Options

Presale...well that sucked

Comments

• Options
    I was looking for 2 for my kids. We got reserved night 1 wrigley thru 10c then would have split so one parent per kid if we could have gotten more tix. I got the vf text 4 min before the time came in 2 different texts. Used my computer and got locked in the waiting room. It said it would refresh and let me know when i was selected to pick tickets. Nothing happened. 10 min later I started over and got in but kept getting an error that my request could not be processed. 2 tickets for 8/18 best avail. No luck :(
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    Got a 10am Boston code. Got thru at 1005/1010. No turf seats.  Could only pull 2 obstructed together. For all the great talk from the Ticketmaster rep on serius- it was a disappointment. Very limited supply mediocre at best seats. based on traffic on the site too many codes were given out. Consider this- many people that got codes may have not even used them if they got 10 club tix. Many registered as insurance if the ten club didn’t come through. 
    Seats weren't great, but there were WAY more available than VF presale I was in for Depeche Mode on Monday. There are still singles for Night 2 available.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I’ve used tickets.com before, it’s clunky 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Still (crappy) singles available for Night 2 at Fenway. Better than nothing if you are shut out.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177

"Down of the corner,

out in the street.

Hank and poor boys are dancing,

bring a dollar(inflation), tap your feet."

any luck on that Seattle ticket?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Today is the day when grown adults turn to children when they don't get what they want. I'm reading a lot of user error stories here. :)
    And some people will relish the opportunity to bathe in the misfortune of others.
    The majority of fans got tickets from 10club
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    Quick question for everyone, and I am not advocating this approach but want to hear what people think. I won both nights at Fenway thru 10c. I also received pre-sale code at 7:50 am/ET which I didn’t use. Since 10c and TM can share information, if right data was in place TM theoretically could know who won via lottery. In this case, wouldn’t it be better for those who didn’t win lottery get presale codes first. Again, I am sure there are ways now that this may not be feasible but with the right data in place and analysis this is probably room for improvement. Again not advocating but would love to hear people’s feedback.

Thanks,

Dan
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Jvollman said:
    KC138045 said:
    I don't like that I'm seeing a lot of people on here that were trying to use the sale today to get an upgrade compared to their 10c seats.  With the new rules this seems pretty shady in my opinion.
    I signed up for Verified in case I got shut out in lottery, I lucked out and got both nights..  I got 8 more today (me 4 and wife got 4 - sec 216 and 427).  I bought them for friends who wanted to go but are not 10C members or signed up for verified.  Selling to them for face.... EVEN IF BETTER than my 10C tickets, which they might be since I am #678xxx.  But I'm a stickler for rules and just happy I am in the building!
    Keep the 400s for yourself. Many of the 200s are under an overhang and the sound gets bad. 

Edit: just saw your comment re keeping the 10c tix. Right on. Advice re 400s vs 200s stands. Whoever you sell them too, odds are the 400s are better. 
    Totally agree, 400's much better.  200's you could have a post in view (216 does not though) plus the acoustics get jacked with the overhang like you said..  I am hoping I get first 4-5 rows 400 with my mem# which is not that great.  Im in GA on Monday, so the saturday show is just gravy on top for me.  Just want to be there, see a great show and hopefully meet some cool 10C members in my section.
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    edited February 2018
    danimal59 said:
    Quick question for everyone, and I am not advocating this approach but want to hear what people think. I won both nights at Fenway thru 10c. I also received pre-sale code at 7:50 am/ET which I didn’t use. Since 10c and TM can share information, if right data was in place TM theoretically could know who won via lottery. In this case, wouldn’t it be better for those who didn’t win lottery get presale codes first. Again, I am sure there are ways now that this may not be feasible but with the right data in place and analysis this is probably room for improvement. Again not advocating but would love to hear people’s feedback.

