Options

Stubhub Tickets Legit

dmbowers98dmbowers98 Pennsylvania, USA Posts: 24
It seems like most of the tickets on stubhub would have come from 10C members, and if that is the case how in the world would the seller go about distributing them? Worst case scenario, I may end up purchasing one off of there if the Wednesday sale doesn't go well. I feel as though it would be a shitshow trying to actually get your ticket from them.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,054
    If you need one, why not get an extra from someone on here?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    pjl44 said:
    +1

Patience. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    edited February 2018
    There has also been a sale for season ticket holders and the Ticketmaster presale. Lots of season ticket holders buy tix and flip them in the secondary market in hopes to offset the cost of their season tickets. Any pair you see on there tells you it’s not 10C tix. One ticket is non-transferable
    Post edited by chitownp76 on
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    I am definitely considering buying one from someone on here if need be, but if at all possible I'd like to try the standard sale so I can get 2 tickets for me and my father. If that doesn't pan out I will definitely say screw it and just get one.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    It seems like most of the tickets on stubhub would have come from 10C members...
    Not following, what makes you think this?
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    dmbolp said:
    It seems like most of the tickets on stubhub would have come from 10C members...
    I’ve seen a few people between this board and Facebook saying that 10C tix were being scalped on StubHub. While that may have been the case on past tours with day of show will call and StubHub LMS pickup, I think they’ve all but cut out StubHub for 10C extras this time around due to the mobile ticketing feature. With the ticket being transferable one time only through a secure online account, you’ll need to know the person you’re transferring the ticket to and have their email/phone number in order contact them directly to get them access to the ticket. StubHub buyers and sellers never make direct contact with each other. StubHub acts as an intermediary to facilitate the transaction, either by uploading the pdf and sending that to the buyer, sending the seller a UPS label to ship hard tickets (StubHub’s info listed as return address), or on-site Last Minute Services. I don’t think StubHub will be able to facilitate the secure online account transfer because it seems like there’s not a way for them to be an intermediary.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    they dont have the tix,its speculative...its scalpers..u buy now and they can not make it happen and u will get your  money back and u will not have tix..dont buy from there
    nothing to do with 10c members,,and no need to mention,0c meber dont have the tix yet
    only peoiple have tix to sell at the moment are season tix holders of the venue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    deadendp said:
    pjl44 said:
    +1

Patience. 

Yes. Patience. 
  • Options
    preble69preble69 Posts: 134
    kasedoug said:
    dmbolp said:
    I’ve seen a few people between this board and Facebook saying that 10C tix were being scalped on StubHub. While that may have been the case on past tours with day of show will call and StubHub LMS pickup, I think they’ve all but cut out StubHub for 10C extras this time around due to the mobile ticketing feature. With the ticket being transferable one time only through a secure online account, you’ll need to know the person you’re transferring the ticket to and have their email/phone number in order contact them directly to get them access to the ticket. StubHub buyers and sellers never make direct contact with each other. StubHub acts as an intermediary to facilitate the transaction, either by uploading the pdf and sending that to the buyer, sending the seller a UPS label to ship hard tickets (StubHub’s info listed as return address), or on-site Last Minute Services. I don’t think StubHub will be able to facilitate the secure online account transfer because it seems like there’s not a way for them to be an intermediary.

you can sell/buy mobile tickets on stubhub. Most places are getting rid of the PDF ticket

• Options
    What about the tickets that say they are UPS shipped and not digital? Is it safe to assume that these are from season ticket holders and such and would be safe? Like I said, I'm trying to get 2 tickets and got shut out from the 10C and regular sale this morning. Looking for my best option.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,054
    What about the tickets that say they are UPS shipped and not digital? Is it safe to assume that these are from season ticket holders and such and would be safe? Like I said, I'm trying to get 2 tickets and got shut out from the 10C and regular sale this morning. Looking for my best option.
    Hard tickets were available for the non-10C sales. Now is the absolute worst time to buy, though. You'll get taken to the cleaners. These are big shows and there will be plenty of tickets around weeks and days before the show.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    If its UPS shipped its definitely from a non 10 club sale. And don't assume because it's a decent seat that it was 10 club.

I saw tons of seats for sale last week in the verified sale that are better than what I got from 10 club 2 years ago at Wrigley. I think PJ normally reserves the best seats for the fan club, but that's not 100% true with these ballpark shows.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    I still say that TM and Stubhub work hand in hand. 
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    ski-bum said:
    Not sure about that. TM has their own secondary market. They are competitors.
  • Options
    ski-bum said:
    Not sure about that. TM has their own secondary market. They are competitors.
    They work together like Coke and Pepsi.
    Gorge
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
    We support face value only here. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.