Who are you?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Not to be confused with Loo.  ;)
    That is awesome that you are doing the solo trips.  My wife would kill me if I went trans-atlantic w/o her!
    Ha. Yeh husband not really a fan, so just told me to go for it. I thought he'd lose his shit at the suggestion of Seattle, but so far so good 
    I thought it was expensive to do Seattle from the east coast of the US.  Gotta kill from England. 
    Good on you.  I encourage my wife to do things solo but with the kids it is tough for her to get away.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife Christine and I at Fenway. We have five kids.  See ya at wrigley!
    My first reaction is, what position do you play?

"On the on-deck circle batting right handed, McGruff takes a few practice swings.  His playing at third base has been outstanding this year..."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife Christine and I at Fenway. We have five kids.  See ya at wrigley!
    My first reaction is, what position do you play?

"On the on-deck circle batting right handed, McGruff takes a few practice swings.  His playing at third base has been outstanding this year..."
    Lol. I played baseball into college (many moons ago).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited March 2018

No disrespect to the OP.  Thanks for sharing info.  Just that this thread reminds me of one of the best parts of this movie...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Two! Four! Six! Oh! Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne-uh!!!!!!!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Two! Four! Six! Oh! Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne-uh!!!!!!!!!!
    Dankind is the bomb!  (see his avatar!)  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited March 2018
    Who do you think you are? I AM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrdYpzsgp4o

:lol:

Reminds me of the time a friend of mine took me see to a professional bowling match with the TV camera and the works.  This one hot shot was having a bad game and got so mad, he grabbed his bowling ball and went out the side entrance and with the door open for all to see, smashed his ball on the pavement!

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Big Ern, best bowler ever!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    If I were a professional bowler, I’d definitely be “PDW” Pete Weber. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm Levi and I'm a hillhippy in Ohio.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, my name is Goodluck Jonathan. I was president of Nigeria from 2010-2015.

I was born in Baylelsa to a family of canoe makers. I hold a BS degree in Zoology in which I attained second class honors. I hold an  M Sc degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries Biology and a PHD degree in Zoology from U of PH. Before I entered politics in 1998, I worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer which is where my love for Pearl Jam blossomed. 

I now live in the Philadelphia area and work in the mortgage industry. I am an avid sports fan and love to golf as much as possible. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I’m Quinn, a medicine man.  I once watched a grown man fart directly at my face.  90 degree angle, unclothed butthole. Changed my life forever.  I can lift a fully grown horse above my head and have never lost a battle to a mammal.
    PTSD, lol :o
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I was born in Baylelsa to a family of canoe makers. I hold a BS degree in Zoology in which I attained second class honors. I hold an  M Sc degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries Biology and a PHD degree in Zoology from U of PH. Before I entered politics in 1998, I worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer which is where my love for Pearl Jam blossomed. 

I now live in the Philadelphia area and work in the mortgage industry. I am an avid sports fan and love to golf as much as possible. 

:bow:

You might want to update your contact info on your site President Jonathan (Yenogoa. Bayelsa State. Nigeria )

Really enjoyed reading you biography on your site though.  Great work there, especially commitment to peace!

I am one of the following:  You choose:

The Walrus
    I am, I said.
    I am mine.
    The best guitar player on my block.
    The Six O'clock News.
    What I am is what I am are you what you are or what?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    brianlux said:

You might want to update your contact info on your site President Jonathan (Yenogoa. Bayelsa State. Nigeria )

Really enjoyed reading you biography on your site though.  Great work there, especially commitment to peace!
    My site is operated by rogue, kayak building, gringos. You cannot trust anything you see there. It has been that way since I left the presidency.
    God bless..
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    My name is Christine O'Donnell.
    I am not a witch.
    Im you.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

brianlux said:

My site is operated by rogue, kayak building, gringos. You cannot trust anything you see there. It has been that way since I left the presidency.
    God bless..
    I see!  Yeah, I don't trust rogue, kayak building, gringos as far as I can throw them!

Peace and Love, everyone!  (That's Nigerian for "Peace and Love, everyone!"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Nigeria)

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2018
    I am Jim Morrison's son.
    Fuck you
    Love is the only answer to the riddle
    Post edited by Shyner on
    Shyner said:
    My name is kevin
    I am female. A lesbian
    I love women more than anything
    I have had bad experiences ive shared
    Take a person for they're word
    Sometimes you have no idea. 

