Red Rocks.

I went to Moab this past July and it was such a magnificent site to behold. There are quite a few of us girls on forums that would love nothing more than to actually meet one another. And we feel that Red Rocks would be the perfect place in the middle to meet. We've all been friends for years on Facebook.And if Pearl Jam could find it in their hearts to play Red Rocks, They'd find a fanbase like never before.

Comments

• tburelletburelle Posts: 1
    I agree. RR's is an awesome place and I would love to see my favorite band come there. Perfect place to see the best band to ever play.
  • JB288319JB288319 Posts: 82
    That would be amazing. Unfortunately have a feeling that their days of playing sub 10,000 seat venues are over. Would love to be wrong about that though
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i don't get why any band, pj included, would not want to play there(again).
    seriously.top shelf stuff
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited March 2018
    I really want to go at some point, and a PJ show would be the perfect reason to!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    i don't get why any band, pj included, would not want to play there(again).
    seriously.top shelf stuff
    Like JB288319 said, I don't think it's a matter of theb and wanting to play there, it's the size of the venue. It only holds 10k people.

PJ seems to be evolving to an environment where they play the least shows possible to the most amount of people.   Smaller venues seem to be getting less and less likely.

I'd love to see a show at Red Rocks and would totally go if PJ played there.  So would everyone else.  Be a tough ticket to get :(
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    This is a dream show.  Mike has said he would like to return, however I don’t think I’ll hold my breath for anything in Denver smaller than Pepsi center. 
    not playing at red rocks because tickets would be hard to get is just a bad excuse to not play there. imo
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Let's go PJ. Book it. Please play RR 7 nights in a row!!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    This would be the ultimate place for me to want to see them. But I just don't see it happening. 10k seats? You figure they squeeze in about 45000 at Wrigley and they do 2 shows and there are still a boat load of people when can't score tickets.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited March 2018
    ok how about adding some red rocks shows to a tour with 29 other usa shows/dates. instead of playing 6 shows only in the usa in 1 year
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    That would helo, but PJ fans tour with the band like crazy. And Red Rocks is such a destination that many of us would have it on our list of places to go.

For what it's worth, I'm not against it at all.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Not Pearl Jam, but just happened to buy tix to my first Red Rocks show today! The Revivalists, Houndmouth, and J Roddy Walston. So excited to check that one off the bucket list, even if it's not for a PJ show
  • Seen the Jacket at RR twice, unreal experience.
    Sure, I'd love to see PJ there. But, I really don't care since getting tickets would be next to impossible
    7 nights. TC lottery. We're all guaranteed to get at least 2 shows. 
    edited March 2018
    ttb, doyle bramall and sharon jones
    it hailed at one point. they stopped the show. the storm passed. they wiped off the stage and continued right where they left off
    the show ended 35min past 11pm and it was magical
  • ryan_kellettryan_kellett Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    not playing at red rocks because tickets would be hard to get is just a bad excuse to not play there. imo
    PJ at Red Rocks would be great, however even if they had the desire to I'm not certain if it would be an option.  I know that bands with huge followings such as Phish and the Dead (and Co) are no longer available to book there because managing the logistics of the total crowd size proved to be a daunting task.  The same I feel like could be said for a PJ crowd.  Do you have an extra 10k-20k that descend upon Morrison and the parking lot begging and pleading to get in? 
    The venue than has to employ 2 x 3 times the amount of security outside  just to streamline the process.  Red Rocks tried bringing Phish back in '09 for 4 nights after a 13 year hiatus of not finding it feasible and encountered the same logistical issues that they had experienced in '96. 

I'd love it to happen.  It's a mind blowing venue.  But it's a two way street between the band wanting to play there and the venue wanting them to play  there.  I believe that Red Rocks tends to sell itself and bringing in bands with second tier demands such as Sturgill Simpson, Ryan Adams,Jason Isbell, etc is there niche. 
    The biggest artist I have seen at Red Rocks was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  Huge obviously, however it isn't common for the Petty crowd to have mass amounts of people traveling with their fingers in the air.

I might be wrong.  Just my .02

Post edited by ryan_kellett on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    PJ at Red Rocks would be great, however even if they had the desire to I'm not certain if it would be an option.  I know that bands with huge followings such as Phish and the Dead (and Co) are no longer available to book there because managing the logistics of the total crowd size proved to be a daunting task.  The same I feel like could be said for a PJ crowd.  Do you have an extra 10k-20k that descend upon Morrison and the parking lot begging and pleading to get in? 
    The venue than has to employ 2 x 3 times the amount of security outside  just to streamline the process.  Red Rocks tried bringing Phish back in '09 for 4 nights after a 13 year hiatus of not finding it feasible and encountered the same logistical issues that they had experienced in '96. 

I'd love it to happen.  It's a mind blowing venue.  But it's a two street between the band and the venue in playing there.  I believe that Red Rocks tends to sell itself and bringing in bands with second tier demands such as Sturgill Simpson, Ryan Adams,Jason Isbell, etc is there niche. 
    The biggest artist I have seen at Red Rocks was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  Huge obviously, however it is common for the Petty crowd to have mass amounts of people traveling with their fingers in the air.

Doesn't Dave Matthews play there every year?

Not sure why PJ couldn't play there?

I'd love it to happen.  It's a mind blowing venue.  But it's a two street between the band and the venue in playing there.  I believe that Red Rocks tends to sell itself and bringing in bands with second tier demands such as Sturgill Simpson, Ryan Adams,Jason Isbell, etc is there niche. 
    The biggest artist I have seen at Red Rocks was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  Huge obviously, however it is common for the Petty crowd to have mass amounts of people traveling with their fingers in the air.

Pretty sure it’s been close to 15 years since DMB played there, but I think the main point is that’s its such a small venue and demand would be absolutely insane due to it being such a popular spot, probably more than any DMB show. Doesn’t make it impossible but it would be a nightmare for the crew and venue staff, not to mention ticket sales (and re-sellers.) I don’t blame them if they didn’t want to deal with all that
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624

You are thinking of The Gorge I believe. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Red Lukin said:
    7 nights. TC lottery. We're all guaranteed to get at least 2 shows. 
    True, but it's a band who seeming plays less and less.    From the band perspective would they rather spend 7 nights playing to 70000 people or like the upcoming tour spend 7 nights playing to 300000 people.

The band keeps touring in smaller and smaller doses.    They try to play to as wide a net as possible in the few shows they play.    Red Rocks would be incredibly awesome, but given the direction the band is going, it seems like a long shot having them spend that much time play to so few people.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    JB288319 said:

Pretty sure it’s been close to 15 years since DMB played there, but I think the main point is that’s its such a small venue and demand would be absolutely insane due to it being such a popular spot, probably more than any DMB show. Doesn’t make it impossible but it would be a nightmare for the crew and venue staff, not to mention ticket sales (and re-sellers.) I don’t blame them if they didn’t want to deal with all that
    PJNB said:

You are thinking of The Gorge I believe. 
    Whoops...My bad.
    i think comparing pj fans to dead/phish fans is a bit of a stretch. i have seen no grilled chesse sammiches and budweisers for a buck in pj parking lots or especially there's no unwashed dirty tour heads(lol) walking around with their finger up in the air looking for a miracle. a lot of extra fans show up without tickets for those bands/shows for 1 reason only.
    petty did red rocks last year. and imo very comparable crowds/fans
    and ya who knows there is the argument that pj only want to play large massive venues with big $ for sales but they did play telluride...
    it's allll a lot of speculation as to why and why not but bottom line is they just should  :)
    Totally agree with you Zod and I get you... unfortunately