goals and accomplishing goals, and coming out a better person at the other end.)
    A lot of the kids during orientation, are restless throwing snowballs, misbehaving, rude, disrespectful.  Talking smack to each other, running around.
    But there was this one young kid in particular about 12 or 13 years old.  I handed him his stuff (most of the kids looked up at me and said thanks or made some sort of a snarky remark) But this (one) He didn't even look up at me.  He was not listening to the orientation speech, he wanted nothing to do with any of the other kids that were there.  He was staring at the ground.
    Long story short, I told my friend (who was one of the counselors that was going to be working with this group.) . I said, "Hey!!, pay close attention to this one kid I think he's in trouble."  My friend said to me "What do you mean?". I said "all the other kids are running around throwing snowballs and arguing and being and being assholes."  I said this kid is in serious trouble, detached,,, he doesn't care about anything...  So my friend was one of the counselors camping out with the group.  I was in logistics so every evening I went back to  town where they had lodging for the employees. 
    3 weeks later,,,
    10:00pm I was in bed sleeping, I got a call from one of the bosses to get myself down to the Trailhead with the ATV, ASAP! possible suicide.  I got to the trailhead at the same time the ambulance got there,,, I had to give the paramedics a ride down into the camp on the ATV, the campsite was 2 miles in the woods off the road.  By the time we got there it was already too late.  One of the kids from a group, went missing around supper time 6 p.m. the search was on long before anyone called me, but they found him over a small hill only about 50 yards behind the campsite hanging in a tree unresponsive unrevivable.  The paramedics tried for a few a few minutes, but no such luck.  Pronounced him dead at the scene.
    So they put him on a stretcher wrapped him up, and I had to drive him (13 year deceased kid on a stretcher,, strap it to the back of the ATV, and drive him & the paramedics out of the woods to the ambulance. 
    It was the same 13 year old boy, that I was worried about during orientation, that I told my buddy to pay close attention to.
    I don't blame my friend for not listening to me.  He had a job to do along with several other counselors, responsible for 10 kids.  One slipped out of sight for a few minutes after dusk.
    But while I was driving out there to the sean, I knew before I got there which kid it was.
    So, we all have our sad tales to tell.
    https://youtu.be/pOGJntWO2UQ
    Be careful with each other, these fragile flames,,,,

Post edited by RYME on
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Sad story indeed, Ryme.

I don't think it's so strange that so many people here know someone who's committed a violent crime.  Especially with the internet and social media, we all have the chance to be overly informed about what people are doing and it's not hard to learn about someone we may have known a long time ago.

My dad grew up in the 1930s and 40s and had a story about how 2 people in his 3rd grade class grew up to become murderers, one of them even making the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list.  It wasn't a particularly violent time or place, just a weird coincidence.

A guy I knew in college committed a murder several years after we'd all graduated.  He was older than the rest of us that hung out together and was open about having a felony conviction for theft.  A lot of things in his background where unusual to me but he was trying to get a degree and improve his life.  It was obvious he was an alcoholic though.

He did OK for a few years after college, then things fell apart for him, for whatever reason.  He was working as a bartender in some crummy little place and one night got mad and stabbed another employee to death.  It was after closing, so there were no witnesses.  He was obviously intoxicated when the cops arrived and couldn't tell them much except he'd had a fight with the guy.  He received a life sentence and is still in prison.  Most of the people who'd known him in college were surprised at what he'd done.  While I'd never expected he'd do something like that, I wasn't completely surprised.  I'd had a few glimpses of his potential for violence and I was a little afraid of him.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited March 2018
    I knew a guy once who married an axe murderer.  Freaky stuff.

In fact he looks a lot like the avatar of who started this thread.  Is that you Charlie? 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

In fact he looks a lot like the avatar of who started this thread.  Is that you Charlie? 
    We have a piper down. I repeat: a piper is down. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    dankind said:

We have a piper down. I repeat: a piper is down. 
    Look at the size of that boy's heed! HEAD! MOVE!