Are you telling me that I will not be able to get a PRINTED version of the ticket no matter what?!?!

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I personally don’t care but I can see your point OP.  Sorta like analog vs digital.  Analog members get a stub and digital members don’t going forward.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ceska said:
    Maybe I should start a "ticket service" and have them custom made for people?
    http://www.faketicketgenerator.com/

HELLO!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I still have every ticket from almost every concert, broadway play, sporting event , and even the movies.  I used to put them in those baseball card pages, and for a guy like me with all this stuff and memories, it is a non-issue .... 

No outrage here in the slightest, understand your disappointment no doubt, but no outrage.

Now if you want to talk about how I feel when I turn on the nightly news?? We can talk about outrage.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I'm usually on board with whatever diatribe suits any particular person, but the level of anger vs the reality of the situation does not compute. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I really like to have hard copies of the ticket stub. Hell, I was at Game 7 of the greatest World Series game ever played and all I got was a crappy printed thin receipt...and a Cubs World Series Championship. I really would like to have an actual game 7 stub to display, but the pictures with my brother and the memories will definitely suffice.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Maybe I should start a "ticket service" and have them custom made for people?
    Wouldn't that compromise your principles and opposition to fan made stuff?
    Really?

It's "bootlegging" or copying of an original that I'm not a fan of, you know stickers and that sort of thing.  I though we discussed this on FB already on my stance?

There's a ticket generator that you can do for free.  Just google it.  Problem solved.

There is also a company that can make posters of a ticket stub for that.

Here is a place mat.

http://www.metalinsider.net/merchandising/now-you-can-turn-your-old-ticket-stubs-into-floor-mats
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That fake ticket generator is kinda cool.  I may make some for past events which my friends always seemed to get those print-at-home pieces of shit.
  • jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    kramer73 said:
    jeffgq said:
    what if you dont own a smart phone? i do of course, but im sure there are some people that dont own one!
    Obviously you can't get tickets.   Sorry.
    thats fucking WEAK then
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Thank you for the alternative idea - I still say that a band like pearljam and a culture like its fanbase should show more outrage.  It seems minor but a hard ticket is part of the whole experience. This conscious decision by the band/band management is very corporate-esk. I know there must be others out there that feel the same way. 

Try making only digital options for big events like the superbowl or masters or hall of fame inductions, etc.  There would be a huge outcry and there should be. 
    Outrage? No. It seems minor because it is minor.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    stickman said:
    I still have every ticket from almost every concert, broadway play, sporting event , and even the movies.  I used to put them in those baseball card pages, and for a guy like me with all this stuff and memories, it is a non-issue .... 

No outrage here in the slightest, understand your disappointment no doubt, but no outrage.

Now if you want to talk about how I feel when I turn on the nightly news?? We can talk about outrage.  
    HI-FIVE TO THIS! 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I'm not outraged, just dissapointed.

I like collecting stubs.  I would surmised I've been to 300+ concerts since my teens, it's hard keep tracking.   Concerts are one of my favourite things to do, so once and a while it's interesting going back and seeing what I've been too.

This won't be the first PJ show I've seen without ticket.   Vancouver 2000 only had laniards (which I put the plastic bit in my ticketstub album).  Pemberton 2016 had a printout ticket you exchanged for a wristband.    I printed out a 2nd copy, cut it out, and put in the album with the wristband.

Hopefully for this years shows I can do a decent screenshot and print it out.  It's mostly about memories for me.   Alot of blurs together now, so it's nice to be able to go back and see what I've seen.
  • Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    I only started collecting stubs in about 93 so I’m missing a bunch from shows from like 91-92. I think the earliest PJ stub I have is from when they played with Blind Melon and opened up for Neil Young in like 93. There are ones that got misplaced along the way as well so I don’t care about it to much. I do prefer hard tickets though. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I'm all for having a souvenir stub and have saved all of mine through the years, but we can't always have our cake and eat it too. I'm good with the mobile ticket for these shows.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • SR91748SR91748 Posts: 137
    We need to get back to serious business like comparing poster tube weights.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    its nice to get a ticket. Nice to look back at a few years later. I make displays out of my pearl jam tours.......they are always A4 sized and its nice to pick them out from time to time and look at the tickets amoungst other tickets for attractions in that city that we took in at the time. Berlin 2012 night 2 did print your own tickets and that doesnt look good at all in that frame .....

But if we dont get them in the future - thats life i guess. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I would definitely be interested in a commemorative personalized hard ticket after the fact. I'm also not going to lose a second of sleep if we get nothing like that.
  • Kinda bummed about it but it's not worth being too pissed about. I really just enjoy the Wrigley tickets, especially as a Cubs fan. If they offer something, I'd probably purchase it....if not I probably won't remember and assume I lost it next time I look at my stubs. Haha. 
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    jeffgq said:
    what if you dont own a smart phone? i do of course, but im sure there are some people that dont own one!