Thanks,

Dan
    I think if that were the goal, 10C would do something similar to 2016 where they had their own second chance sale. Seems like the number of people who struck out completely is pretty low. Plus, with Verified Fan TM is using their own methodology and that pulls in a lot from the general public. 
  • Options
    whendrickswhendricks NWAR Posts: 25
    edited February 2018
    Got 2 (Possible Limited View) for Fenway1 through Verified and was a frustrating experience. Didn't seem any options were great, threw several out and settled when at least able to get seats 1,2 in a row.  Will try again on general on sale.  But hey, b/c of such, now I am a 10C member! 
    Post edited by whendricks on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Here is what I don't understand. To my knowledge, GA was reserved for 10c members and members only. How are some of these tickets ending up on secondary markets already? GA hard copy tickets at that. No 10c member should have hard copy tickets available to them. It still seems that a very high quantity of tickets are still ending up in the wrong hands somehow. Is it promoters? Record labels? Execs?
  • Options
    Got 2 (Possible Limited View) for Fenway1 through Verified and was a frustrating experience. Didn't seem any options were great, threw several out and settled when I was a teenager least able to get seats 1,2 in a row.  Will try again on general on sale.  But hey, b/c of such, now I am a 10C member! 
    While frustrating, the fact that you had options and had the ability to throw out tixs for others is pretty nice if you think about it. Think about the alternative and how it usually works. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    Here is what I don't understand. To my knowledge, GA was reserved for 10c members and members only. How are some of these tickets ending up on secondary markets already? GA hard copy tickets at that. No 10c member should have hard copy tickets available to them. It still seems that a very high quantity of tickets are still ending up in the wrong hands somehow. Is it promoters? Record labels? Execs?
    All of the above. The venue and promoters always get their share. Could also be speculative tickets. Scalpers will list tickets they don't actually have sometimes. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    All of the above. The venue and promoters always get their share. Could also be speculative tickets. Scalpers will list tickets they don't actually have sometimes. 
    I understand a little bit about the speculative tickets. But hard copy GA tickets? GA must not be exclusive to 10c members then. I feel extremely bad for all the members that have completely struck out with the 10c sale and with the verified presale that appears to have been a complete shit show.
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    KC138045 said:
    I don't like that I'm seeing a lot of people on here that were trying to use the sale today to get an upgrade compared to their 10c seats.  With the new rules this seems pretty shady in my opinion.
    Agreed. I looked at what was available this morning to see what types of seats were being offered, but I wasn't planning to purchase any since I already have the shows I need thanks to the 10 Club. I'm quite aggravated because I saw somene in another thread who has been on the fence all week whether to buy tickets today on a chance that they might be better seats than the ones they already got from 10c, and someone else responded to their post and offered to sell his tickets (somewhere in the 100s) at face value. For someone who already has 10c tickets? How greedy do you have to be? 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Ray J. T. said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    I understand a little bit about the speculative tickets. But hard copy GA tickets? GA must not be exclusive to 10c members then. I feel extremely bad for all the members that have completely struck out with the 10c sale and with the verified presale that appears to have been a complete shit show.
    Just because someone has listed GA tickets doesn't mean they currently have those tickets to sell. And if they are speculative listings they may not have yet realized that paper tickets aren't something they are going to be able to get for these shows. I have no faith that these listings are legit and I do believe that GA was 10c only for these shows.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i thought it was just fenway today? thats what the text said. . .i dont even see the wrigley shows for sale on ticketmaster
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    Ray J. T. said:
     Well, not entirely.  I think 10 club had the majority of the floor, but if you followed the Ticketmaster presale with any regularity, you’d see that the sides were selling, and the way back areas like the C-sections  we are also selling on the Ticketmaster sale.  I would imagine 10 club made a deal that they get the majority of the good seats that are center to the stage, but Ticketmaster always get some  on the sides.  That’s not to say that 10 clubbers aren’t selling some of their very good seats in the middle, but it’s not just 10 clubbers that are selling that stuff online right now. 
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    edited February 2018
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    Post edited by Mr. Hand on
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Literally just bought two tickets to Wrigley N2 A 211 R8 both seats together. Verified fan presale code holder. It’s still working tonight. So if it didn’t work for you today.... RUN! Husbands gonna kill me. I already have tix for Wrigley N1 10C Lotto. He doesn’t get going to multiple shows....I love him flaws and all. Lol
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I only put in for 10C tickets for Seattle 1 ... and got them. Yay!
    Then I regretted not trying for Seattle 2.  Tried the presale while at work today ... but seemed to get stuck on the part where ticketmaster was searching for tickets.  I was there for over 20 minutes, but then had to bail to go to a meeting. So no luck for me.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    I just bought 4 tickets in a row for night 2 in Wrigley/that’s cool - I can bring 3 of my friends!!!! Can’t believe it.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I just bought 4 tickets in a row for night 2 in Wrigley/that’s cool - I can bring 3 of my friends!!!! Can’t believe it.
    Just now?!?!  That is awesome. I'm gonna try again for Seattle. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    You score good seats? 
  • Options
    I think so, 211 row 8 seat 1-4 - have a couple friends who want to go so, yeah.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    I think so, 211 row 8 seat 1-4 - have a couple friends who want to go so, yeah.  
    Awesome! 
  • Options
    Mr. Hand said:
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    Well I meant GA for Wrigley specifically. Fenway does not have a GA. But i did see that some members were posting that they were able to score some tickets through the presale today and land some field tickets.
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    I did get two tickets today for Wrigley night 1, but they are not together.  I can no longer use my code.  Does anyone have an extra code they would PM me so I can try and get two together.  I will sell the two singles at cost or below to get two together.
    Thanks
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    At Wrigley, 200 and 500 sections are the only ones that you have to worry about having a post in your way.  Generally, I would recommend 400 level seats (especially first 5 rows) over 200 section.  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis