Presale...well that sucked

Comments

• wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Ray J. T. said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    Well I meant GA for Wrigley specifically. Fenway does not have a GA. But i did see that some members were posting that they were able to score some tickets through the presale today and land some field tickets.
    Those field tix for Fenway today are waaay off to the sides. Really bad angles, basically just watching the screens all night. You wouldn’t want 10c to have them because if you ended up in those sections with 10c tix you’d be sorely disappointed.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Mr. Hand said:
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    Sections A1 and A7 are much different than the mid A sections though 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    Ray J. T. said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    Well I meant GA for Wrigley specifically. Fenway does not have a GA. But i did see that some members were posting that they were able to score some tickets through the presale today and land some field tickets.
    I totally missed that you were talking about GA, my bad!
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
    Mr. Hand said:
    Sections A1 and A7 are much different than the mid A sections though 
    Oh yes, no doubt.  I'd rather be in Section B towards the middle than closer up in A1 or A7.
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Today is the day when grown adults turn to children when they don't get what they want. I'm reading a lot of user error stories here. :)

I'm respecting the rules here and not calling you a D,, S,,

If you actually paid attention to real facts, you'd understand many of us were timed out of our tickets when MINUTES remained on tickets.com countdown
    Since we now know Fenway has two "bowl" price categories, and TC tickets are for the higher of the two prices, is that any hint that the "worst" of TC tickets are still better than a full pricing category ($86 vs $106 fv)
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Mr. Hand said:
    But don't they say all the best seats go to the fan club? Maybe they didn't say it this time, I'm not sure.

I know for Wrigley, tons of seats in the verified sale yesterday were better than what us low ten club # fan club members got 2 years ago and will surely be better than what we get again this year. I'm puzzled why those seats went to the general sale instead of fan club members.
    Ray J. T. said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Here is what I don't understand. To my knowledge, GA was reserved for 10c members and members only. How are some of these tickets ending up on secondary markets already? GA hard copy tickets at that. No 10c member should have hard copy tickets available to them. It still seems that a very high quantity of tickets are still ending up in the wrong hands somehow. Is it promoters? Record labels? Execs?
    All of the above. The venue and promoters always get their share. Could also be speculative tickets. Scalpers will list tickets they don't actually have sometimes. 
    I understand a little bit about the speculative tickets. But hard copy GA tickets? GA must not be exclusive to 10c members then. I feel extremely bad for all the members that have completely struck out with the 10c sale and with the verified presale that appears to have been a complete shit show.

TC exclusive to general public.

Insiders get directly from promoter for music industry, management, booking agencies, etc.
    JH6056 said:
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Can you please be more specific?  "Worst ticket policies" compared to... what other bands?  What are the policies that you consider so much better for a similiarly in-demand band?  And I ask that sincerely, I'm not arguing with you, but that statement without something to compare it to is meaningless.  What are the similarly in-demand bands that have such much better ticket policies, and what are those policies?

Thank you for wording you question fairly.

Those fans, like me, that decided 26+ years ago we didn't like to join fan clubs are shut out completely of the best reserved seats every show every tour

I agree seniority should have it's perks, but not better seating every tour every show. 

That  TC holds the majority of prime seats within it's club, limits supply to the resale market. This drives up resale prices exponentially, especially here in nyc.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Is there anyway that I can check my verified fan informations? I'm still wondering if I inputted my phone number incorrectly as I received an email for a time slot but was never texted a code!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JH6056 said:
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Can you please be more specific?  "Worst ticket policies" compared to... what other bands?  What are the policies that you consider so much better for a similiarly in-demand band?  And I ask that sincerely, I'm not arguing with you, but that statement without something to compare it to is meaningless.  What are the similarly in-demand bands that have such much better ticket policies, and what are those policies?

Those fans, like me, that decided 26+ years ago we didn't like to join fan clubs are shut out completely of the best reserved seats every show every tour

I agree seniority should have it's perks, but not better seating every tour every show. 

That  TC holds the majority of prime seats within it's club, limits supply to the resale market. This drives up resale prices exponentially, especially here in nyc.

