London Bridge Studios Tour and other Seattle musical landmarks?

iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
Since this will be our first time going to Seattle, I really want to do as much as I can when it comes to Seattle music history...Has anyone does this tour? Is it worth it? Also looking for other places to visit and historical sights to see when it comes to the great musical history in Seattle.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    I've done the London Bridge Studios tour back in 2013. It's totally worth it. :)

Also book the Stalking Seattle tour too over @ http://stalkingseattletours.blogspot.ca/ .

• wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    demetrios said:
    I've done the London Bridge Studios tour back in 2013. It's totally worth it. :)

Also book the Stalking Seattle tour too over @ http://stalkingseattletours.blogspot.ca/ .

The Stalking Seattle tour is awesome.

NYPJ
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Stalking Seattle tour is totally booked the week of the shows. If anyone has tickets they won't be using, please let me know! My wife and I would love to go.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Great ideas in this thread. I usually only make it to Seattle for work and haven't had  much time to explore my past few visits.
    wall232 said:
    demetrios said:

The Stalking Seattle tour is awesome.

Indeed. Charity is wonderful. She has wonderful stories to tell you.  :)
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Any alternatives to stalking Seattle since it is indeed fully booked already?
    Any alternatives to stalking Seattle since it is indeed fully booked already?
    If you can't make the tour & you got a car here's the sites Charity checks out.

http://stalkingseattletours.blogspot.ca/p/blog-page_17.html

THE PARAMOUNT THEATER: Nirvana shot an extended video at this theater. It’s also on the historical registry. Andy Wood’s memorial was held here in March of 1990.

THE MOORE THEATER: Pearl Jam’s Even Flow video was shot here on January 17, 1992. Mad Season also shot an extended video here in 1995.

JIMI HENDRIX PARK: Newly remodeled and awesome. Phase 3 begins in the Summer of 2018.

THE SINGLES APARTMENT BUILDING: This is where the majority of the characters lived in the movie.

JEFF AMENT'S OLD APARTMENT: This is where he and Stone listened to Eddie's demo tape.

EL CORAZON (The Old Off Ramp): This is where Pearl Jam mplayed their first show. It's also where Nirvana played their first Seattle show with Dave on drums.

CROCODILE CAFE: Opened in 1991, this place has hosted tons of album release parties and good times.  It used to be owned by Peter Buck's wife. Now it's owned by Sean Kinney.

BLACK SUN SCULPTURE: Some say this is the inspiration for the Soundgarden song, Black Hole Sun. 

VIRETTA PARK: Located next door to the home where Kurt Cobain lived and died, the bench at the park has become a shrine. You can check out his house too.

THE CENTRAL SALOON: Nirvana played their first Seattle show here in April of 1988...to nobody. Mother Love Bone played their last show here. 

• Cool thanks for this!
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    I've been to Central Saloon before a number of games and concerts. I don't think I'd ever fully grasped its rich music history til now.
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    I loved the LBS Tour, I'm big into that stuff as I'm a recording artist but it was an awesome tour. Little bit of a drive but totally worth it, also a little hard to find like most studios aha
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    Demetrios pretty much covered it. Go see some shows at places like El Corazon, Neumos, The Croc... Sub Pop music festival will be going on that weekend too. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Just booked my tix for the London Bridge tour the day of Seattle 1! See some history in the morning, then rock out at night. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    edited April 2018

Welcome home to the newly redesigned lounge at London Bridge!

Endless thanks to Greg & Dustin at REID SIGNS and Julie Reid!!!

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I have been to a lot of those places!

Is the Sub-Pop store still open in Seattle?

that was a trip.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    demetrios said:

Welcome home to the newly redesigned lounge at London Bridge!

Endless thanks to Greg & Dustin at REID SIGNS and Julie Reid!!!

Ooh this looks Cool 
  • RolloRollo Posts: 90
    Guys, you have forgotten Easy Street Records in West Seattle.
    You can actually have breakfast there.
  • RolloRollo Posts: 90
    Sub Pop has the flagstore at the airport.
    It's the only one. At the address in Seattle there's their "office"