Verified pre-sale questions

Missed out on tickets to Fenway 1 and will be trying for tix during pre-sale...some questions for those that have done a Verfied pre-sale before as I have not...

1.  When you're sent a Verified pre-sale code the night before via text/email, do you also get instructions on what to do like what website to go to?
2.  Do you need to set up an account in advance with the ticket seller?  Like for Fenway, do I need to set up an account at www.bostonredsox.com?  Will it work more quickly if I do?
3.  Can you choose to have Verified pre-sale tickets mailed to you in paper form (paper tix as opposed to email PDF tickets)?
4.  Are electronic tickets emailed the same time that paper tickets are mailed out? (not sure if I want paper tix or PDF email tickets).  I've never gotten PDF tickets before.

Thanks!

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Valid questions and curious as well as its my 1st time trying for verified tickets 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited February 2018
    Verified Fan works exactly the same as normal Ticketmaster, you just have to enter your unique code attached to your account. You are not guaranteed tickets, but you enter for them the same and can choose hard tickets or PDF.  Now this is for Ticketmaster shows. You get an email that you are selected early in the morning then then an hour or two before the sale a text with a link and your code. 

As to the other questions, no one knows yet if the sale will be through Ticketmaster or the Red Sox site. Tickets.com handled them last time, and I had assumed they would again. Guessing that info will be sent out to those who entered the verified fan lottery tomorrow with all the instructions. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644

Can you still acquire TM Verified Fan tickets to a show that you already have 10C tix for? For family?

02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Missed out on tickets to Fenway 1 and will be trying for tix during pre-sale...some questions for those that have done a Verfied pre-sale before as I have not...

1.  When you're sent a Verified pre-sale code the night before via text/email, do you also get instructions on what to do like what website to go to?
    2.  Do you need to set up an account in advance with the ticket seller?  Like for Fenway, do I need to set up an account at www.bostonredsox.com?  Will it work more quickly if I do?
    3.  Can you choose to have Verified pre-sale tickets mailed to you in paper form (paper tix as opposed to email PDF tickets)?
    4.  Are electronic tickets emailed the same time that paper tickets are mailed out? (not sure if I want paper tix or PDF email tickets).  I've never gotten PDF tickets before.

Thanks!
    1. I got the code and a link texted to me the morning of. The link takes you directly to the page once the onsale starts. If I clicked it before, it just took me to the TM home page.

2. Don't need to but definitely a good idea to set one up in advance and be logged in.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to 3 & 4 because I barely sniffed a ticket. An upper level balcony pair popped up 40 minutes into the presale but that was it. This was for Depeche Mode.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Who I Am said:

Can you still acquire TM Verified Fan tickets to a show that you already have 10C tix for? For family?

Yes
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Sale will be through tickets.com.  The Ticketmaster link already forwards there.  The link you’re sent with your VF code will just be a general link to the sale page it’s nothing special or secret.  You’ll enter your code to get access.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Great info!!!  Thanks.  Also, do you have to use your cellphone to purchase or can you somehow use your computer?
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    anyone know if they will have GA available via the verified sale or is it reserved for 10c members only? Looking for one more Seattle Night 2 GA ticket. 

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

Thanks!
    1. I've done Verified tix a handful of times and in each instance received two text the morning the tix went on sale. One text contained the code; the other instructions
    2. I've never done Verified for any sellers other than TM so can't speak from experience. Your best best, most likely, is to go ahead and set up your account. At the least, it'll accelerate your check out process.
    3. With the exception of buying U2 tix last year for their Joshua Tree tour, which were CC-based entry, all other tix I've purchased had paper options available. These usually cost more but I enjoy having stubs from the shows I attend and gladly pay the extra fees (+/-$4.50/ticket). However, since 10C tix are paperless there's a chance all of them will be. I imagine we'll know for sure sooner than later.
    4. Not sure 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    wsimon74 said:
    anyone know if they will have GA available via the verified sale or is it reserved for 10c members only? Looking for one more Seattle Night 2 GA ticket. 

NO
    NO GA OUTSIDE OF TEN CLUB LOTTERY
    TEN CLUB MEMBERS ONLY
    HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Who I Am said:

Yes
    I thought the TM guy who was on the Faithful Forum said that if you get selected for 10C tickets then you would not get the presale password? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    My question is, when you’re sent a code are you told specifically what city and show it’s for? I recall setting a priority when registering for the verified sale. 

My question is, when you’re sent a code are you told specifically what city and show it’s for? I recall setting a priority when registering for the verified sale. 

That was my experience, yes
  • laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    LukinFan said:
    Who I Am said:

Yes
    I thought the TM guy who was on the Faithful Forum said that if you get selected for 10C tickets then you would not get the presale password? 
    I forgot about that.  Plus, they said that TM is the one issuing the 10C mobile tickets, so I guess they would have some of your info.  But what if you used a different email, credit card?  Interesting....
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I can't recall ever hearing anything about TM and the 10C being connected (as far as getting fanclub tickets taking you out of the drawing for TM verified tix).  
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

The link texted to me for Depeche Mode took me right to the show that I had selected when registering for the presale. Just had to choose the number of tix I wanted and paste the code in and it started searching for tix like TM does for any show.
    laa1025 said:
    LukinFan said:
    Who I Am said:

Yes
    I forgot about that.  Plus, they said that TM is the one issuing the 10C mobile tickets, so I guess they would have some of your info.  But what if you used a different email, credit card?  Interesting....