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    JH6056 said:

I have been a fan of PJ since they came out in 91. Buying albums and such. But I never joined the fan club until 6 years ago. I always thought of fan clubs as things for kids. Usually they are actually. 

I mean, yeah...the old timer 10 club members, yes they have a lifetime pass for not a huge cost, which would be obviously be nice for them. But PJ does give us the GA opportunity for most shows. We just have to make do.
  • I am glad to her that some folks had no problems with the Ticketmaster presale.  To me it was an unabridged Clusterf@$k.  My code came 5 minutes late and when I finally got into the site - every time I checked seats to buy I got the message some other fan beat me to those seats.  Went through this cycle 6 times with no luck so I bagged it and can only hope my 10c tickets are good.

I certainly appreciate people trying to help us fans but would be nice if they ironed the kinks out of the system before subjecting customers to this maddening inefficiency.

Sarava said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    But don't they say all the best seats go to the fan club? Maybe they didn't say it this time, I'm not sure.

I know for Wrigley, tons of seats in the verified sale yesterday were better than what us low ten club # fan club members got 2 years ago and will surely be better than what we get again this year. I'm puzzled why those seats went to the general sale instead of fan club members.
    I think they said something along the lines of, "usually some of the best seats" or some qualifier like that.  I would think they know better than to guarantee anything. As noted above, too, the field seats people were getting via TM were either WAY to the sides, or WAY back. So I do think Ten Club gets the main body in front of the stage, most of the way back.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The seats on the field that were sold through Verified Fan for Fenway were on the far ends of A and in the C section. These are not the best seats and are not better than seats in the lower bowl. The middle sections of A and B are reserved for 10c members. These are the best seats in the house.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Since we now know Fenway has two "bowl" price categories, and TC tickets are for the higher of the two prices, is that any hint that the "worst" of TC tickets are still better than a full pricing category ($86 vs $106 fv)
    There are very few sections in the $86 category, so I think that's a safe bet.
  • ssommers21ssommers21 CHICAGO IL Posts: 78
    I actually thought the Verified Thing worked and didn't work.  If you got through which I did it worked as for my wife who was desperately trying to make me a happy man with tickets to both nights it did not work for her.  She never got through until it was only down to restricted view seats.   Been to wrigley many time but never sat in section 204 row 4.  Any word on how that might be    seems to be far enough forward of the pillars and a decent sight line of the stage.  Was frustrated that in '16 ad '18 now I have only gotten 10c tickets to the monday show especially with a 188*** membership number (yes I do understand its a lottery at this point not a guarantee.  Blessed to have tickets just wondering how those seats will be in 204.  
    1st:  6/26/1998 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    3rd:  8/18/2000 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    4th:  10/8/2000 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl)
    5th:  4/23/2003 - Assembly Hall - Champaign, IL
    6th:  6/18/2003 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    7th:  6/21/2003 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    8th:  6/29/2006 - Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI
    9th:  8/23/2009 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    10th:  5/7/2010 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    11th:  7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    12th:  10/20/2014 - BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
    13th:  8/20/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    14th:  8/22/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    15th:  8/18/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    16th:  8/20/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    17th:  9/5/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    18th:  9/7/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    19th:  9/10/2023 - Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN
    Sarava said:
    Mr. Hand said:

Don't know about Wrigley, but Red Sox presale tix weren't crazy. Best I saw were the Turf C sections on either far side and a couple Grandstand. Better than a lot of what I saw for Verified Fan yesterday, but I imagine a solid chunk of Ten Club tix are better.
    wrigley public sales and verified sales are crazy every year.  One chicago is a big city like new york but smaller, and its in the center of the country so its easier for people to get here I think.  
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    JH6056 said:

I joined Ten Club over 20 years ago specifically for the ticket presales. That's been a feature for almost as long as the club has existed. It's not like a bunch of people joined for decoder rings and had this benefit bestowed upon us recently. It's been a key reason to join and you passed. So it goes.

Someone joining today still has the opportunity to win GA tickets or the Reserved lottery. Beyond that, the worst case scenario is you get comparable tickets to a public onsale with less grief. In most cases, you may not get in the first 20 rows, but you'll get better seats than the general public. I'm sorry if this scenario doesn't allow you to pay a premium on the secondary for excellent seats, but thems the breaks.
    pjl44 said:
    JH6056 said:

I joined Ten Club over 20 years ago specifically for the ticket presales. That's been a feature for almost as long as the club has existed. It's not like a bunch of people joined for decoder rings and had this benefit bestowed upon us recently. It's been a key reason to join and you passed. So it goes.