I'm one of those...wife has one though so all is good!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Kinda bummed about it but it's not worth being too pissed about. I really just enjoy the Wrigley tickets, especially as a Cubs fan. If they offer something, I'd probably purchase it....if not I probably won't remember and assume I lost it next time I look at my stubs. Haha. 

On on hand, I don't want to tell anyone how to feel.  On the other hand, THIS is how we should feel.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    Kinda bummed about it but it's not worth being too pissed about. I really just enjoy the Wrigley tickets, especially as a Cubs fan. If they offer something, I'd probably purchase it....if not I probably won't remember and assume I lost it next time I look at my stubs. Haha. 

On on hand, I don't want to tell anyone how to feel.  On the other hand, THIS is how we should feel.
    I'm not telling anyone how to feel, that's just how I feel.....
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    edited February 2018
    Isn't the club making arrangements for those that don't have smart phones? That would probably be a paper ticket, right? I think you'd have to contact the Ten Club - just make sure you don't send the e-mail from your iPhone. :wink:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    OnWis97 said:

I'm not telling anyone how to feel, that's just how I feel.....
    I know.  I am kinda telling people how to feel (in other words, they should feel as you do; it's fine to be disappointed, but why get worked up about it?).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Outrage is a strong word but its supposed to be - I swear I will be fine in the end....maybe :).  Respect some of the comments here - but do not roll over as a consumer (or a fan) and eagerly offer to pay additionally for a hard ticket (and then complain later about ticket prices).    

Little things add up and if you stay quiet, corporations (in this case Ticketmaster backdooring this policy) will take more and more. Some times you use words like outrage or draw the line on something seemingly "minor" because its the point.  How do you think we got to the point that tickets cost $100 and fees are $25?  Because the small % charged was minor at first.  Airline baggage fees anyone?  11.8 oz. for something that's always been 12 oz.? 

Look, like many of you I grew up with this band (and also like some of you, a ticket stub hoarder) - I will be happy as a clam in *s**t at the Fenway show with my digital ticket bc I'm fortunate enough to have a low 5 digit fan #.  But this band would notice stuff like this 20 years ago. Hell, at one point they designed their own hard tickets.  Still love them to death but just saying. 

At a grander stage, think about companies owning and tracking your social data - was innocuous at first wasn't it? Now we live in a world where they do not have to pay for it.  No big deal, right?  outrage 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Outrage is a strong word but its supposed to be - I swear I will be fine in the end....maybe :).  Respect some of the comments here - but do not roll over as a consumer (or a fan) and eagerly offer to pay additionally for a hard ticket (and then complain later about ticket prices).    

Little things add up and if you stay quiet, corporations (in this case Ticketmaster backdooring this policy) will take more and more. Some times you use words like outrage or draw the line on something seemingly "minor" because its the point.  How do you think we got to the point that tickets cost $100 and fees are $25?  Because the small % charged was minor at first.  Airline baggage fees anyone?  11.8 oz. for something that's always been 12 oz.? 

Look, like many of you I grew up with this band (and also like some of you, a ticket stub hoarder) - I will be happy as a clam in *s**t at the Fenway show with my digital ticket bc I'm fortunate enough to have a low 5 digit fan #.  But this band would notice stuff like this 20 years ago. Hell, at one point they designed their own hard tickets.  Still love them to death but just saying. 

At a grander stage, think about companies owning and tracking your social data - was innocuous at first wasn't it? Now we live in a world where they do not have to pay for it.  No big deal, right?  outrage 

A clam in shit would be dead. Hope you're happier than that at Fenway.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    Outrage is a strong word but its supposed to be - I swear I will be fine in the end....maybe :).  Respect some of the comments here - but do not roll over as a consumer (or a fan) and eagerly offer to pay additionally for a hard ticket (and then complain later about ticket prices).
    Did I miss something? Has there been an announcement that they'll be selling something at the merch stands?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

A clam in shit would be dead. Hope you're happier than that at Fenway.
    :rofl:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

MP59559 said:
    Did I miss something? Has there been an announcement that they'll be selling something at the merch stands?
    no, just some here have suggested they'd be ok with paying for a hard ticket if that option were available. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    pjl44 said:
    I would definitely be interested in a commemorative personalized hard ticket after the fact. I'm also not going to lose a second of sleep if we get nothing like that.

My guess moving forward as this becomes the norm is that PJ and other bands will create cool digital tickets so we can start a digital ticket album.  Kind of like pictures!  We found a way to look at photos without a physical photo album.
  • Really?

It's "bootlegging" or copying of an original that I'm not a fan of, you know stickers and that sort of thing.  I though we discussed this on FB already on my stance?

There's a ticket generator that you can do for free.  Just google it.  Problem solved.

There is also a company that can make posters of a ticket stub for that.

Here is a place mat.

http://www.metalinsider.net/merchandising/now-you-can-turn-your-old-ticket-stubs-into-floor-mats
    hate to bust your bubble, but I have no idea what you're talking about regarding "your stance on FB".