Ohana Fest 2018

So I was wondering if the festival would be the same weekend as last year, but I found this: http://www.dohenystatebeach.org/event-items/the-ohana-fest/
Looks like it will be at the end of September if this is accurate. 

Comments

• True!  The Dana Point Chamber of Commerce just established the events calendar for 2018.  Here's a screen shot of late Sept.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Hopefully the lineup gets announced soon. I think Jane's Addiction would be perfect for Ohana. Put them in the Social Distortion headlining spot on Friday night!
    Jane's Addiction - Eddie Vedder - Ben Harper
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I'll be there again if Eddie is (pretty sure this only happens with him as the headliner)!  Hotel purchased!
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Thanks for the heads up. Hotel booked now just in case. Hoping for a great lineup!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    I'll be there again if Eddie is (pretty sure this only happens with him as the headliner)!  Hotel purchased!
    I doubt I'll be able to pull this off with Boston and Chicago so close but I cannot recommend this event enough
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    I doubt I'll be able to pull this off with Boston and Chicago so close but I cannot recommend this event enough
    I really don't see it being a problem.  Ohana is 3 1/2 weeks after the last PJ show in Boston.  And Eddie IS Ohana pretty much right?
  • Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    I’ve never been. Where is this at? I saw that Travels said Dana Point so I’m assuming this is in San Diego? 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited February 2018
    Corey G said:
    I’ve never been. Where is this at? I saw that Travels said Dana Point so I’m assuming this is in San Diego? 
    It's in south Orange County at Doheny State Beach. 60 miles north of San Diego. theohanafest.com
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • OMG it is SO good!  I've been to Ohana both years and Jane's/Ben Harper would be a dream!
    Thanks for posting the dates!
    East Lansing, Michigan (August 18, 1998)
    Greensboro, North Carolina (August 06, 2000)
    San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009)
    EV Solo Las Vegas, Nov 1, 2012
    Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013)
    Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014)
    Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014)
    Temple of the Dog SF CA Nov 11, 2016
    EV @ Ohana Fest 2016 and 2017
    Seattle Home Shows Aug 8 and 10, 2018
    Future: Boston Sept 2, 2018
    Future: Boston Sept 4, 2018
    Ohana Fest, 2018
    I really don't see it being a problem.  Ohana is 3 1/2 weeks after the last PJ show in Boston.  And Eddie IS Ohana pretty much right?
    It's his Festival and the date switch away from the PJ shows I think pretty much guarantees he is playing

the Setting is amazing. The grounds are the perfect size and there is only two stages with no overlapped sets. Plus the weather.

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’ve been to both and last year was ran much better than the first year. Hour long lines for food the first year was terrible. Seems like they brought in more vendors and bathrooms to support the crowd. Also some good restaurants and bars close by. Definitely fun event. 
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    My wife and I went last year and had an absolute blast. There were so many amazing sets and it was really cool seeing Eddie guest with a bunch of the other artists. I highly recommend this festival if you can make it!
    Thanks for the info Case! I’ll be in San Diego fishing the first week of October and thought that I could maybe swing this, but 60 miles might be to deep for me. We’ll see who plays this year...
  • erin0128elizerin0128eliz South Jersey Posts: 12
    The lineup was announced 3/13 last year, so hopefully we will hear something in the next few weeks. Went the first year but had to skip last year. Looking forward to going this year!
    the world begins where the road ends...

1998: Camden 1; 2006: Camden 2; 2009: EV Philly 1, Philly 2; 2010: NOLA, Newark; 2011: EV Philly; 2012: MIA Philly, Midtown Atlanta; EV Ft Lauderdale 1; 2013: Philly 1; 2014: Denver; 2015: Mexico City; 2016: Philly 1&2, Quebec, EV Ohana, TOTD NYC; 2017: HOF NYC, EV Sicily 1&2; 2018: Barcelona, Missoula, EV Ohana; 2019: EV Innings, EV Madrid, EV Ohana; 2021: SHN Asbury Park; Ohana Encore 1&2; 2022: EV Newark
    Corey G said:
    Thanks for the info Case! I’ll be in San Diego fishing the first week of October and thought that I could maybe swing this, but 60 miles might be to deep for me. We’ll see who plays this year...
    Depends what part of San Diego you are referring to. If you are talking about North San Diego county, like oceanside, it’s about 25 miles north. A quick jaunt up the 5 fwy. If u are talking about actually SD city, yeah closer to an hour. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Corey G said:

We drove  up from SD both of the last two years. It's really not a big deal/ bad drive, straight up I-5.

And I agree that 2017 was much less chaotic than 2016.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Thanks for the info everyone!

I’ll be close to one of the marinas. Most likely Point Loma area. Maybe I can road trip up there with one of you locals since I’ll be flying there from Washington State! Haha!!! I won’t have a vehicle down there...

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    live in San Diego and went both years, so awesome its a joke!
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    I drove in from Vegas last year on the Saturday. Easy, except for the tolls. If we are talking local LA bands, can we get Silversun Pickups on the request list?
    bump. guessing no update until April, given the later September dates this year.
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    I was looking at Ben Harper's tour schedule, and it seems that he and Charlie Musselwhite are free that weekend...just speculating.
    I was looking at Ben Harper's tour schedule, and it seems that he and Charlie Musselwhite are free that weekend...just speculating.
    Good catch
    We will be taking an Uber from north San Diego if anyone wants to join in. Last year it Was about 45 bucks on the way up, but something like 125 coming home due to high demand. 
    Still going with my prediction of Jane's Addiction - Eddie Vedder - Ben Harper to headline this year. Should have the lineup any day now...
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    chiefnjk said:
    Still going with my prediction of Jane's Addiction - Eddie Vedder - Ben Harper to headline this year. Should have the lineup any day now...
    Im going with you on this, sounds legit
    Ben Harper is likely a no go unless they travel coast to coast as BHIC just got announced for the Sea Hear Now festival that same weekend in NJ.
    kasedoug said:
    Ben Harper is likely a no go unless they travel coast to coast as BHIC just got announced for the Sea Hear Now festival that same weekend in NJ.
    Well I'll be there for that so that's cool. You are probably right about Ohana but Glen Hansard did fly in from Ireland the night before his set just for the festival.
    kasedoug said:
    Well I'll be there for that so that's cool. You are probably right about Ohana but Glen Hansard did fly in from Ireland the night before his set just for the festival.
    True. I remember Ed talking about him flying in. Definitely still a possibility. Guess I was surprised to see BHIC at all since I thought the ICs would be on the shelf for a bit while Ben was touring with Charlie Musselwhite.
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    kasedoug said:
    Oh, bummer! Thanks for the heads up, though. 
    I wonder if Eddie could convince Sleater-Kinney to come down...
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Does anyone remember if they announced the daily lineup with the overall announcement last year or was it later?