TIP: Don't transfer...

whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
I am not going to transfer my +1 ticket until right before we go in to Wrigley. That way if your +1 cannot make the show for whatever reason you can still transfer it to someone else at the last minute if you need to. Just some friendly advice I just thought of.

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm guessing you already have your outfit picked out.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    :rofl:
    I am not going to transfer my +1 ticket until right before we go in to Wrigley. That way if your +1 cannot make the show for whatever reason you can still transfer it to someone else at the last minute if you need to. Just some friendly advice I just thought of.
    All kidding aside, You don't have to transfer your +1 if they are walking in with you do you?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Ray J. T. said:
    All kidding aside, You don't have to transfer your +1 if they are walking in with you do you?

No if you are entering together you can keep both tickets together on the ticket holder's phone.

The question is, once inside what about the guest going to the bathroom or concession stand and then getting back to seats. Will they issue little paper seat location receipts like they do for credit card entry shows or do we have to show our phones to get back to our seats.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited February 2018
    :lol: Got my Fenway outfit all set.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• I am not going to transfer my +1 ticket until right before we go in to Wrigley. That way if your +1 cannot make the show for whatever reason you can still transfer it to someone else at the last minute if you need to. Just some friendly advice I just thought of.
    solid advice. thanks
  • sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 85
    Poncier said:
    Ray J. T. said:

No if you are entering together you can keep both tickets together on the ticket holder's phone.

The question is, once inside what about the guest going to the bathroom or concession stand and then getting back to seats. Will they issue little paper seat location receipts like they do for credit card entry shows or do we have to show our phones to get back to our seats.

I'm assuming a screenshot of the ticket sent to the other person should work once  it has been scanned and you are inside the venue?
    Anyone have any experience with other bands using a similar system?

• Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Poncier said:
    Ray J. T. said:

I'm assuming a screenshot of the ticket sent to the other person should work once  it has been scanned and you are inside the venue?
    Anyone have any experience with other bands using a similar system?

I hope there are paper slips for the people that will lose their cell or run out of battery 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Won't paper slips slow down entry?
  • I'm guessing you already have your outfit picked out.
    2013 Wrigley Tee, Green cargo shorts, orange sunglasses, Cubs 2016 World Series Socks, Orange Saucony Shoes.
    If you see me on the Metra or the down in the Bars before the Wrigley Shows, come say 'Hi".
    Later,
    Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
    edited February 2018
    2013 Wrigley Tee, Green cargo shorts, orange sunglasses, Cubs 2016 World Series Socks, Orange Saucony Shoes.
    If you see me on the Metra or the down in the Bars before the Wrigley Shows, come say 'Hi".
    Later,
    Chris.
    :rofl: Hey whats up Chris?  You should be pretty easy to spot given the very specific details of the wardrobe. We definitely have to catch up this go around. We missed each other back in 2016. Hopefully you are going to be at both shows again this year in Chicago. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Recently attended an NBA game.  I had 5 tickets in my TM account on my phone.  I wanted to get all of us in quickly so took screen shots of the barcodes.  When it was time to enter I just quickly scrolled through the screenshots as the entry person scanned each one.  I was then given paper seat-finder receipts.  It was super quick.  I can’t imagine that we won’t get those receipts at the concerts.  Once inside, just make sure everybody has the correct receipts and you go on your merry way to your seats. Not complicated. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Recently attended an NBA game.  I had 5 tickets in my TM account on my phone.  I wanted to get all of us in quickly so took screen shots of the barcodes.  When it was time to enter I just quickly scrolled through the screenshots as the entry person scanned each one.  I was then given paper seat-finder receipts.  It was super quick.  I can’t imagine that we won’t get those receipts at the concerts.  Once inside, just make sure everybody has the correct receipts and you go on your merry way to your seats. Not complicated. 
    Yep. That's what they usually do for anyone who uses e-tickets. These slips of paper now act as one's "stubs" to add to the collection. 
    rummy said:
    Yep. That's what they usually do for anyone who uses e-tickets. These slips of paper now act as one's "stubs" to add to the collection. 
    I always lose my movie ticket stubs 5 seconds after.  Anyway, if you get there before the show, security seems to remember who belongs where
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    my2hands said:
    Won't paper slips slow down entry?
    I only had tickets one time for a concert and they gave me a paper ticket, almost as soon as they scanned my ticket on my phone. 