Bye everyone .See ya on facebook
    Why bye, Shy?

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I'm scott. I'm much older than you. Most people here think I am quite the asshole. Just dont say it oht loud here. Youll get spanked. 

Stay away from dankind, rob, nart (he's banned), and hedo. She will get you in a lot of trouble.

Mods: If the asshole comment threatens to shut this thread down, just delete it or tell me and I will. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    I'm scott. I'm much older than you. Most people here think I am quite the asshole. Just dont say it oht loud here. Youll get spanked. 

Stay away from dankind, rob, nart (he's banned), and hedo. She will get you in a lot of trouble.

Mods: If the asshole comment threatens to shut this thread down, just delete it or tell me and I will. 
    An honest man, can't beat that--  even if you are wrong- we don't think you're an a know.  We know it!  Haha.  No man, you're cool!

edited March 2018
    OK, so all kidding aside.... 

...but here's the thing about that, see.  I was reading Sherman Alexie's really great recent memoir/autobiography/collection of interwoven writings- really accessible stuff but brilliant at the same time.  Gotta love it.

So anyway, at one point, Sherman is talking about this friend of his who knows him well and the friend says, "Sherman, how come you're never funny around me?  You're always serious in public but you're always so serious with me, man."  And Sherman tells him that's because he sort of uses humor as a way to shield his flaws around people.  I'll bet Robin Williams did the same thing.  Two great men.

I'm no where near as famous as those guys but I share that trait at times when I can't deal well.  I make a joke.  Sherman and Robin's are funnier.

Other times I'm totally serious.  Almost dead serious.

I'm probably at least a little prone to "Manic Depression".  When Jimi Hendrix came out with the song of that title and used it to describe himself, I knew there was hope.

I have at least five major and great blessings in my life- my wife who is amazing, family and friends who are marvelous, music which is like food water shelter and clothing for me, books which feed my brain and spark my imagination and these forums with you, my Pearl Jam friends, who I feel close to via words on a screen.  That sounds odd but remember, C.S. Lewis had long running correspondence with "an American Lady" whom he never met and that was a great relationship they had. 

I try to be aware of the needs of others and give good empathy and focus on their needs but I'm also very selfish and self absorbed at times.  I don't mean to be but that's part of my neuroses- but I try try try to keep it in check. 

In his book, Sherman talks about his mental health issues and they are BIG and yet he is amazing so, once again, I feel hope.

I've survived suicide and my penance is to live no matter what.  That's kind of heavy but it also serves as a notion that it can be done and it also opens the door to those times when life is great.  And when life is great, it's awesome great.   When it sucks, I suck it in and hack.

That's probably more than you need to know about me but if not, my memoir is finally almost done (final edit has been sent to the printer!).  It took me 3 1/2 years with seven revisions and two major edits.    If nothing else, the photos in it are cool.

Post edited by brianlux on

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Blux is the resident hippie. We go at it from time to time about the earth. But the dude is passionate about the envrioment. He's good people.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Hrrmph to you, good sir!

In a nutshell, I'm flawed in ways and not in others...like most people, I guess.  Time and experience have a way of both fucking with you, and opening your eyes.
    Blux is the resident hippie. We go at it from time to time about the earth. But the dude is passionate about the envrioment. He's good people.
    And Degeneratefk is our resident degenerate, haha! 
    Naaah!  You're good people too.  Honest and willing to duke it out fair and square. 
    Cheers, friend!

hedonist said:

Hrrmph to you, good sir!

In a nutshell, I'm flawed in ways and not in others...like most people, I guess.  Time and experience have a way of both fucking with you, and opening your eyes.
    Hedo, you have the best Hrrmph on the boards, lol!
    And you have a good soul.  :-)
    Cheers!

brianlux said:
    And Degeneratefk is our resident degenerate, haha! 
    Naaah!  You're good people too.  Honest and willing to duke it out fair and square. 
    Cheers, friend!

hedonist said:

Hrrmph to you, good sir!

Hedo, you have the best Hrrmph on the boards, lol!
    And you have a good soul.  :-)
    Cheers!
    Thank you for the kind words and the smile you brought :)

Cheers back, B!