Options

Happy to be in the Building

Even with a very high10c number got reserved for both Seattle shows and GA for Missoula in the lottery. I'm assuming my seats in Seattle will be upper deck, hopefully down low but I'm ok with that seeing that it was next to impossible to get anything through TM presale or general. It's going to be a great week with the 2 shows here, Sub Pop anniversary shows at Alki and then hit the road with my son for Missoula. Longtime fan who has never had the chance to see them live, even had tickets a few times but had to sell for conflicts, making up for it this summer. For those coming from out of town, you are in for a treat, Safeco and the surrounding area will be a great atmosphere with lots of fans out celebrating the home shows.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you're gonna have a blast. I'm making a trip to the US for the Seattle shows, on top of the UK and some euro dates. The summer cannot roll around fast enough!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Even with a very high10c number got reserved for both Seattle shows and GA for Missoula in the lottery. I'm assuming my seats in Seattle will be upper deck, hopefully down low but I'm ok with that seeing that it was next to impossible to get anything through TM presale or general. It's going to be a great week with the 2 shows here, Sub Pop anniversary shows at Alki and then hit the road with my son for Missoula. Longtime fan who has never had the chance to see them live, even had tickets a few times but had to sell for conflicts, making up for it this summer. For those coming from out of town, you are in for a treat, Safeco and the surrounding area will be a great atmosphere with lots of fans out celebrating the home shows.

:clap:
    Love your attitude!!
    After 31 shows...
    I'm ALWAYS happy to just be in the building!!!
    These "Home Shows" are going to be very special...
    you picked a good set of shows for your first!!
    Hope you and your son have a GREAT roadtrip to Missoula too :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I'm 15 years in to my membership so I should have decent seats for Wrigley.  When I tell people that I don't know where I'll be sitting yet, it blows their minds. "Why would you buy tickets without knowing?"....Because it doesn't matter, as long as I'm there. 
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    The best thing about the Seattle shows is that it’s the only show that won’t get canceled if it rains! 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Same here- I'm just happy to be in the building (fenway).  Last time I was obsessed with getting the closest seats possible.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Even in the 90s i was just happy to have a guanteed ticket.  One of my fav shows was one i was way way back for 
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I used to be HAPPY just to be in the building, but then I got up near the front a couple of times and it's a totally different experience...next level shit. Now when friends have tickets to other bands I'm pretty hesitant to say yes if the seats suck

-spoiled by PJ
  • Options
    I used to be HAPPY just to be in the building, but then I got up near the front a couple of times and it's a totally different experience...next level shit. Now when friends have tickets to other bands I'm pretty hesitant to say yes if the seats suck

-spoiled by PJ
    I would normally agree with that, my preference is small shows up close. But with a high 10c number and difficulty getting tickets happy to see the shows in Seattle. I do have 10C GA for Missoula, that's where I'll get to see them up close.
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613

-spoiled by PJ
    I would normally agree with that, my preference is small shows up close. But with a high 10c number and difficulty getting tickets happy to see the shows in Seattle. I do have 10C GA for Missoula, that's where I'll get to see them up close.

I totally agree with small venues, but how often does that happen with great bands. Irving Plaza was pretty sick