Someone joining today still has the opportunity to win GA tickets or the Reserved lottery. Beyond that, the worst case scenario is you get comparable tickets to a public onsale with less grief. In most cases, you may not get in the first 20 rows, but you'll get better seats than the general public. I'm sorry if this scenario doesn't allow you to pay a premium on the secondary for excellent seats, but thems the breaks.
    Thanks couldn't agree more, joined back in the late 90's for the fanclub tickets and have paid to upkeep the membership for 20 years.  There has to be something said for that.  I get the lottery now, but someone who joined 3 weeks ago gets the same GA seats that I do and if they are reserved seats mine are way better based on seniority.  Pearl jam does way more for there fans and tickets than most artists.  

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I originally joined 10c in the mid 90's. I let my membership lapse. That's on me, no one else. People who stayed in the club throughout deserve the preferential seating their membership gets them.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited February 2018
    pjl44 said:
    JH6056 said:

Thems are the breaks indeed. I did say seats for a reason. This band and its fans, above all others, should understand that distinction.

I'll never forget the long time member here saying he could only see Booms left arm because his TC were so close to the rafters. Blind purchasing is not for everyone.

There's alot more to the ticket system than what you describe, we both know it. So much so they came up with the new e ticket system. Fans horded tickets, because fans were able to stock up on something easily worth more than $500 apiece for $80.

Those that enjoyed this benefit, don't kid yourself that this didn't screw the majority of fans that decided no not join a blind purchase system.
    wrigley public sales and verified sales are crazy every year.  One chicago is a big city like new york but smaller, and its in the center of the country so its easier for people to get here I think.  

No city in the world has the demand for PJ tickets more than NYC. MSG tickets are beyond impossible, and the odds last time were extremely low.
    pjl44 said:

Was $86 only the back of grandstand or pavillion at Fenway?
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I’ve been to a few PJ shows now and I have to say I have enjoyed from all different areas in the venue. At global citizen I could barely see them, and it was a blast!! I was going nuts where I was standing! I was almost near the back in Spokane and it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever been too. Maybe the best. I had rail at MSG in 16, and it was just as good as Spokane. 

Point is, Pearl Jam rocks the house from the rail all the way to the hugest rafter. Get in the building and enjoy one of the best live shows ever. Sometimes I choose to be further back to see the stage set up and light show. I promise is fun no matter where you’re seat is. 

The ten club club is the best fan club I’ve ever been part of. They manage to get most of us in the building before tickets go on sale. It’s incredible. This organization goes to bat for its fans. 
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited February 2018
    riley540 said:
    I’ve been to a few PJ shows now and I have to say I have enjoyed from all different areas in the venue. At global citizen I could barely see them, and it was a blast!! I was going nuts where I was standing! I was almost near the back in Spokane and it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever been too. Maybe the best. I had rail at MSG in 16, and it was just as good as Spokane. 

Point is, Pearl Jam rocks the house from the rail all the way to the hugest rafter. Get in the building and enjoy one of the best live shows ever. Sometimes I choose to be further back to see the stage set up and light show. I promise is fun no matter where you’re seat is. 

The ten club club is the best fan club I’ve ever been part of. They manage to get most of us in the building before tickets go on sale. It’s incredible. This organization goes to bat for its fans. 
    This guy gets it! Kudos! You’re  in the building. Now it’s your job to enjoy the wave 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    pjl44 said:

Was $86 only the back of grandstand or pavillion at Fenway?
    Blue sections

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    riley540 said:

That is exactly how I feel.  Don't fret your location, its a party with Pearl Jam as the house band! You know its gonna be fun no matter what!
  • Sarava said:
    Mr. Hand said:

10club TRYS to get ALL the best seats.  They never have said they get all the best seats. No way they can secure every good seat in the house.  It's not uncommon to get better seats in the public sale, especially if your number is way up there.