That cant be true.  They have no way of being able to connect the two right now.  Your 10C tickets will not affect getting a code.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    I HIGHLY recommend signing into you TM acct or creating an acct on whatever site the link takes you to, ahead of time. For Depeche Mode it made me sign in twice. I assume one was to make sure it was the same email I used to register for the presale, and one was just signing into my TM acct. 

In a situation like highly sought after PJ tix, doing so can save you valuable seconds.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2018
    I HIGHLY recommend signing into you TM acct or creating an acct on whatever site the link takes you to, ahead of time. For Depeche Mode it made me sign in twice. I assume one was to make sure it was the same email I used to register for the presale, and one was just signing into my TM acct. 

In a situation like highly sought after PJ tix, doing so can save you valuable seconds.
    Yeah, you're right. I got screwed by this before too. I signed into my usual TM account, but then I had to sign in again once the sale began for the verified sale. I can't quite work out why this happened - it seemed like I had my bases covered - but I know I couldn't land good tickets from that particular presale because of it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879

The link texted to me for Depeche Mode took me right to the show that I had selected when registering for the presale. Just had to choose the number of tix I wanted and paste the code in and it started searching for tix like TM does for any show.
    Gotcha. Okay, I guess looking back I might’ve messed up then in the long run. I end up needing a ticket for Boston N1 but have Boston as my second priority for the presale. We'll see how this turned out! 
  • Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    Anyone get an email yet?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I thought a text would show up Thursday night, if selected.
    Reads11 said:
    Anyone get an email yet?
    Emails on Thursday, texts on Friday morning if you’re chosen. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Verified Fan works exactly the same as normal Ticketmaster, you just have to enter your unique code attached to your account. You are not guaranteed tickets, but you enter for them the same and can choose hard tickets or PDF.  Now this is for Ticketmaster shows. You get an email that you are selected early in the morning then then an hour or two before the sale a text with a link and your code. 

As to the other questions, no one knows yet if the sale will be through Ticketmaster or the Red Sox site. Tickets.com handled them last time, and I had assumed they would again. Guessing that info will be sent out to those who entered the verified fan lottery tomorrow with all the instructions. 

So we don't even know if Fenway verified presale will be run by TM?

How does one set up an account to make sure they are logged in ready to go before the site gets buggy when presale begins?
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    edited February 2018
    Good luck to those that missed out in the 10 club sale.

How does one set up an account to make sure they are logged in ready to go before the site gets buggy when presale begins?
    Register an account there. Same MLB site as Red Sox ticketing.
  • I did the verified fan thing for Bruce on Broadway - multiple tries.  You get an email the night before saying if you are verified or if on standby.

If verified, you get a text soon before the onside, and then it's like normal Ticketmaster, just with less people trying for tickets. But you still need to be quick, etc.

If on standby, you are shut out with no options.  For the last Bruce on Broadway release in Dec, I was on standby but got a code 2 hours after the first on sale.  I was still able to get seats to a show, albeit Bruce is a little different since many were looking for cheaper ($75/seat) tickets vs. the $1700/seat tickets.

The verified fan thing, from a buying perspective, is just a smaller number of people hammering the server at once. Less wait time and no absolute server crashes of the past.
  • YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 28
    Some more questions I haven't seen answers to;

1) Does anyone know how the priority we selected works?  I'm hoping to get a code for my 2nd preference (got 10C tickets to my 1st).  Is it similar to the 10C lottery, everyone that had that one as their #1 preference will get their code first and if any tickets are left I would be on standby and might get a code later??   

2) Does it say anywhere what time the presale starts for each show?  10am local time?   

3) Too late for this now but how were we supposed to enter our phone number?  Should we have entered the +1 then area code + number with no spaces?  I believe it had the +1 country code already so I wrote the remaining 10 digits with no spaces, hoping this is the format they were looking for..  
    Some more questions I haven't seen answers to;

1) Does anyone know how the priority we selected works?  I'm hoping to get a code for my 2nd preference (got 10C tickets to my 1st).  Is it similar to the 10C lottery, everyone that had that one as their #1 preference will get their code first and if any tickets are left I would be on standby and might get a code later??   

2) Does it say anywhere what time the presale starts for each show?  10am local time?   

3) Too late for this now but how were we supposed to enter our phone number?  Should we have entered the +1 then area code + number with no spaces?  I believe it had the +1 country code already so I wrote the remaining 10 digits with no spaces, hoping this is the format they were looking for..  
    1. Not sure
    2. That info will be in the email you get. Probably the normal 10-12 local time range.
    3. If they accepted the form, I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    pjl44 said:

Register an account there. Same MLB site as Red Sox ticketing.

Some have said tickets.com?

That site doesn't look right

http://www.tickets.com/search/?s=red sox

The red Sox MLB page links to a Nov site with only options (on mobile) to buy Sox tickets