Like shetellsherself said: super quick and not complicated(except for me as i have no clue how to do screen shots on my phone>LOL>though, no problem with the ticket on my phone to be scanned).

It will all work out We will all find out how this goes after the Seattle shows.
  • Ray J. T. said:
    Later,
    Chris.
    :rofl: Hey whats up Chris?  You should be pretty easy to spot given the very specific details of the wardrobe. We definitely have to catch up this go around. We missed each other back in 2016. Hopefully you are going to be at both shows again this year in Chicago. 
    Yeah, doing Chicago again.  Not going to stop going now.  We'll def have to get together.  It's always a blast.
    Later.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Also if your ticket is for GA you'll probably just get a wristband vs. a paper slip.  That's how it was at Key Arena a few weeks ago.

NERDS!
    Ray J. T. said:
    Later,
    Chris.
    Yeah, doing Chicago again.  Not going to stop going now.  We'll def have to get together.  It's always a blast.
    Later.
    August can't get here fast enough. We will definitely link up. Can't wait till all the meet up threads start popping up. 
  • I was hoping more people would share their wardrobe choices.  I know I'm not the only one who has a specific "Concert Outfit" section in my closet.

For Wrigley Night 2, I'll probably do jean shorts, Yellow Binaural Soccer Jersey, Black sunglasses, white north face socks, and White Nike Vapor running shoes.

Hopefully I don't need to match a raincoat to any of the above outfits.

+1 Lets hope for a repeat of 2016 with clear skies. Night 1 in 2016 had a 20 minute rain shower about an hour and half before the show, and that was the end of that. Everybody still has the nightmare of 2013 stuck in the back of their minds. 
    I was hoping more people would share their wardrobe choices.  I know I'm not the only one who has a specific "Concert Outfit" section in my closet.

For Wrigley Night 2, I'll probably do jean shorts, Yellow Binaural Soccer Jersey, Black sunglasses, white north face socks, and White Nike Vapor running shoes.

:lol: Very detailed. 
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I was hoping more people would share their wardrobe choices.  I know I'm not the only one who has a specific "Concert Outfit" section in my closet.

Most mornings I don't even know what I'm going to wear to work let alone a concert in 6 months. lol

NYPJ
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772

Not set in stone yet, but pretty sure for the Fenway shows I'll be wearing brown Keen hiking/walking shoes, brown cargo pants, and compression socks. Not sure about the t-shirt yet. We might make our own
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765

Hmmm.   I’m sure I could dig around and find something you’d trade that soccer jersey for. :wink:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden

Regarding your Binaural soccer jersey:
    "Don't be that guy..." Can anyone finish this quote from an early '90s college movie?
  • MP59559 said:
    Not set in stone yet, but pretty sure for the Fenway shows I'll be wearing brown Keen hiking/walking shoes, brown cargo pants, and compression socks. Not sure about the t-shirt yet. We might make our own
    Oh, Yeah, I love the custom Tees.  So fun.  We made Custom Tees for PJ20 that we still wear around.  It was the the PJ20 rectangle and said:
    PJ20
    MT21

It was my brothers 21's birthday right before the shows so we used PJ20 as an excuse to get together and celebrate.  Epic weekend for sure.
  • Regarding your Binaural soccer jersey:
    "Don't be that guy..." Can anyone finish this quote from an early '90s college movie?
    I for sure am "that Guy" most of the time.  Someone's got to do it. =)

The tacky thing that I just started doing is wearing PJ tees to EVERYTHING.  Lana Del Rey concert....PJ Tee.
    Meet my wife for lunch at the library where she works.....PJ Tee.
    Coach my sons basketball team....PJ tee.
    Dad's night at the elementary school....PJ tee.
    Date night with wifey....PJ Tee.

Don't worry, I have a unique one for each occasion.
  • Hmmm.   I’m sure I could dig around and find something you’d trade that soccer jersey for. :wink:
    It's a size Medium if your interested.
  • There are 5 of us in GA for the Seattle shows, we need custom tees sorted I reckon... 
  • What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends: