Hey Ten Club... this is ridiculous... Re Drawing dates.

zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
edited February 2018 in The Porch
Dear Ten Club,

Imagine my surprise when I signed-in to put down my ticket entry selections only to find out it has already closed. 

What in the world!?!? The original email said Feb 13, 10AM PST. 

And now I'm shut-out. 

What gives Ten Club? I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed right now. 

(Yes, I see now, after the fact, the other communcations have a different date. Why would I not believe their first email though?)

Edited for clarity. 

Post edited by zebra27 on

Comments

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    zebra27 said:
    Dear Ten Club,

Imagine my surprise when I signed-in to put down my ticket entry selections only to find out it has already closed. 

And now I'm shut-out. 

(Yes, I see know the other communcations have a different date. Why would I not believe their first email though?)

Surprise? How many other emails and announcements had the correct date? 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    Horse2345 said:
    zebra27 said:
    Dear Ten Club,

And now I'm shut-out. 

(Yes, I see know the other communcations have a different date. Why would I not believe their first email though?)

Surprise? How many other emails and announcements had the correct date? 
    Not to mention 2 weeks to get ready and 5 days to put in a request...
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    The same first email also had the correct date listed a couple of rows later  (however, the mistake is indeed there in the first mention)

For your travel planning convenience, you have 2 weeks before the drawing begins. The drawing entry period opens Wednesday, February 7th at 10am PT, and closes on Tuesday, February 13th at 10am PT

The drawing page will not be active until the drawing starts.

Since you have 6 full days to enter, you do not have to be online right at 10am PT on the 7th. The time you enter the drawing has no effect on whether or not you get tickets, as long as you enter before the drawing period ends on February 12th at 10am PT.

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    Thanks, mrk2. I hadn't noticed the correct date was in the email also. 

I do also see it says '6 full days' which would be the 13th. 

Whatever. Just frustrating. 

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    All kinds of extras around just put out there what you need!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Why would you wait until the last minute anyway? He who hesitates is lost.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Get_Right said:
    Well I always wait till the night before so I can get a good idea of what the final odds will look like. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RiotZact said:
    Get_Right said:
    Well I always wait till the night before so I can get a good idea of what the final odds will look like. 
    Yeah there are good reasons why someone may wait to the last minute. And I do feel bad for anyone who got shut out because of the typo. But that email did contain conflicting dates, not just the incorrect date. Also, anyone who was watching the odds before entering would have been making frequent trips to the website where the correct info was posted.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lesson learned:  put in your picks immediately and then adjust later if needed.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    lesson learned:  put in your picks immediately and then adjust later if needed.
    +1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    +2
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    Why wait until last second? Could have put picks in early, canceled them, rearranged them, canceled again. Many options. Don't be mad at 10C. 99.9% of people knew to get their pick in on time. Now you know for next time. Hopefully you are able to score some tickets from people on here or general sale.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree on late picks.  If everyone does it this way it messess up the ability of everyone to properly calculate and rank picks.  Just seems silly when people can cancel and re-rank the morning of the drawing it night before.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Agreed with others: put a pony in the race. Tinker as you see fit.

Bummer you missed out though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I for one never saw that 2/13 date. Only ever saw 2/12.
    I'm a last 24 hours entry guy so if I had only read the info once on only that email I would've  been SOL.
    Good thing I read all the emails  more than once and understood all.the procedures and important dates and times.

Good luck in next sales 
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

While it is always better safe than sorry, there is some responsibility on the 10C here for having an error in their initial announcement.  Hopefully they can help. 

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Procrastination is evil disease that I get sometimes like the flu, just never with PJ stuff, only with my honey do list from my wife.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
  • they clearly sent out and posted information with the Feb 12th date afterwards.  why should you have to read additional mailings??? BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE OR MISTAKES HAPPEN.  I don't know about you but I receive updated dates and times daily in my professional life.

Maybe I should tell my boss "suck it up big lips you originally told me 2pm".
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited February 2018
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 296
    edited February 2018
    this happened to me too, I added it to my calendar after the first email and got shut out.  so bummed.  why would i scrutinize the subsequent emails once I have it added to my calendar?  it would have been nice for 10C to at least put in the email subject that the date had been changed.
    Post edited by regalturbo on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 
  • edited February 2018
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:

I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 
    exactly. it's kind of humorous.  like now we are damning the 10c because of a single typo...where 99% of the membership knew the date was the 12th.

also lets be honest.  those of us posting here are fairly detailed about tickets.  you mean to tell me you read the email, saw the 13th date, and stopped reading all future postings/correspondence.  oooooooooooooooooooook
    Post edited by ShouldHaveBeenSomething on
    edited February 2018
    Typos happen. The problem here is that people have decided reading an entire email constitutes a forensic examination. When did reading become such an ordeal?

You didn't get an email with one wrong date in it. You got an email with two conflicting dates in it. You chose to go with the later date, opening yourself up to missing the draw.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    edited February 2018
    It doesn't seem like any of the gripers are brand new to 10C.  Sucks you didn't make it a priority, that's not 10C's fault, but there's still plenty of time to get tickets.
    Post edited by Vitalogensia on
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It wasn't just a number typo on 10c's part, they also mentioned the duration of the drawing as 6 days, which would have taken it to 2/13. So 10c continues its stellar record of clear communication, and class-a copy editing.
    But regardless, there were multiple emails, announcements on social media, announcements here, constant chatter here and in Facebook groups, etc... If someone really thought it was the 13th based off of the first email, they must have lost power and connectivity for the better part of a couple of weeks.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Why blame yourself when you screw up in this life when there are literally billions of other people you can.

That's what I say.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    jeffbr said:
    It wasn't just a number typo on 10c's part, they also mentioned the duration of the drawing as 6 days, which would have taken it to 2/13. So 10c continues its stellar record of clear communication, and class-a copy editing.
    But regardless, there were multiple emails, announcements on social media, announcements here, constant chatter here and in Facebook groups, etc... If someone really thought it was the 13th based off of the first email, they must have lost power and connectivity for the better part of a couple of weeks.
    They did give us 6 days. We had the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th(until 1PM est) to get our entries in.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    I've never been big on counting days to measure time and track deadlines. Don't tell me an assignment is due in six days. Give me a time and a date. If you give me multiple dates I'm going to track you down for clarification. That's what should have happened here.

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,771
    JimmyV said:
    Typos happen. The problem here is that people have decided reading an entire email constitutes a forensic examination. When did reading become such an ordeal?
    Indeed. It's not like the second reference was in fine print. It was in the main body of the very same e-mail. And, the club sent an e-mail when the lottery opened, stating the correct deadline. Not to mention, every place it's mentioned on the website is correct.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."